Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter founded Synenose Accord, a capsuleer corporation dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of w-space and the Sleeper AI?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime  (Read 10344 times)

Vikarion

Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime
« Reply #45 on: 21 Mar 2013, 11:35 »

What exactly is wrong with being a space nazi faction? I get that there was the whole retcon thing involved, so I know the main issue Caldari players have is that they rolled for A and got B instead after TEA. What I don't get is why people seem to say B is bad just for being B. If the Caldari had been space nazi's right from the start, if they had been designed from the ground up as it so that there was never any retcon involved, would you still be upset at them being space nazi's?

I wasn't sold a car that said "space nazis", and I wouldn't have bought it if it had. I was sold a car that said "futuristic techno-punk/goth society drawn from shadowrunner and similar settings". Halfway down the road, CCP carjacked my limo and left me with a half-working jalopy. To add insult to injury, every time I start getting somewhere with it, they show up again to rip off additional parts.

And like I've said before, people don't mind playing villains who are intelligent, capable, and competent. But the Caldari aren't even that. They can't provide security for their own people, they only managed a sneak attack on CP because of the Broker and the Minmatar, and so on and so forth ad infinitum. Even as a villain, they are pathetic. At best, they resemble a sort of genocidal Dr. Evil character, except without as many gadgets.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #46 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:11 »

a GM notice about avoiding Luminaire over Friday afternoon-Saturday morning.

\o/

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #47 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:16 »

Hard as it seems from a game mechanics perspective for the Caldari to win this one, I'd still wager--if I were a gambling man, that is--that they will get all the political ends that they want, even if the Leviathan goes boom.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #48 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:18 »

Yes, to be fair, the loss of Caldari Prime would probably sound the death knell for the Heth regime, and if that is the price that must be paid for that, OOCly, at least, I am willing to suffer that loss if the State will return to its pre-TEA state as a result. That is my one big hope here.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #49 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:18 »

Whee, pretty pictures  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Vikarion

« Reply #50 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:27 »

Yes, to be fair, the loss of Caldari Prime would probably sound the death knell for the Heth regime, and if that is the price that must be paid for that, OOCly, at least, I am willing to suffer that loss if the State will return to its pre-TEA state as a result. That is my one big hope here.

There's no possible way the State can revert to a truly pre-TEA state at this point. Not with any semblance of believable storytelling. Just about everything they've released has moved us away from that, from TEA itself to the "Caldari Demographics" article.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #51 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:29 »

I'm not sure why you think that, but I would disagree. And for the most part, I didn't have any huge issues with the Caldari Demographics article, aside from the ridiculously high number given for the military.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #52 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:45 »

I-RED will be hosting a fleet for this event.

Mails are being sent out.

Contact me if you want a copy of it and have not gotten one yet. Ostensibly, we'll be defending the titan... but since Heth will likely go batshit insane with it, we'll probably end up shooting it. Bring close range shield BCs.

Nevermind. You can safely ignore any invitations you've gotten.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 12:46 by Katrina Oniseki »

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #53 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:49 »

What prompted that? :/

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #54 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:55 »

A monumental failure in the ability of roleplayers to handle a simple live event without filling my mailbox and chat windows with complaining about CCP, militia, railroading, Caldari, Gallente, ISK, ships, fittings, who gets to FC, who will be joining, which side we'll be fighting on...

... and worse IC, which I won't go into.

From what I hear, Goonswarm is going to be having more fun with this event than any of you... and that's a sad sad concept.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #55 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:57 »

A monumental failure in the ability of roleplayers to handle a simple live event without filling my mailbox and chat windows with complaining about CCP, militia, railroading, Caldari, Gallente, ISK, ships, fittings, who gets to FC, who will be joining, which side we'll be fighting on...

From what I hear, Goonswarm is going to be having more fun with this event than any of you... and that's a sad sad concept.

Well, to be fair, it's far easier for Goonswarm to be involved for a variety of reasons. But that is disappointing, despite my gripes. I think 4TH is still going to try to set something up.

Vikarion

« Reply #56 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:58 »

Well, considering that a major point of your invitation was that we'd be shooting the Titan in all probability, I would imagine that some complaints might be in order no matter what.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:00 »

Well, considering that a major point of your invitation was that we'd be shooting the Titan in all probability, I would imagine that some complaints might be in order no matter what.

SELF MODDED

Those wanting to ask me should do so privately.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 13:34 by Katrina Oniseki »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #58 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:04 »

Wow. Calm down the lot of you.

This is way more heated than it needs to be. Just pixels, remember?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:08 »

I love how everyone seems to know how the event will be laid out and how the mechanics of the event gameplay will happen ahead of time, with no evidence.

The marketing for the event clearly states it will be up to the players to determine the results.

If it is railroaded ahead of time it would be a bit of a PR FUBAR for a company promoting a game where the players effect the outcome, neh?

Give the company a little bit of credit in their efforts to put on a show and a live event of this scale.  Give it an honest effort and see how it goes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7