Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Wolves of Pator rescued and freed 5,000 slaves as a wedding gift for Evanda Char?

Author Topic: Hello there.  (Read 3314 times)

Reiisha

• Ammatar, sort of...
  • Clonejack
Hello there.
« on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:01 »

I finally decided to come take a look here after seeing the dev blog and talking to Morwen a bit...

And i registered, obviously.

Well, i´ve been playing this game for 10 years now, roleplayed on and off, mostly off to be honest. I didn´t do much at all outside of having been in Veto for a bit, and some time before that.

On that note, when i do RP it´s as Reiisha, obviously, an Ammatar with strange and sekrit ambitions to somehow get the Ammatar to reunite with the Minmatar again (there is actually some logic in this, if somewhat inane). She´s also somewhat insane in a way, doing research on fate (very long story, inspired by Desty Nova from Gunnm) and simply being pretty annoying at times, though trying to be nice.

Being Ammatar she has grown up somewhat wonky, but despite having slaves she actually pays them wages and takes care of them where possible. So, well, slaves is a strong word possibly. She´s also got one child, though she actually hasn´t seen him in a few years now following some events that included a lot of clone hopping. Wren Phoenix is the father, whether he wanted to or not (he did actually jokingly accept it in his own merry way :) ).

So, now i want to continue somewhere and i guess this place is as good as any to get it going again.

Looking forward to mingling a bit, especially once i get home from fanfest.

Shoutouts to Morwen and Shintoko, who i´ve noticed is being a lot more active on this board than in the game. :P
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
Re: Hello there.
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:08 »

o/ what do?
Welcome.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:41 »

Welcome backstage.
-OOChé

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:45 »

Welcome, Reii!

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2013, 20:07 »

Welcome aboard! :)

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2013, 21:05 »

Welcome to Backstage! If you're looking for help fleshing out your character or simply want someone to roleplay with, look me up in-game! :) Character name: Uriel Khaden
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2013, 02:26 »

Hello and welcome.

This thread might interest you. Especially the speculative political roster:

- Imperialists (orthodox) : Doing everything they can to live like true amarrians, doing whatever they can to fully integrate the mandate into the Empire in many cases as a province rather than a separate state. Vehemently opposed to the dealings of the previous Ammatar government - proud and welcoming of current Amarrian overlordship. These Ammatar may remove or deny vestiges of their primordial tribal heritage, proudly replacing it with copies of what they view as Amarrian.  In some cases this may go to the extreme of disliking the Nefantar aristocracy - seeing it as a relic of the tribal era, however this extreme is more prevalent in the non-Nefantar, lower-ranking Ammatar.

- Determinists:

Type A: Those who view the role of Ammatar mandate as a friend/ally of rather than a servant of the Amarr empire (e.g. not just a happy satellite).  Still quite pro-Amarr, they are happy to praise and look up to the Amarr as their 'big brother'.  These would prefer not to be ruled directly by Amarr, but would accept the current status quo as a necessity considering the circumstances under which it was instituted, and would probably be disaffected by the treachery of the previous government.

Type B: More extreme; those who believe that the Ammatar Mandate is worthy of being entirely independent of the Amarr empire.  They do not necessarily believe that the good relations should be changed, but are willing to sacrifice them for independence.  They prefer to take pride in their culture (including borrowings from the Amarr) as Ammatar, rather than an attempted copy of the Amarr.  They may be ambivalent to the behaviour of the previous government and see it as part in parcel of independent realpolitik.

- Tradionalists (conservatives) :

Type A: Happy with the old Nefantar situation, they would strive for their old prominence and supremacy, with the Amarrian favors. Wrapt in irredentist fervous, they may be in favor of bolder strikes against the Minmatar Republic because of their visions centered on the past.  Mostly wealthy Ammatars with very aristocratic lineage.

Type B: Like Type A, except not aristocratic and more pro-imperial.

- Unionists (liberals) :

Type A: Not to be confused with the khanid unionists that wants the Kingdom to rejoin the Empire, the ammatar Unionists could be the ones tired of the war, looking for a reconciliation of the minmatars and the amarr (between their old origins and their new origins). Obviously, a quite minor group, with views firstly centered on cultural openness before than any real peace. 

Type B: Like above, but focussed on reconciliation between Ammatar and Minmatar rather than Amarr and Minmatar. Willing to disconnect from Amarr influence. Likely to have been the biggest contributor to defectors during the upheaval.

- The Opportunists

These shrewd, cunning Ammatar may affiliate with and originate from any of the above groups, but this is a facade.  The main motivator is self interest.  There is nothing stopping them from using any of the political angles of the above for their own gain in an opportunistic manner.  Not to be trusted, and difficult to tell apart from other groups.  Some may have joined this group after the Ammatar order turned on its head, where the mandate seemed to be caught between a rock and a hard place.  Others may be part of this group because...they're just rotten people    They may deal with Minmatar, pirates, or any other smelly groups of people whilst paying lip service to the Amarr.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2013, 00:04 »

You seem familiar. I think I saw you years ago in the RP community.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 28 Apr 2013, 06:14 »

I don't think we ever interacted much, but I definitely recognize your name. Welcome. :)
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #9 on: 28 Apr 2013, 06:21 »

So, are you the person that runs The History of Eve website?

Reiisha

• Ammatar, sort of...
  • Clonejack
« Reply #10 on: 28 Apr 2013, 07:47 »

Hello and welcome.

This thread might interest you. Especially the speculative political roster:

That does look interesting, thanks for the pointer.

So, are you the person that runs The History of Eve website?

eve-history.net yes, though i've dropped it for the forseeable future. I needed a rethink and a rekindling of my motivation to do stuff about it :)

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #11 on: 28 Apr 2013, 08:02 »

Cool cool. I know how it is. Still, it has some good content buried and a real sexy layout/design. I stumbled across it a while back when I was a youngin looking for infos. You should at least go through it and copy/paste some to the True Stories thing or something.

Eva

• Queen of Roleplay
  • Wetgraver
    • A Mote in God's Eye
« Reply #12 on: 29 Apr 2013, 03:50 »

Reiisha! *\o/*

Fake edit: OMG I can use this emote again and I won't have to explain that it's not a confused anus! Yay!

Reiisha

• Ammatar, sort of...
  • Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 01 May 2013, 14:08 »

Cool cool. I know how it is. Still, it has some good content buried and a real sexy layout/design. I stumbled across it a while back when I was a youngin looking for infos. You should at least go through it and copy/paste some to the True Stories thing or something.

It's just a standard mediawiki layout ;p