Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Author Topic: Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime  (Read 488 times)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime
« on: 21 Mar 2013, 02:19 »

What Orange said, Silas, in practical terms.

In RP terms, possessing CP is basically something (almost) every Caldari RPer supports. It's kind of necessary. It's also the only thing that Caldari RPers actually "got" from the whole TEA debacle. Sure, we lost the mega-corporate government, had the whole State ret-conned, have the Federation burning our low-sec systems to the ground, and are officially the nazis of the setting, but at least we got CP back. Well, now we don't get to have that either.

What can you tell a new player to entice them towards the Caldari side? Are we actually a shadow-run-ish setting? No, turns out that we're a fascist dictatorship. Are we at least a cool fascist dictatorship? No, Heth is a moron and is essentially an expy of Hitler, minus the amount of early success. Are we the most militarily successful faction? No, we're supposed to have the most capable navy, but the reality is that we aren't allowed to win anything even when we hold our own systems or take those of the enemy. Do we provide for our citizens? No, apparently we cram them all into dormitories and everyone spends all their spare isk on gambling (how this population supports a consumer sector is beyond me). Oh, and our society is racist, xenophobic, and anti-democratic. All of this, I note, is post-TEA ret-conning and etc. And I can source it.

But, eh, I can't be much motivated to care anymore. I'm mainly even complaining because it's either a last dying ember of concern, or because I find the writing of (legitimate) complaints fun. I'm still in Eve, but by the "where have you beens" I occasionally get, I can testify that I'm talking and doing less and less RP. The Caldari RP scene (lore, live events, and story) is pretty much a pile of shit that a few dedicated players are still trying to live with, and I think I'm done with that, even if I still like spaceships. I don't think it can be resurrected or salvaged at this point. I thought about joining the Blooders, but that doesn't make much sense for my character, and I imagine that CCP just hasn't gotten around to screwing them up yet. Plus, I still enjoy FW.

So, yes. To hell with their live events and story. I may not be able to do anything about where CCP shits on the story, but I don't have to stand under them when they do.  :P

Yep, as I predicted the "FREEEDOOOOOM!!!" front gets another victory handed to them by CCP.

I wonder whats next, a "cool and cinematic" trailer that shows THE ELDER FLEET orbital bombarding Athra?!  :psyccp:

Edit: This would obviously contain less "TonyG idiocy", meaning that the amarr don't get a deus ex machina and are deleted from the game.  :|

Second edit: It's funny really how CCP Falcon tries to maintain the charade that he "does not favour" any of the empires  :lol:
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 09:31 by Ciarente »

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2013, 09:31 »

[mod]Personal attacks[/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.