Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Uprising....  (Read 7221 times)

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
Uprising....
« on: 12 Apr 2013, 14:37 »

So.

The two most recent newsworthy events...

1) Gallente - Matari alliance strained by shooting.
2) Caldari - Amarr alliance strained by contract based stuffs.

Does it look to anyone else that CCP are considering opening up another two CEMWPA arenas?

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
Re: Uprising....
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2013, 14:46 »

I sure hope so!

*giggles*

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2013, 14:47 »

I hope not. It's nicer to have two alliances rather than four independent factions.

And Sami's been supportive of the Empire-State alliance. :(

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2013, 14:58 »

It's good if the universe evolves. Makes things less stale.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2013, 15:13 »

Or, instead of 4 warzones, they make it so it's just caldari vs gallente and amarr vs minmatar.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2013, 15:33 »

Thought 1:

Eve politics could use a shakeup that doesn't involve just applying more heat.

Thought 2:

If this results in war, there will be four theaters:

(a) the Two Theaters of Major Issues and Grand Themes, wherein great powers spar over the deepest and most enduring of philosophical questions; and

(b) the Two Theaters of Vicious Bickering and Petty Shit, wherein silly people kill each other over contractual disputes, proper care and feeding of cultural heroes, and who gets to put a terrorist on a show trial.

It seems a little unlikely that the latter will actually come into being.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2013, 15:35 by Aria Jenneth »

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2013, 16:55 »

What is CEMWPA?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2013, 17:14 »

It would kinda suck for FWers to be forced into smaller areas of lowsec by them making the alliances irrelevant.  I have an FW alt in Minmatar FW and had a blast over in Gallente/Caldari space today while the Amarrians blobbed around in 30 man fleets.  Not being able to do that would suck, not to mention disincentivize me from playing my FW alt and thus from subbing my FW alt.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #8 on: 12 Apr 2013, 17:53 »

And it would, for entirely idiotic reasons slap everyone with the thickest, nailed moron-bat in order to achieve the 4-way war.

Who the fuck will be happy if CCP basically says "The empires are all morons who would start another war among old and tried allies over trivial issues and get millions to billions more killed and fuck-up the power-balance for the hell of it." ?

Well, all the pirate factions will be laughing themselves silly while plotting raids and other fun shit while they can.

Honestly I'd rather see an end to intra-faction wars and have 4 individual wars to expand Empire controlled areas and make for huge land-wars against true enemies - Federation invades Fountain/Serpentis, Empire fights blooders in some other region, State decks Guristas and sets their eyes on the north, etc. Empire-loyal players will be enrolled to help in this in return for fat rewards, null-powers can and will sign up for the pirate factions to help them and preserve their null-zones for various reasons, including fat rewards, etc. etc.

Make the wars about something more likely and meaningful, and perhaps nerf high/low-sec mission as a consequence to this giving players incentives to go help in the war-effort etc. It could be freaking great, if done right and balanced, or maybe not if pulled off half-assedly.

Just don't freaking continue to act like the leadership of supposed interstellar super-powers are all idiots who would risk their own asses over petty, trivial reasons, please...

Vikarion

« Reply #9 on: 12 Apr 2013, 18:03 »

I'd like to see the alliances changed. Caldari-Matar and Amarr-Gallente. That would even out the distribution of players on each side, remove the good side/evil side paradigm, and make more sense from a training viewpoint (hey, you use shields? I use shields too!). It would also be more fun, after all this time - how does a liberal democracy handle teaming up with a monarchic theocracy? How do a State of corporations handle working with a Tribal society?

This would be a shake-up that would actually be interesting, and force everyone to make some interesting choices. Including me, with my roughly 10.00 Empire standings.  :P

But, I don't think it will happen.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #10 on: 12 Apr 2013, 18:21 »

I'm with Vik, I'd like to see the traditional alliance dynamic changed.

If not Amarr-Gallente vs Caldari-Minmatar then surely Gallente-Caldari vs Amarr- oh yeah that would never happen.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 12 Apr 2013, 18:45 »

What is CEMWPA?

Factional warfare...

it's got a wierd concord name... might have got it wrong before but it's something like
'CONCORD Emergency Militia War Powers Act' .... i honestly can't be bothered to look it up... but yeah... it's FW.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 12 Apr 2013, 19:08 »

Segregating the warzone into two separate conflicts would be terrible for gameplay balancing.

One of the cheapest ways of preventing steamrolling in systems like this, where people have an incentive to join the winning side, is to have at least three factions - allowing two factions to team up against one. At present, the system still isn't self-balancing, but at least it's possible to call for help from your friendly militia.

Making it a free-for-all would probably help the FW system self-balance, as would introducing pirates or independent factions as a third/fifth party.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #13 on: 12 Apr 2013, 20:22 »

Or, instead of 4 warzones, they make it so it's just caldari vs gallente and amarr vs minmatar.

Have to say, this would be ideal to me. Perhaps with just ties, but not outright alliance, between Gallente/Minmatar and Amarr/Caldari.

If that doesn't happen, I hope it does devolve into 4 factions being separate.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 12 Apr 2013, 20:27 »

I'd like to see the alliances changed. Caldari-Matar and Amarr-Gallente. That would even out the distribution of players on each side, remove the good side/evil side paradigm, and make more sense from a training viewpoint (hey, you use shields? I use shields too!). It would also be more fun, after all this time - how does a liberal democracy handle teaming up with a monarchic theocracy? How do a State of corporations handle working with a Tribal society?

This would be a shake-up that would actually be interesting, and force everyone to make some interesting choices. Including me, with my roughly 10.00 Empire standings.  :P

But, I don't think it will happen.

From a strictly personal view, and for reasons I won't go too deeply into, I would very much like to see this happen.

It would take a truly inspired storyline to make sense of it in light of the history and traditional politics of New Eden, though. In addition, there would be a huge disparity in regard to freedom of movement for pilots of the two sides. If I don't fail my math, one bloc would, by default, control 16 regions (including Khanid and Derelik), the other only 7. I'm not sure that is unproblematic.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4