Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That, even on non-capsuleer vessels, ship command sections are designed to be sheared off and function as an escape capsule? (The Burning Life p. 85)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to the game!  (Read 2467 times)

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
Re: New to the game!
« Reply #15 on: 23 Apr 2013, 08:44 »

I dunno, it really seems like any other PVP to me. Someone calls you out on your missions. You make your excuses and note their name. If you see them in local while you're running your missions again, that should tell you something.

Same time, it really doesn't take long to work up to level 4s. If you care about ICly supporting the Minmarats, convince your friend to come with you and work up standings with the Sebiestor Tribe or something. You can cast it as "we have to work on our opposing standings so they won't shoot us in Minmarat space"...........

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 23 Apr 2013, 08:48 »

Aplier Shivra,

First, welcome!

Second, don't listen to all these naysayers.  You do whatever you want, and you have fun doing it. 

It might be an easier strategy to find what you and your friend are comfortable doing, and then investigate what RP can stem from that that causes you the least amount of issues.

Don't forget capsuleers are fickle, and change loyalties all the time. And lie, and cheat, and steal.

If someone gives you shit for 'i saw you running a mission for so and so' then you can just as easily tell them to go to hell and mind their own business IC. It's your word against there's in the court of public opinion, and to be honest a lot of other people aren't going to be -that- interested in that kind of thing.

Standings and missions are an awful thing to base your RP around.  I'm about -10 with CONCORD and kill people in Khanid region every day for years, and yet RKN still wants to give me level 5 missions and save the Kingdom. 

Moral of the story, don't sweat the small stuff, have fun with your friend, and as you two get more comfortable with what you want to do, start steering your in game activities in those directions. 

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #17 on: 29 Apr 2013, 10:34 »

Aplier Shivra

• Clonejack
« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2013, 00:19 »

What's this?!? A post from Vincent Pryce that's not 100% hate?

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2013, 04:10 »

In reply to Norrin, standings aren't generally public any longer, but they're accessible to your corp directors. I expect them to be part of a licence check (API check) when you try to get into particular types of corps (mostly those in faction war or with high-sec towers).

Eva

• Queen of Roleplay
  • Wetgraver
    • A Mote in God's Eye
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2013, 20:10 »

In some styles of roleplay, it's pretty common for actions outside designated scenes to be considered OOC. In Eve, however, what you do in game is what you do in game, whether you are a roleplayer or not - it's too hardline political and cutthroat for there to be any "Treaties of Handwaving" and those roleplaying mix freely and receive information from those not roleplaying.

So my suggestion would be not to do anything in game that your character wouldn't do - but you can find all manner of plausible reasons for doing stuff.

Just be braced for criticism and perhaps even wardecs whatever you do. At first, I certainly found it hard dealing with all the shouting at I received, but remember that they are roleplaying too. Just because your point is actually a good one doesn't mean you won't get menaced, mocked, flamed etc... because some of the other roleplayers will be your bad guys and become your enemies along the way.

When that happens, treat them like a gift. Everyone always wants to be the hero, so when someone comes along who is totally willing to knock down your orphanage, embrace them and revel in it. And then you'll be fine :D

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #21 on: 04 May 2013, 21:24 »

Hey bud, welcome to EVE, to RP and to Backstage!
Not sure what kind of RP your looking for (maybe you don't either lol) but may I recommend finding a lite RP corp. That way it probably wont be hard for you and your friend to stay together. Lots of corps out there, just ask around in OOC or poke around up here. Fly safe.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...
Pages: 1 [2]