Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The voice of the AI on capsuleer ships was recorded by Excena Foer? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blood Raider Covenant rituals  (Read 3892 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
Blood Raider Covenant rituals
« on: 21 Apr 2013, 01:35 »

In Amarr missions, it is frequently mentioned about how Blood Raiders are doing "blasphemous rituals" and other such things in their structures (which you are sent to destroy).

Rationale for knowing these things would include:
High standing with the Blood Raider Covenant
Extensive experience of archaeological/hacking exploration sites
Knowledge of the mission "Ritualist Raids"

Discussing them openly should attract frowning from Imperial Loyalists.

[spoiler]Here are three rituals, as described to Synthia by the Blood Raider Covenant captain Asias Urazmie.

the Ritual of Supplication

In this ritual, a group of Blood Raiders give up their blood to their betters. It is often used when a captain takes command of a ship, or someone is given a fresh group of slaves which are not intended for the blood farms, or a new blood bishop is appointed. The inferiors open a vein and drain a bit of their blood into a vessel, which their superior then consumes. In some large rituals, this forms a chain. For instance, my inferior captains took blood from their crews, I then took from the captains, and in turn gave to Lord Sarikusa.

the Ritual of Domination

As the name implies, this ritual takes place when the Raiders capture a particularly important individual, such as a capsuleer or an important Holder. All those involved in the capture of the individual drain a bit of his blood, proportionate to their rank. For instance, when I was a simple low-ranking captain, when my crew captured a Holder, my men would each get a single droplet of blood (at which point the Holder would be mostly dead). I would then take the rest of his blood until his shriveled husk was no more.

the Ritual of Dessication

This is a rather brutal ritual, often perpetrated against those who are unworthy. It is much like you saw in the church that night; we hook the individual to a machine which drains them of blood and offer it to any who would drink. This is often how our youngest and most raw receive their first blood, as those of rank such as I rarely dirty ourselves with such inferior blood. Of course, the man I brought before you that night was not so low. I did not wish to insult, after all.[/spoiler]
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Blood Raider Covenant rituals
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2013, 14:22 »

You people and your machines :P

The old ways are best.  Sanctified blades wielded by the faithful.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2013, 12:44 »

Without disagreeing entirely (Aria, too, has a thing for antique knives, albeit for different purposes)....

The Amarr (and, by extension, the Sani) have been a spacefaring culture for so long that it's difficult for us to process. It's not difficult to imagine the Blood Raiders having access to Sani ritual exsanguination devices over a thousand years old.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2013, 13:09 »

Without disagreeing entirely (Aria, too, has a thing for antique knives, albeit for different purposes)....

The Amarr (and, by extension, the Sani) have been a spacefaring culture for so long that it's difficult for us to process. It's not difficult to imagine the Blood Raiders having access to Sani ritual exsanguination devices over a thousand years old.

I'm channeling some WH40k here, but I do think the Amarr and Covenant would both have holy machines. If not for religious than practical reasons, perhaps for larger scale activities.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2013, 13:45 »

Isn't there some kind of machine in that chronicle "houses of the holy" ?

and yeah, Amarr have had interstellar space travel for over two thousand years.
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2013, 15:39 »

Machine or not behind, there sure were a lot of hooks with people hanging and bleeding to death in that blooder cargohold in that chronicle on isogen V and the Jamyl superabaddon; iirc.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2013, 16:54 »

I did some Sani Sabik RP (and wrote a story about a Gehi-based Sani Sabik cult) that did use ritual knives exclusively. Their rituals are ecstatic (in the religious sense), involve a fairly heavy use of enteogens, and were closed to outsiders. I created them partially because of the original Blood Raider chron, which described the Blood Raiders as the most extreme of a very wide-ranging family of cults.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2013, 19:58 »

You are all quite right, I had a poor choice of words.  The raiders and associate bleeders have likely been using machines for their holy work for millenia.

I meant to express a character preference for the 'personal touch' one can only give by hand.

:twisted:

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2013, 21:02 »

Seriously. If someone were going to bleed me, I'd much prefer a hand job to them using a machine.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2013, 21:05 »

Re-reading my post I did not realize how ridiculously sexual that sounded.   :ugh:

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 23 Apr 2013, 02:12 »

Most likely the original and the most holy Sani Sabik bleeding machines are repurposed Takmahl biotech.

Besides, to get the real Blood Raider chic, with blood running down the walls, you do need several thousands of liters of blood daily just for the decor, doing all that manually would be terribly inefficient.

Especially since the leader of the cult is a Caldari.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2013, 02:42 »

Seriously. If someone were going to bleed me, I'd much prefer a hand job to them using a machine.

:eek:

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #12 on: 27 Apr 2013, 11:18 »

Isn't there some kind of machine in that chronicle "houses of the holy" ?

Yes. Some weird blood draining machine, lots of tubes.

Most likely the original and the most holy Sani Sabik bleeding machines are repurposed Takmahl biotech.
The Takmahl were sani sabik, though with rediscovery of the Takmahl ruins and artifacts by other sani sabik, it's possible that Takmahl machines are being used for purposes that the Takmahl didn't use them for, but that modern Sani sabik think the Takmahl used them for.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #13 on: 29 Apr 2013, 19:33 »

Re-reading my post I did not realize how ridiculously sexual that sounded.   :ugh:

Welcome to one of the interest-hooks in "space-vampire"-esque RP. There are reasons I sometimes fail to take Blood Raider RP in any way seriously.

There has not been any OOC/IC bleed-overs yet though, so all is well, thus far.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 29 Apr 2013, 20:51 »

Welcome to one of the interest-hooks in "space-vampire"-esque RP. There are reasons I sometimes fail to take Blood Raider RP in any way seriously.

There has not been any OOC/IC bleed-overs yet though, so all is well, thus far.

Am well aware of the common Anne Rice Sabik approach that thankfully is not commonplace anymore.

Pages: [1] 2