Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Terrorist attack at Gallente-Minmatar cultural festival leaves dozens dead...  (Read 7979 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

It proves that this tribal mumbo-jumbo was just that from the start: Mumbo jumbo. Through that Midular did a great service to the Matari people, proving that her voluval was indeed predicting her great destiny... wait...

Möbius logic is Möbius. :lol:

I'm kinda with Lyn and Kyoko here though. Poor Karin's had enough PF beatings as it is. :(
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Iwan Terpalen

Of course, there was that thing some years back where the U.S. was apparently drawing up plans for forcibly rescuing accused American war criminals from the International Criminal Court.
It's not just a plan, it's the law; the American Service-Members' Protection Act, nicknamed the "The Hague Invasion Act."

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

I tell you, both Alliances - the Gallente/Minmatar one as well as the Caldari/Amarr one - will be Dust soon. I think this is part of the de-TonyG-ification.

P.S.: I agree with the Karin Midular thing. If I'm right, I loathe the story team for using her in this. Also, I can't say I'm particularly happy with what I predict in general, either.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2013, 13:33 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Vikarion

I tell you, both Alliances - the Gallente/Minmatar one as well as the Caldari/Amarr one - will be Dust soon. I think this is part of the de-TonyG-ification.

That would be awesome. I don't believe in it, but it would be awesome.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

I think the need for reason Karin Midular was used is that it's a recognizable face in Minmatar politics. CCP wanted to raise our emotional hackles with this event, the way people got worked up about Caldari Prime. Unfortunately, there are really 2 instantly recognizable names in Minmatar politics - Midular, and Shakor. Offing a head of state, especially one who had just significantly reformed his government, is a MAJOR move. I'm not sure CCP wanted to decapitate the entire tribal-Republic government right now.

Unfortunately, that just leaves Midular. And while it is sad to see her used like this, I have to think she was the only immediately available option.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

OBVIOUSLY she will return as the heart of the swarm.

Ollie

• Egger

Out of interest, does anyone know which of the RSS divisions - as defined in http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Republic_Security_Services_(NPC_corporation) - the NPC(s) driving this from the Republic side arise from or have served with?

The reason for asking goes towards theorycrafting of course. The Republic is somewhat unique amongst empires in that instead of having separate corps for naval military, intelligence and internal security branches it combines them all into the RSS. The corp's own description alludes to them being an empire navy, intelligence service and secret police all rolled into one.

In addition, the wiki page suggests a slight majority control of the RSS by the Krusual tribe and minority stakes from both the Sebbies and Brutors. However, I'm not sure about either relevance or current accuracy of these figures given recent events.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette

The Republic Fleet is the empire navy, not the RSS. Or have I missed something crucial?

The linked article shows as empty, by the way.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain

The autolinking is broken when link ends in a ).

And yes, RSS is not the navy, they are the Minmatar three-letter agency. (Compare to FIO, MIO and, err, CPF? Caldari are a bit more de-centralized.) Why they are allowed to keep stations all over the place escapes me, though.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile

OBVIOUSLY she will return as the heart of the swarm.

Well if the Jove put themselves out to rescue Shakor maybe they'll do the same thing for his counterpart? Assuming they are still around that is.

The autolinking is broken when link ends in a ).

And yes, RSS is not the navy, they are the Minmatar three-letter agency. (Compare to FIO, MIO and, err, CPF? Caldari are a bit more de-centralized.) Why they are allowed to keep stations all over the place escapes me, though.

Why are they allowed to put stations all over the place? Maybe they are very, very good at digging up enough dirt to persuade people to authorise it?

It has to be said having RSS stations in all the core nations makes the event a tad daft. Why not just send a delegation from the Fed office who are already pre-cleared to be there and not look so idiotic?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

CCP Derp or a calculated bluster-move on the RSS's side, perhaps? Emotions run high and you don't always think clearly on what you do. For all we know the RSS officer who decided to make a move over the border got the idea, forgot there were far more convenient ways, and then spent all his time organizing the op?

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

So, CCP Derp or RSS Derp?  :lol:

I thought people in institutions like the RSS are paid to keep cool when emotions run high...

Ollie

• Egger

The Republic Fleet is the empire navy, not the RSS. Or have I missed something crucial?

Fair enough, but that sharpens the main point I was making doesn't it? Why is the Republic intelligence service involved, rather than their navy/police? What I'm driving at is that one of the theories it generates is that the would-be assassin could be working for one of the tribal factions within the Republic. Another is that the suspect is connected to the first-gen clones. Etc, etc.

If either of those are the case, I'm okay with seeing Karin Midular caught up in it as - given the recent chronicle she appeared in and events within the Republic - it becomes more relevant to the background setting.

Lyn Farel

I am mostly okay with Midular coming back on the spotlight. Passed the initial reaction I mostly think my annoyance is mostly caused by TonyG stuff, and also the fear to see her ending up like some kind of martyr after having failed at almost... everything.

I think that is actually a good opportunity for her (if she survives) to wash out all the crappy things that severely stain her character and reveal her as what she was supposed to be at the beginning.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

I think that is actually a good opportunity for her (if she survives) to wash out all the crappy things that severely stain her character and reveal her as what she was supposed to be at the beginning.

If that's what they want; yes.

I would very much like to see this character develop and become the "second man" of the Republic, much like Blaque has that kind of influence in the Federation. In different ways, of course.

Not to mention that if she survives regardless of billion-to-one odds, she will be quite more revered than previously. Her survival would be its own kind of miracle. Suddenly she becomes an even greater opinion leader and a nearly untouchable political demigod in such a situation. Her followers aren't all fools, but they'll likely think of it as a sign.
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2013, 12:47 by Kyoko Sakoda »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6