Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Band of Brothers killed the first titan in EVE?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dev Post: Remote Sensor Booster and Tracking Enhancer Nerf  (Read 4937 times)

Vincent Pryce

While in Curse we used interceptor/dram or other fast thing to decloak and bump those things. Takes practice to do it but you can. Remote Sebos was the thing we fucked over cloaky transports in FORTRESS KINAKKA when we were really bored. Worked. Won't anymore as well I guess. With frigates for pirates unusable still on gates in lowsec, lowsec is gonna be pretty much a safe zone for any cloakers - unless you are in FW, those instalock-thrashers do nasty things to stealthbombers.

TE nerf, I can understand that. Actually been anticipating that. After all my AC Machariel will hurt you from 70km away, and I can kite you in a Cynabal at 40km.

Jumpfreighter issue...

It cots 8bil to get one, and I can tell life in nul and low would be hell of a lot more annoying if you didn't have one of those. Speaking from the perspective of a small nul/low entity. Jumpfreighters are expensive quality of life improvements that just retract from the amount of carrier jumps you have to do - or Rorqual jumps. I own one, moving one isn't exactly a picnic of fun times, it also stupidly easy to catch those unless you are careful with them as they have zero defenses. I could get the same effect with my three carriers but this is much more convenient even if more risky.

A lot of the factional warfare hotspots in lowsec that do have supplies in them for people, how do you think the supplies get there to begin with?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

It's the combination of alpha ships and instalock that makes it such a bad gameplay element.
Cloaky transports and JF's are quite another problem, imho.

This.

Cloaking and it's ease requires more specialized fixes I feel, this is a whole other issue.

That lone wolf you mentioned Silver? That lone wolf is, today, a moron for trying something as simple as un-scouted, solo PVP. It's hard enough finding and/or enjoying anything that MIGHT be solo these days, we don't need to add insta-death on random gates to that issue.

That tactic is a throw-back to the age of brainless gate-sniping piracy when we had warp-to-10, not WT0.
Pages: 1 [2]