Archives > Katacombs

Re: Live events return!

(1/2) > >>

Eran Mintor:
Calm the fuck down and be happy they're bringing it back. Maybe the lines aren't as fresh as your fantabulous novels but realize the roleplay is beyond the dialogue that occurs in local.

Regardless, I would actually like to participate in the EVENT and not the roleplaying afterwards...

...so some spreading of when these events occur would be nice.

I had just gotten off work early and gotten home to see that Kamela was nearly done, so unless I take off work it's impossible to make it to these events. Though I did loggin with enough time to try to make it eight jumps in Kamela and get killed half way there...only to reship on the way and get to Kourmonen and hear "Oh, it's over."

Lillith Blackheart:

--- Quote from: Eran Mintor on 12 May 2010, 19:25 ---Calm the fuck down
--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---vehement [ˈviːɪmənt]
adj
1. marked by intensity of feeling or conviction; emphatic
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---an·gry   [ang-gree]
–adjective,-gri·er, -gri·est.
feeling or showing anger or strong resentment (usually fol. by at, with, or about): to be angry at the dean; to be angry about the snub.
expressing, caused by, or characterized by anger; wrathful: angry words.
--- End code ---

Make strong note that, though the two words have similar representation (i.e. strong expression), they are vastly different things. One is conviction, one is wrath/rage/resentment.

Strong note.

--- Quote ---and be happy they're bringing it back.
--- End quote ---

...so one should just be totally happy and gleeful that someone brings back a sub-par product and accept it "just because it was brought back"?

....how about no? Yes, I'm going with no. I am rarely pleased by mediocrity.

And frankly, absolutely no one should be.

--- Quote ---Maybe the lines aren't as fresh as your fantabulous novels but realize the roleplay is beyond the dialogue that occurs in local.
--- End quote ---

Insults are unbecoming. Also amusing.

Despite this ad hominem attack and the previous straw man, you have not yet addressed any of the actual points that I've raised.

--- Quote ---Regardless, I would actually like to participate in the EVENT and not the roleplaying afterwards...
--- End quote ---

Good for you, and that is comendable. However note that the first quoted script that I had listed there was during the EVENT. Also, as the thread exists on the forums, it is fairly obvious that there are people who prefer more than just the EVENT to participate in.

--- Quote ---...so some spreading of when these events occur would be nice.
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't that make them seem contrived?

--- Quote ---I had just gotten off work early and gotten home to see that Kamela was nearly done, so unless I take off work it's impossible to make it to these events. Though I did loggin with enough time to try to make it eight jumps in Kamela and get killed half way there...only to reship on the way and get to Kourmonen and hear "Oh, it's over."
--- End quote ---

Judging by even the old AURORA event schedules, that won't always be the case. A fair assessment can be made from the old AURORA events is that they do/did their best to stagger events around so as to include people in all time zones as well as possible.

Silver Night:
[admin]Removed for attacks and responding to attacks.[/admin]

Kyoko Sakoda:

--- Quote from: Lillith Blackheart on 12 May 2010, 22:16 ---I would just like to stress that negative feedback and constructive criticism are not mutually exclusive.

--- End quote ---

They are when it's inflammatory. There's a difference between saying "I think this could be done better..." and "this is a glaring bastardization of 'proper' roleplay wtf...!"

Events have only JUST returned. Do we all seriously expect them to be perfect without hiccups?

q_q moar.  :roll:

Lillith Blackheart:

--- Quote from: Kyoko Sakoda on 13 May 2010, 10:15 ---They are when it's inflammatory. There's a difference between saying "I think this could be done better..." and "this is a glaring bastardization of 'proper' roleplay wtf...!"
--- End quote ---

Don't recall saying that. Ohhh because I didn't.

--- Quote ---Events have only JUST returned. Do we all seriously expect them to be perfect without hiccups?
--- End quote ---

Do people have as serious of a problem understanding the difference between not accepting mediocrity and not accepting anything less than perfection as this thread indicates? There's so much conflation of it and I've had to restate on numerous occasions what the difference is but people still continue to use this same tired line. Is that really the only response that can be come up with? The points can't be argued so let's fall back on the "Just because it's not perfect. . ." cliche?

Why so much willingness to accept mediocrity and not only accept it but justify it?

--- Quote ---q_q moar.  :roll:

--- End quote ---

About what I expect, yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version