Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Serpentis stole one of the six Soltueur-class Titans from the Gallente Federation?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime  (Read 10343 times)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime
« Reply #60 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:10 »

Wow. Calm down the lot of you.

This is way more heated than it needs to be. Just pixels, remember?

Give a dog a bone and he'll bury it in the backyard and beg for another. :D

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #61 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:12 »

Give it an honest effort and see how it goes.
This much I can agree with, though I am admittedly not hopeful for the results.

Vikarion

« Reply #62 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:20 »

I love how everyone seems to know how the event will be laid out and how the mechanics of the event gameplay will happen ahead of time, with no evidence.

The marketing for the event clearly states it will be up to the players to determine the results.

If it is railroaded ahead of time it would be a bit of a PR FUBAR for a company promoting a game where the players effect the outcome, neh?

Give the company a little bit of credit in their efforts to put on a show and a live event of this scale.  Give it an honest effort and see how it goes.

No.

And, we do have evidence. People have already asked, and been told, by CCP devs, what is going on. The location is specifically one which Caldari RPers cannot reach. When they complained about that, they were told, basically, "fuck off, those are the consequences you get for being in Caldari FW."

And I've already given CCP lots of chances. The last time, they directed me to the wrong location, then simply brought enough NPCs to practically alpha the targets we  were protecting, even though we killed the hostiles in seconds (total fight was 1-2 minutes, I would guess, including stragglers). Sure, that could have been stopped, but only if I knew beforehand exactly where and what I was supposed to be countering. This is bad faith, and it definitely wasn't worth taking a morning off of work to do it.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #63 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:31 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=217455

Quote from: CCP Falcon
The GM Team would like to make it known that due to events that will be occurring in the system of Luminaire over the weekend, ships or capsules destroyed between downtime on Friday, March 22nd (11:00 UTC on 22/03/2013), and Downtime on Saturday March 23rd (11:00 UTC on 23/03/2013) will not be eligible for reimbursement.

Players who do not wish to be at risk of in game loss due to ongoing hostilities in the Luminaire solar system should be sure to add this system to their autopilot avoidance list and ensure they stay well clear of Luminaire over the course of the weekend. Ship or capsule losses between downtime on Friday, March 22nd (11:00 UTC on 22/03/2013), and Downtime on Saturday March 23rd (11:00 UTC on 23/03/2013) will not be eligible for reimbursement due to the ongoing conflict between the Gallente Federation and the Caldari State.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #64 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:33 »

Does this mean they are going to make the system lowsec? If they do, caps might be able to be dropped... which means Goonswarm killwhores on the titan. Would it be possible to make a system lowsec but jam cynos?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #65 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:35 »

Does this mean they are going to make the system lowsec? If they do, caps might be able to be dropped... which means Goonswarm killwhores on the titan. Would it be possible to make a system lowsec but jam cynos?

Making it lowsec would disable the faction police and CONCORD, both of which are things Falcon has explicitly stated will not be happening.

CONCORD will still kill you.
Faction Police will still hunt you.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #66 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:37 »

Best idea I've seen suggested so far is that simply being in the system flags you suspect. Never know, it could happen >_>

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #67 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:39 »

Welp. Guess there's no point in faking a cold today then! I sincerely hope that the thing does not turn into a lame clusterfuck to get on the killmail.

Vikarion

« Reply #68 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:47 »

From the official thread:

Quote from: CCP Fozzie
Quote from: chatgris
The real question is this:

Is this live event something that players can influence the outcome of? If so, by omitting the majority of those people who've been fighting for FW this is pretty ******.

However, if this live event has a pre-determined outcome, just let us know that is the case and we can happily just watch the show.

Events where players can completely rewrite the outcome from the ground up are something I would love to see happen someday and I think a lot of people here share that dream. However we are still building up our capabilities in this area and that's not something we're ready to pull off yet.

This seems to me to essentially be an admission that the outcome is pretty much fixed.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #69 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:49 »

Or you could have nothing. How about that?

Vikarion

« Reply #70 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:50 »

Better than this, in my opinion.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #71 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:55 »

No, I've played the game long enough to know that if live events did disappear again, there will be much remorse. Maybe not from you Vik, but then again these events are not about you.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #72 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:56 »

Better than this, in my opinion.

I think I've discovered the source of the problem

Vikarion

« Reply #73 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:59 »

No, I've played the game long enough to know that if live events did disappear again, there will be much remorse. Maybe not from you Vik, but then again these events are not about you.

They don't all have to go. For them to just stop screwing with the Caldari would be better than what they are doing, is my opinion.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #74 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:00 »

The thing about a story for a game is that it is written by someone else. We don't have creative license here; CCP does. For now, I have faith. It sucks that Caldari guys can't get out there, but from what I'm seeing it's not going to be that pleasant anyway. What I expect is about 1000 players in the system lagging out and trying to get at least one shot off on the titan. It's going to go down whether you like it or not at this point, so let's just go with the flow. Play your characters as they should be.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7