Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Somebody take this offer up  (Read 2463 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Somebody take this offer up
« Reply #15 on: 25 Apr 2013, 22:47 »

What you're proposing to do is set up a city with people from all over the Federation(the whole cluster, even?), tell everyone they're egalitarian and socially liberated, and nobody is better than anyone else. I give your population a year to work out amongst themselves who the elites and the least are.

Now that would be a good story. Proper grimdark. Paradise becomes hell.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 25 Apr 2013, 23:56 »

I like the lax legislational environment and zero tax. I think we can do something here...

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 26 Apr 2013, 09:00 »

If I was still in game, I'd jump on this so hard.

That sounded wrong, but I'll go with it.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 26 Apr 2013, 13:08 »

Now it gave me an idea. Fits so well with a RP of mine that I am surprised I haven't thought of it sooner.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #19 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:58 »

Ché has a lot on his mind, but he is following Elusia rather closely. He is still planning to have a drink with Seri and chat about it.
-OOChé

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #20 on: 26 Apr 2013, 19:30 »

Ok random idea I had while reading this. Just throwing it out there.
You should sell your world building service here. I picture it like I tell you what I want, you create a sub-channel with description and the like, I pay you to buy the land. If I want to modify it I send you descriptions, you send me a bill and then modify the chan. Maybe in time you put together a map of the city with the offices you have sold or something.
As an example I am thinking your little world sounds like a nice place for a corporate retreat, relaxation for my baseliner employees and a nice quiet safe place to invite other capsuleers for high level meetings.
Why pay you for what I could just make myself? More interaction, I have enough stuff of my own to create and maybe it would give you incentive to flesh it all out more.
Again just an idea man.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2013, 17:56 »

Souchek, that sounds like a grand idea. I'd love to write up little worlds for ISK or some other...I can't do maps though! If you are interested, just convo me up.

Also, regarding interaction with Elusenia. If people want to interact with it, for charity or for ill, then there is nothing stopping you from convoing me or mailing me in-game. Being ganged up on in a public channel and being told "This is EVE, give us interaction or you're not doing it right" will not make me, or anyone, receptive to interacting with you. That is the law of human engagement, after all. I have had one person talk to me on Steam about future interaction with Elusenia, and I was naturally receptive.

The impression I got from the conversation in OOC that took place approx. 10 minutes ago at time of posting appeared that people are less interested in Elusenia itself, and more the opportunity to kick over my/Seriphyn's sandcastle, either because of IC or OOC motivations (there was a strong suggestion that the latter was the case). None of the people that complained about the lack of the ability to interact with Elusenia do not appear to actually interact with myself over the worldbuilding.

So, is this about creating meaningful RP interaction, or more being told that this is a case of "doin it rong"?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2013, 18:05 »

Given what your doing, and my own bitter and biased viewpoint, I'd honestly say it's likely from an OOC desire to ruin your stuff for the hell of it. People are assholes and we can never be allowed nice things.

I think I should state that I would love to be proven wrong in this case.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #23 on: 30 Apr 2013, 18:07 »

Ok random idea I had while reading this. Just throwing it out there.
You should sell your world building service here. I picture it like I tell you what I want, you create a sub-channel with description and the like, I pay you to buy the land. If I want to modify it I send you descriptions, you send me a bill and then modify the chan. Maybe in time you put together a map of the city with the offices you have sold or something.
As an example I am thinking your little world sounds like a nice place for a corporate retreat, relaxation for my baseliner employees and a nice quiet safe place to invite other capsuleers for high level meetings.
Why pay you for what I could just make myself? More interaction, I have enough stuff of my own to create and maybe it would give you incentive to flesh it all out more.
Again just an idea man.

I'd totally be onboard for this.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #24 on: 30 Apr 2013, 20:33 »

I am the person who Seriphyn is referring to. I was the one who suggested that it would be a good idea to introduce some conflict over Euthanasia. I was the one who clearly stated (not suggested) that I dislike the player himself OOCly and that was likely the reason my approach to the topic was highly aggressive, after being poked by the moderators politely to calm myself.

That being said, my points still stand valid, despite the obvious bias. It would be more interesting to introduce some conflict in space or on the ground over it. I also didn't say you were doing anything wrong, nor did I mean that. I said the RP would be more interesting if there was ingame PvP conflict, instead of it existing solely as a touchstone for IGS debate. That is my opinion. It doesn't mean you're doing it wrong, so don't put words in my mouth that I never said.

I did however mock your response that you only want conflict over the colony if you approve of it.

EDIT: I do realize that my aggressive attack on you in-game was out of line. I'm not going to bother trying to excuse it, but I do owe you an apology for it. My problems with you could have been handled better and in private.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2013, 20:41 by Katrina Oniseki »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 01 May 2013, 03:48 »

I did however mock your response that you only want conflict over the colony if you approve of it.

Well of course he does, that's his RP project, not yours. He is the sole GM in that case. If he had not at least a bit of control over what kind of hostile events that can occur over the project, he would soon be crawling under a ton of "/me orbital strikes Elusenia, wrecking for 298329874373 damage, that is all".

What would be assholish, though, would be to have the bad taste to just accept events that always put his characters and his project in a good light, which I assume he does not do. Knowing Seri I highly doubt that he care that much for his IC reputation.

EDIT : also, I have already been injecting controversial things in the project myself, actually taking up his IC offer on the IGS, and as much as I am not bringing direct conflict in it, maybe it could in the future. It's not because people do not talk about it that it does not actually happen.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 03:53 by Lyn Farel »

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #26 on: 01 May 2013, 06:28 »

I was the one who suggested that it would be a good idea to introduce some conflict over Euthanasia.

I see what you did there...

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #27 on: 01 May 2013, 21:17 »

I was the one who suggested that it would be a good idea to introduce some conflict over Euthanasia.

I see what you did there...
To be fair, the first time I read the name of his city, I thought this was the name.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #28 on: 02 May 2013, 16:33 »

Hey Seri. sorry dude I have not forgotten about this just mad busy with the whole CEO thing. I will try to get in touch IC sometime this weekend or next.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...
Pages: 1 [2]