Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That capsuleers frequently communicate by means of dataprojectors? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [BLOG] Crux Meander  (Read 11014 times)

Vieve

Re: [BLOG] Crux Meander
« Reply #30 on: 12 Nov 2010, 13:15 »

And next up in the Soap Opera with Blasters, is The Next Time Down, the follow-up to the second section of Aftermath and all of Collateral Damage.

I wrote this while being loopy on migraine meds. Can you spot all of the other source material I riffed from?

[spoiler]
a) Methods of Torture: The Caldari
b) Methods of Torture: Gallente
c) The Paths They Chose
d) Babylon 5,"Intersections in Real Time" and "Between the Darkness and The Light"
e) Gladiator's wheatfield death threshold dreams.
f) Pretty much the entirety of A Beautiful Mind

And does Lieutenant Commander Roland Fauconnier look like a bookish Russell Crowe who's been strung out on drugs, had his brain barbecued by torture devices, and had the shit kicked out of him for four months by President Clarke's ex-President Foiritan's dark minions? Possibly.
[/spoiler]

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #31 on: 12 Nov 2010, 16:59 »

'If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!'

Great film, great post :)
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Vieve

« Reply #32 on: 19 Nov 2010, 14:46 »

Happy Friday, everybody.

The next episode's up.

The Next Time Around is not only the follow-up to The Next Time Down, but it's also what can happen if someone reads one of my standard character infodumps and says 'I think I need more information'.

So, don't be as persistent as Marcus Gord.  Your Information Officers will thank you.  So will all their hapless minions.

[spoiler]West Wing fans: If the dialogue in this piece reads like some messed up version of chats that Josh and Toby or Josh and Amy could have, blame it on my currently watching my way through the series box set.[/spoiler]

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #33 on: 19 Nov 2010, 15:49 »

So, don't be as persistent as Marcus Gord.  Your Information Officers will thank you.  So will all their hapless minions.

Confirming this.
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2010, 19:44 by Z.Sinraali »
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #34 on: 19 Nov 2010, 18:07 »

What can I say? I'm thorough :)
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #35 on: 25 Nov 2010, 17:17 »

I have not seen Celeste around!

Bring her around so I can whore back into your blogs for endless attention!

Yes!

Vieve

« Reply #36 on: 25 Nov 2010, 19:15 »

I have not seen Celeste around!

Bring her around so I can whore back into your blogs for endless attention!

Yes!

Been a bit busy lately.  It's fairly safe to say that this is going to continue for a while: I just started a consultancy gig that requires me to venture from the comfort of my fabulous home office.

But, hey, it's not like Celeste'd be turning up on the Summit or Heiian anyway.

Vieve

« Reply #37 on: 09 Dec 2010, 19:28 »

So, yeah, Vieve's still rattling around in the cluster, trying her best to stay out of history's way.

Unfortunately, she still has a mother to worry about, and occasionally has her dinner interrupted by people who think she should be worrying about other things.

112.11.28, Caldari Border Zone, The Citadel

Faurent

Vieve

« Reply #38 on: 26 Jan 2011, 12:16 »

I've made some changes and additions to the Cast of Characters page.  As I've said before, if your character's listed and doesn't have an entry (or if you think your character should be here and have an entry), please let me know!

I've discovered the joy that is the jump/cut tag.  Soon, one will suffer 28% less optical duress when scrolling through the blog.*

Speaking of optical duress, the latest entry - Correction Protocol -- is up. My thanks go out to Vincent Pryce for his extraordinary patience and Degen Sankriga for his unwitting assistance**. I'll also mention (mostly for Seri's benefit) that there's a hideous amount of infodump in this entry: it contains bigger chunks of the Mies-system-writeup-from-hell that I'll probably never finish, as well as bits about makeup, fashion design, floral arrangements, good Khanid leather, and why one should never give a lot of money to a Mannar design firm.

*All other stated Disclaimers are still in effect. Use of Visine recommended.
**Odixie was a perfect choice.  Thank you.  Check your ingame wallet for the fifteen points I mentioned.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2011, 13:38 by Vieve »

Vieve

« Reply #39 on: 28 Jan 2011, 19:55 »

So, I got inspired.  Blame Seriphyn.

Fortunately, it's short. :)

Trosquesere

Vieve

« Reply #40 on: 14 Feb 2011, 05:04 »

Escape Velocity was a multi-episode/multi-author serial that played out  in September - October 2008, and was posted on the Omerta Syndicate forum at points after that. The serial's 'success' was part of what inspired me to create an EvE fiction blog instead of scattering random stories across forums and inboxes -- thus concentrating them into one easily avoidable location. :)

I've just moved a copy of my solo/co-authored Escape Velocity contributions to Crux Meander.  Why?  Officially, because they help tie the very early stuff to the more contemporary crap.  Unofficially, because the busywork makes me feel less like I'm procrastinating (which I am, and not just on stuff I do for fun).

Oh, FYI, I did add some annotation to some of these, so they're not wholly like the original versions.  Honest.

Vieve

« Reply #41 on: 20 Mar 2011, 06:08 »

Hey.  Finally got around to posting the next entry in "The Next Time..." sequence.

The Next Time Between, where Angels and devils do battle for the body and soul (what's left of it) of this guy:

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #42 on: 21 Mar 2011, 22:24 »

Are his eyes crazy like that all the time?

Vieve

« Reply #43 on: 22 Mar 2011, 01:28 »

Are his eyes crazy like that all the time?

They are a bit like Brad Pitt's Twelve Monkeys character, aren't they?  But, no.  They're not.  At least they weren't...

Okay, you might be right.  They could be crazy like that all the time now.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #44 on: 12 Jun 2011, 14:34 »

Oh, hey, updates.

"Small Talk" is a peek at some of the stuff Celeste's been up to since she took an unannounced vacation from PRELI.  Well, at least the stuff that actually looks like it could happen on a vacation taken by a normal grandmother.  Call it a vacation from her vacation.
"Disconnect". Vieve has a face-to-face in the flesh meeting with an old friend.  Things don't go quite like he might have planned.  I think I've seen this movie before.
"Reconnect". Sab ... er, Bette forwards her CV to someone who might be interested in hiring her.
"Borrowed Lives".  The latest is a followup to "Correction Protocol" and a side note to "Piling On, Part Two".

For even more information you probably don't want, there are now entries for Devon and Lalunina Hargrenier (and a few ... okay, maybe a dozen ... other folks) on the Cast of Characters page. Yes, Ze'ev, I added more to the character page since you wasted forty-five minutes of your life reading through it.  Cookie?

I also revised the other pages somewhat.  I had a recent request for a "The Story Thus Far..." page, but I'm not sure it'll help anybody understand what's going on.  Opinions?
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2011, 14:41 by Vieve »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5