Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the expansion name "Incarna" was Stitcher's winning entry in an E-ON magazine competition?

Author Topic: Re: Mission Statement  (Read 2349 times)

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: Mission Statement
« on: 16 Apr 2010, 18:47 »

What is Backstage@EVE-Inspiracy.com?

Backstage is a place for EVE players to discuss aspects of EVE-Online, particularly as they pertain to role-playing, in an open and mature environment.  Old and new, pirate and bear - all are welcome!

Our intention is to offer a culture that encourages discussion over argument and mutual respect over enmity through the use of clear moderation guidelines along with explanations of what is considered acceptable and unacceptable; meaningful discussion is to be valued above theatrics and hyperbolic argument in pursuit of 'winning' threads..  The main idea here is that while IC people might be enemies, the forum is OOC and as such people should act like adults discussing their mutual hobby.

Sooo, can we discuss this mission statement in this thread, or are you gonna lock this topic and split all commentary elsewhere? 'Cause I have input (like, capitalizing 'role-playing' is for Immersionaut Fascists), but this is one of them threads that oughta be kept clean and tidy IMO.

Suggestion is to split it out after some discussion and have a link to the split-out thread in the first poast, which is then locked.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2010, 15:56 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2010, 18:53 »

While the Role-Playing capitalization thing seems like kind of a nit-pick, I do think the phrase Immersionaut Fascists is pretty funny.

Anyway yeah, input's always welcome :)

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2010, 18:58 »

While I'm not a fascist, I have long suspected my shift keys of totalitarian leanings.

In general, though, saying 'such and such is for fascists' is one of the kinda things this board was created to discourage. It may not be as funny, but it also prevents people from pulling shit under the cover of being funny (which is less funny). People don't all share the level of E-Love you and I do, Ashar.

Edit: Also unstickied, since it is a discussion thread.

Edit2: I have no objection to removing the capitalization, though.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2010, 19:01 by Silver Night »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2010, 19:03 »

Oops!  Didn't mean to sticky this one  :oops:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2010, 19:14 »

God-damn it, Hav-o, what've you done? What have your careless hands wrought!?

Anyway, yeah, I was mostly angling for a lockin' and tydin' of the core threads because, you know, I'm sick of reading a thread which purports to clearly outline policy but cannot do so succinctly or keep itself short.

SO YEAH. Gonna quote the mission statement in my first poast up there for reference, and then we'll be open for input.

And Silver, you're my bromosexual, but the word 'fascist' refers to a governmental structure that you statie tube-childs adore, what with those national corporations being the main avenues for governmental powah; as such, I think I'm going to ask you to draw a line in the sand vis-a-vis respectful inflection. Plus you could title me the forum's Harlequin King or something (take that, Izzy! Turnabout!), for added clarity. Community warning.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2010, 19:23 »

Well, we do have discretion. On the other hand, the rules still apply to everyone. That seems like a separate discussion though.

Anyway, I removed the capitalization, since it was more or less just chance that I happened to capitalize that time. This thread can be for any other Mission Statement related input, though.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2010, 15:56 »

Updated with original poast. Gonna think some more for serious stuffs.