Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Summer] Faction Navy Frigates  (Read 2442 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Dev Post: [Summer] Faction Navy Frigates
« on: 11 Mar 2013, 14:25 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=214283&find=unread

Hello again! As those of you who have been following the ingame news and events concerning the four empires will know, this is a time of great upheaval in New Eden. All four empires are going through changes and jockeying for relative advantage in a cluster now filled with new immortal soldiers. In response to these new challenges, all four empires have secretly begun modernizing and updating their navy forces to face the threats of the future and better reward their most loyal capsuleers.

In practical terms this means that I am announcing some tweaks to our four faction navy frigates scheduled for the Summer expansion. As usual, we're looking for your participation in the process of polishing and iterating on these changes.

Biggest changes are for the Firetail which is gaining a bigger damage bonus, significant HP upgrades and better fitting.
The Slicer and Comet are getting light upgrades.
The Hookbill is a bit more of a mixed bag, gaining HP but gaining a small but noticeable amount of mass to slow it down.

IMPERIAL NAVY SLICER:
Frigate skill bonuses: +25% to small energy turret damage and +10% to small energy turret optimal range per level
Slot layout: 3H, 2M, 5L; 2 turrets , 0 launchers
Fittings: 50 (+3) PWG, 125 (+10) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 550 (-36) / 725 (+21) / 600 (+14)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 500 / 250 (-31.25) s / 2 (+0.2238)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 350 / 3.3 / 1003000 / 3.1s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 40km (+9) / 675 (+65) / 5 (+1)
Sensor strength: 11 Radar (+1)
Signature radius: 38

CALDARI NAVY HOOKBILL:
Caldari Frigate bonuses: +20% to Kinetic missile damage, +10% to EM, Explosive and Thermal missile damage and +10% to missile velocity per level
Slot layout: 3H, 5M, 2L; 0 turrets, 3 launchers
Fittings: 37 PWG, 165 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 725 (+21) / 550 (+24) / 600 (+131)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 300 (+19) / 150 (-37.5) s / 2 (+0.5013)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 360 / 3.3 / 1081000 (+100000) / 3.34s (+0.31)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 45km (+10) / 600 (+50) / 5 (+1)
Sensor strength: 13 Gravimetric (+1)
Signature radius: 40

FEDERATION NAVY COMET:
Gallente Frigate bonuses: +7.5% to small hybrid turret tracking and +20% to small hybrid turret damage per level
Slot layout: 3H, 3M, 4L; 2 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 40 PWG, 160 (+8) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 575 (-11) / 700 (+56) / 750 (+176)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 400 (+35) / 200s (-34.38) / 2 (+0.4427)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 375 / 3.135 / 970000 / 2.85s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 15 / 30
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 37.5km (+5) / 650 (+30) / 5 (+1)
Sensor strength: 11 Magnetometric
Signature radius: 42

REPUBLIC FLEET FIRETAIL:
Frigate skill bonuses: +25% (+5%) to small projectile turret damage and +7.5% to small projectile turret tracking per level
Slot layout: 3H, 4M, 3L; 2 turrets, 1 launchers
Fittings: 40 (+1) PWG, 150 (+10) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 675 (+89) / 675 (+149) / 525 (+21)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 280 (+30) / 140s (-47.5) / 2 (+0.667)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 410 / 3.2 / 1098000 / 3.29s
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 35km (+5) / 700 (+40) / 5 (+1)
Sensor strength: 10 Ladar (+1)
Signature radius: 35

Let us know what you think!

Thank god, the Firetail is finally not utter shit. I once killed one of those in a badly fit rifter. I do love the model though ♥

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
Re: Dev Post: [Summer] Faction Navy Frigates
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2013, 07:52 »

Glad they are unshitting the firetail even though people still fly it now for some weird reason.

Hookbill is getting slower though :(

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2013, 07:57 »

Firetail just got hot.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2013, 13:57 »

The Succubus stares into the class room window pensively. Rain falls down outside onto it as dark clouds dim the day's light. No one addresses it.

; _ ;

Edit ; surprised the Hookbill is only getting slower, considering it seems to be the best of the four frigates right now.
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2013, 13:59 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2013, 13:58 »

The Succubus stares into the class room window pensively. Rain falls down outside onto it as dark clouds dim the day's light. No one addresses it.

; _ ;

I'm sure it will have it's day soon :) And don't worry, the cruor sucks as well  :ugh:

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2013, 16:00 »

I like the suckybus :3

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2013, 16:23 »

But do you ever fly one?
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2013, 16:31 »

But do you ever fly one?

I have every now and then.

Uraniae

• Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2013, 22:11 »

*Still has her scan-fit succubus in a hanger somewhere.*

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 19 Mar 2013, 10:25 »

Another brief update: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2763297#post2763297

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback so far. I'm going to grab a few prominent questions from the thread to answer:

Can we have the Police skin back on the Comet?
I also have a special place in my heart for the old Comet skin with its flashing light. However the art direction for the game dictates that navy faction ships follow the paint scheme of their racial fleet. However I do dream of the day when we can get Comets with that skin back into your hands, and I don't think that dream is in vain.

Why can't we move the utility high to a mid on the Slicer to make it more effective, especially in non-kiting roles?
I definitely understand the frustration that can come from having to work around having only two mids on a ship, but I also don't think the answer is to give every ship the full set of three. The Slicer has an effective niche with its optimal bonus that it serves well, and outside the box fittings are quite possible thanks to the element of surprise. I don't expect that we will give it a third mid in this pass.

Discussion about Merlin lockrange.
I'm going to answer that question over in the other thread.

When can we start public testing these ships?
The only answer I can give your right now is "As soon as possible" unfortunately. We'll keep you up to date as soon as our plans are ready to announce.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 19 Mar 2013, 13:00 »

The Cruor continues crying in a corner. Neglected, abused, and alone.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 19 Mar 2013, 13:07 »

I want to love the cruor so much, but I just can't. Only real use I can see for it these days is for stomping on frigate logis' cap, while supported by it's own logi (otherwise it just dies).

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #12 on: 19 Mar 2013, 13:47 »

The Cruor continues crying in a corner. Neglected, abused, and alone.

Pirate frigs are going to get a look. CCP already acknowledges they're bad.

Quote from: CCP Ytterbium
Ah yes, this dates back to 2009, and you're looking at the one responsible for that (along with the Dramiel, Cynabal and Machariel uberness)

Considering I was the one breaking this ship in the first place, the least I can do is to post here what we think of pirate ships at the moment.

Blood Raiders: Bhaalgorn is nice, Ashimmu and Cruor need some iteration. Need to find ways to make them useful at what they do without them competing too much with the Amarr Recon Ships.

Sansha's Nation: Nightmare is very good, Phantasm and Succubus also need some love. Probably going to need to have a look at their mobility and EHP. Open to ideas however, so this thread will be watched.

Guristas: Rattlesnake and Gila we are happy with, not so much with the Worm.

Serpentis: we are quite pleased with all the ships in this line.

Angel Cartel: while the Dramiel has been brought back into line, the Cynabal and Machariel need a nerf. Not necessarily a big one mind you, but at the moment they are just too much versatile with their flexible slot layouts, extended drone bays coupled with amazing speed and good damage. Their theoretical weaknesses (lack of EHP, poor damage projection) don't matter as much in the field as they should.

So, when would this be coming out? Not for a while, we have a lot of more urgent rebalancing to go through, mainly with Tech1 and 2 hulls, but this definately is on our to-do list.

Korona

• Friendly Neighborhood Cultist
  • Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 19 Mar 2013, 16:57 »

>Machariel
>poor damage projection

Heh.

"EoM is an anagram of emo for a reason, dude."

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:19 »

#LivingInFallOff