Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Daedalus X pulled off a Capital ship heist in a level two wormhole. read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: [Spoiler] TMC Article: Dust 514 Map  (Read 9062 times)

Vikarion

Re: Crashed Leviathan on Caldari Prime
« Reply #15 on: 19 Mar 2013, 02:18 »

It's just CCP railroading the Caldari to lose. Again. It doesn't matter what we actually do in the game, the Caldari are almost certainly going to lose Caldari Prime.

Provide examples of all the times the Caldari has been railroaded into losing?

Either that or stop complaining.

I've done so on this site.

For example:

First major taking of territory in FW: the Caldari take a bunch of systems. No ill effects for the Gallente.

The Gallente take a bunch of systems (the FOOM push): CCP writes that they conduct a scorched earth campaign, wrecking Black Rise.

The Caldari FWers take all systems and hold them for 6-8 months: The Caldari corporations make an unbelievably stupid decision and move into Placid with tons of infrastructure and investments. No "scorched earth" policy here, nu-uh. The instant they lose those systems, the State is in a recession again. The Gallente, on the other hand, suffer nothing but getting a new and much more awesome president.

Eventually the Gallente take all Caldari systems for several hours. Tibus Heth starts a civil war in the State. along with a lot more crap.

Then the Caldari retake most of Black Rise and a good chunk of Placid. So Heth cancels the Blind Auction, crippling the Megas even more, and the Gallente start retaking Caldari Prime.

And that's just FW.

EDIT: I mean, seriously, the Gallente got a new and much better leader when the Caldari took all Gallente systems. What did we get? We had Heth, possibly the character that Caldari RPers hate the most, survive an assassination attempt.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2013, 02:32 by Vikarion »

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
Re: Crashed Leviathan on Caldari Prime?
« Reply #16 on: 19 Mar 2013, 02:49 »

I don't think Heth will survive much longer either way.

Anyway, while I do think it looks like a Leviathan, it could be another ship. However, there could also be more backgrounds (such as one with an Erebus or a Soltueur).

In the end, make sure you hang onto your Magic Crystal Ball.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #17 on: 19 Mar 2013, 03:33 »

What Grid said mostly. 

Also, as much as I share your feelings about Heth to a degree, Vikarion, please stop speaking for the Caldari roleplay community at large.  Back in her militia days Sol was a provist, for example, who saw Heth as a war hero.  You have an OOC axe to grind with CCP, that much is clear, but you speak for yourself.  You're an asset to the community, and an iconic Caldari role player, but I chafe at being given views and opinions (in the eyes of the community through shared 'Caldariness') by someone I have barely even spoken to.

Whatever happens, I will be interested to see what form it takes. 

RE: Falcon's glasses comment, Grideris, TS-F and I debated what it might be, ranging from 'a really close range front portion of a Drake', through carrier and Wyvern up to a leviathan - plus Grids proposed 'could be a changeable skybox' mentioned above.  From the small portion of the visible ship, it is really hard to see what it is (though they almost certainly ruled out a Drake and I cling onto the notion only feebly), though there are certain Leviathan attributes. 

When all is said and done, taking this on pure spectacle over storyline, crashed ship skyboxes look pretty damned cool.  Now they just need to put more meat on on the bones, DUST is a bit repetitive atm :(
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2013, 03:40 by Aelisha Montenagre »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #18 on: 19 Mar 2013, 03:53 »

RE: Falcon's glasses comment, Grideris, TS-F and I debated what it might be, ranging from 'a really close range front portion of a Drake', through carrier and Wyvern up to a leviathan - plus Grids proposed 'could be a changeable skybox' mentioned above.  From the small portion of the visible ship, it is really hard to see what it is (though they almost certainly ruled out a Drake and I cling onto the notion only feebly), though there are certain Leviathan attributes. 

Falcon's glasses comment may not mean we're misidentifying the ship. It could mean something completely different, like maybe we're missing something in the loading screen. Maybe it's something outside the video we've missed.

Falcon sure seems to think it's something obvious.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
Re: Crashed Leviathan on Caldari Prime
« Reply #19 on: 19 Mar 2013, 04:09 »

It's just CCP railroading the Caldari to lose. Again. It doesn't matter what we actually do in the game, the Caldari are almost certainly going to lose Caldari Prime.
It doesn't matter what CCP does, roleplayers are almost certainly going to go out of their way to be offended anyway.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #20 on: 19 Mar 2013, 06:01 »

maybe it is a leviathan but maybe that isn't Caldari Prime?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Anslol

« Reply #21 on: 19 Mar 2013, 07:19 »

maybe it is a leviathan but maybe that isn't Caldari Prime?

Beat me to it.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 19 Mar 2013, 08:01 »

The player does a pan of the sky at 1:58.   The nebula in the background appears to be very similar to the nebula for Essence, but I am not particularly familiar with its details having not spent much time in Essence.

So it is at least somewhere in said region.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 19 Mar 2013, 08:12 »

It could be Gallente Prime. Maybe the Titan didn't go down softly. :D

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 19 Mar 2013, 08:14 »

This topic could use a *SPOILER* title by the way, some people wouldn't like to have PF things like this broadcast.

I didn't get a good look but maybe it was the half-collapsed Provist HQ tower?  Although spaceship crashes always good.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #25 on: 19 Mar 2013, 09:15 »

Even a 102-story building wouldn't look that large unless you were right up next to it.

It's also not Gallente Prime - Dust battles tell you exactly what planet you are on.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 19 Mar 2013, 09:20 »

I had forgotten all of the flaming wreckage meteoring in the background as well.

Definitely something space explodey going on :)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #27 on: 19 Mar 2013, 09:54 »

From TMC's article, in the comment section: "The event servers were labelled with "TEST", so it makes sense that nothing has happened on the EVE side of things yet."

Could be Falcon's glasses comment was intended to point towards this and that we shouldn't take it quite so seriously just yet?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #28 on: 19 Mar 2013, 10:01 »

This topic could use a *SPOILER* title by the way, some people wouldn't like to have PF things like this broadcast.
This!
I'm thankful that I read some more of this thread and see Verone's comments, so it will at least be somewhat more of a surpise what will happen exactly, or I would be doing  :bash:
-OOChé

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 19 Mar 2013, 10:02 »

Maybe CCP is testing some sort of mechanic to dynamically add wrecks of various ships to battlefields.

I can dream.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8