Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Interactive storytelling  (Read 3103 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Interactive storytelling
« on: 09 May 2010, 09:43 »

For those who might not have seen it, CCP Dropbear has responded to posts from Ghost Hunter and a number of other folks (including quite a few on this site) in a thread entitled CCP: Sleepers instead of the Rogue Drones?.

Really, it's worth your time.

A few other threads have popped up there in response, like one on interactive storytelling in EVE.

Much of the discussion will likely stay there, as it probably should, but I wonder about what other topic areas CCP might develop this way. We see some of it via the factional "epic arcs" and such, but do any of you have interesting examples we might not have considered?

And expounding on how the Sleepers created the rogue drones would help me, too, since I thought they resulted from a Gallente lab security breach...

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: Interactive storytelling
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2010, 10:32 »

Interesting indeed. Especially as Pottsey send links to his collection to me some time ago, I just haven't had time to read through it.

I also finally realized what the Zephyr is good for.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2010, 13:44 »

Re: interactive storytelling,
I think its very interesting that people are concerned about clear communication from ccp about how to interact with the overarching storyline. Given past experiments with direct community interaction it would seem prudent to remain as mysterious as possible in the process. People tend to take advantage when given such an opportunity.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2010, 16:01 »

And expounding on how the Sleepers created the rogue drones would help me, too, since I thought they resulted from a Gallente lab security breach...

They didn't create the rogue drones. Dunno why anyone thinks they did. The origin of the rogue drones has been clearly spelled out a few times. No where other than one person's idle speculation (not Dropbear's) did the connection even get made.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2010, 17:14 »

They didn't create the rogue drones. Dunno why anyone thinks they did. The origin of the rogue drones has been clearly spelled out a few times. No where other than one person's idle speculation (not Dropbear's) did the connection even get made.

Probably because the Rogue Drones Chronicle says they did, followed by the news story on Spectrum Breach... I don't doubt that there's more to the story, but I can't understand why you'd dismiss those of us with that impression out of hand.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2010, 17:16 by Casiella »

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2010, 17:30 »

*looks around shiftily*

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2010, 17:32 »

Jules! Somebody I'd hoped to see... you wouldn't happen to have anything like a compendium of what's known about rogue drones and sleepers, would you? >.>

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2010, 19:21 »

Actually, it's kind of ironic. CCP started an interactive storytelling thing with me just today >_>

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2010, 20:11 »

Probably because the Rogue Drones Chronicle says they did, followed by the news story on Spectrum Breach... I don't doubt that there's more to the story, but I can't understand why you'd dismiss those of us with that impression out of hand.

I think you misunderstood what I was objecting to. It was specifically this part:

And expounding on how the Sleepers created the rogue drones would help me

Nothing in either of those links you posted has anything to do with the Sleepers, so I assume you thought I said there's no evidence for the Gallente creating them.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2010, 20:16 »

Oh! My apologies! I've heard a number of folks speculate on that latter point, but I haven't seen any evidence for it. If it doesn't exist, then that explains why. :)

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2010, 20:46 »

Anyone speculating that the Sleepers are behind the rogue drones are willfully ignoring PF that says the Gallente created them.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2010, 06:37 »

OMGZ ITS THE GALLENTE THAT DID IT

Anyway, yoshito, I don't believe anyone is questioning the origin of drones, in general. The key is, the eveolution of the Rogues is changing extremely rapidly, faster than is expected. It seems highly likely that the Rogue Drones are being influenced and modified by Sleeper intelligences.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2010, 07:20 »

I'm sure I'm not the only one that picked up on the dev's use of the word "singular" in the fashion he did...

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2010, 13:40 »

Anyway, yoshito, I don't believe anyone is questioning the origin of drones, in general. The key is, the eveolution of the Rogues is changing extremely rapidly, faster than is expected. It seems highly likely that the Rogue Drones are being influenced and modified by Sleeper intelligences.

To be honest, the Rogue Drones are less intelligent in general than their progenitor, Orphyx. Also, the Rogue Drones have not changed significantly in any ways since the wormholes opened, so I don't see how the Sleepers could have influenced them.

Is there a possibility that the Rogue Drones have been influenced by the Sleepers? Yes. "Highly likely"? No, not unless there is some specific evidence to the contrary that links the two.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2010, 14:01 »

To be honest, the Rogue Drones are less intelligent in general than their progenitor, Orphyx. Also, the Rogue Drones have not changed significantly in any ways since the wormholes opened, so I don't see how the Sleepers could have influenced them.

Is there a possibility that the Rogue Drones have been influenced by the Sleepers? Yes. "Highly likely"? No, not unless there is some specific evidence to the contrary that links the two.

There's shenanigans going on in the lvl1 epic arc.

A "mysterious drone" that resembles a Sleeper one. Rogue SOCT agents. Conspiring SoE agents. Rogue drones doing Stuff.
\o/
Pages: [1] 2