Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mordu's Legion was formed of Intakis exiled from the Federation for their support for the Caldari? For more read here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: For the record...  (Read 4083 times)

Vikarion

Re: For the record...
« Reply #15 on: 21 Apr 2013, 00:39 »

Silver,

A slippery slope argument, or a claim that I was holding such things to be equal, could not be derived from my post by a reading in good faith. Nonetheless, I'll blank it, since you find it offensive enough to make such a claim about my argument.

To put it more concretely, when someone makes the argument of "we don't treat types W, X, and Z (some of which are possibly worse, and some possibly 'better' than type Y) in such a way, so why should we treat type Y differently?", the appropriate response is not to come back with "you must think type Y isn't very bad!".

That's both a personal attack, and a bullshit move.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2013, 00:48 by Vikarion »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #16 on: 21 Apr 2013, 01:07 »

[mod]
    • I did make a good faith effort to read your post. You can see my response on the previous page. I'm sorry that you for some reason think that I read and responded in bad faith, I assure you that I did not.
    • The first line is almost the textbook example of a slippery slope argument. 'If we accept this thing, then we must also accept all these other things'.
    • I didn't say you said that rape wasn't very bad. I said that you decided to compare it to grand larceny - which is the bulk of your post, in support of your 'slippery slope' argument - and I said that was offensive and trolling, which it is.
    • A passive aggressive non-apology followed by an attempt to continue arguing the point is not the way to not get moderated. Please stop.
    • Pointing out when people are doing something that will get them moderated is my job. It is not a personal attack. If I read your post in a way that you didn't intend, I apologize. I don't see a different way to read it, though.
    • Anything further on this topic will be catacombed. I realize that probably seems unfair. I apologize for that as well. I'd rather not derail the thread further than this, though. And as I said, the problem is that your initial post is inappropriate for these boards. There are many other parts of the internet for that sort of thing.
    [/list][/mod]

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
    • Pod Captain
    • I bring nothing to the table.
    « Reply #17 on: 21 Apr 2013, 01:56 »

Silver,

Viks post is actually valid here (slippery slope or not). I've had a traumatic experienve involving theft as well when I was a 6 year old turn key kid coming home from school to find my house broken into and one of the guys still there. Luckily he just ran out the back door when I opened the front, but I understand what he's trying to say. Sometimes I still get weird feeling when people talk about theft in a way that is close to what i experienced, but that was 26 years ago and for the most part I'm over it.

This thread has been derailed from the get go IMO, but that's my fault since I just meant to make a statement to the mods and community since the thread that prompted said statement was locked already. In retro I should have reported my own post and asked that it be locked since I wasn't actually trying to make this a discussion about rape just giving my side of why I have the sig I do.

If you could, please lock the thread and if you and the mods feel it necessary to discuss my sig and make a ruling just pm me if you want me to get rid of it. I don't see anything wrong with it, but that said I'm not a completely heartless bastard, so if enough people have reason to complain/whine about it to you then I'll get rid of it. Till then it stays.
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
    Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
    • The Mods
    • Veteran
    • True Power without limit!
    « Reply #18 on: 21 Apr 2013, 02:14 »

[mod]I'll have this thread locked per the operator's request, and as it has potential to get off the rails (if isn't already). I'll leave it to a fresh perspective tomorrow about further actions, if any.[/mod]
    Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
    Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
    Ghost > Wait what?
    Ashar > Ghosts husband.
    Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
    We Form Moderation
    For Nation
    Pages: 1 [2]