Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Heaven' constellation in Curse is the former location of the Third Jove Empire and the current headquarters of the vast Angel Cartel?

Author Topic: Re: YDIW disguised moderation ?  (Read 708 times)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
Re: YDIW disguised moderation ?
« on: 16 Apr 2013, 00:36 »

As far as I can tell the moderated post was a response to my suggestion that, in order to explain the character's ignorance about Minmatar culture, Adreena have an ex-slave or diaspora origin. No idea why that provoked such a fine display of frothing. I don't recall saying anything about being an abused ex-slave.

Of course there's the whole debate about "does slavery constitute abuse in an of itself?" But that's been done quite a bit elsewhere.

I was just trying to expand on that, no negativity was intended.  :| I'm basing my argument of "try something not cliche OMG raped slave" on several ooc talks with mini rp'ers who told me that, in hindsight, they'd rather not have chosen such a problematic background...

Regarding the frothing "YDIW" moderation:

Edit: Just saw this and could not pass up the chance to reply :D

Ok, I see your point, even if it's quite... looking for it imo. Thanks for the answer.

You are free to disagree.

Why adding that bit ? It's just the polite form of

"This is why we did this and stfu if you disagree"

It's annoying (and not very respectful), especially since I don't even disagree.

I would imagine it was added to let you know you are allowed to disagree.

Yep, nobody is mad with power here, please move along citizen, there is nothing to see!
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2013, 00:46 by Laerise [PIE] »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: YDIW disguised moderation ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2013, 08:17 »

[mod]Personal attacks. If that was the point you wanted to make, you should ask yourself why you did not word it that way the first time around, which would have been acceptable.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.