EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > CCP Public Library

Interactive storytelling

(1/4) > >>

Casiella:
For those who might not have seen it, CCP Dropbear has responded to posts from Ghost Hunter and a number of other folks (including quite a few on this site) in a thread entitled CCP: Sleepers instead of the Rogue Drones?.

Really, it's worth your time.

A few other threads have popped up there in response, like one on interactive storytelling in EVE.

Much of the discussion will likely stay there, as it probably should, but I wonder about what other topic areas CCP might develop this way. We see some of it via the factional "epic arcs" and such, but do any of you have interesting examples we might not have considered?

And expounding on how the Sleepers created the rogue drones would help me, too, since I thought they resulted from a Gallente lab security breach...

Myyona:
Interesting indeed. Especially as Pottsey send links to his collection to me some time ago, I just haven't had time to read through it.

I also finally realized what the Zephyr is good for.

Kaleigh Doyle:
Re: interactive storytelling,
I think its very interesting that people are concerned about clear communication from ccp about how to interact with the overarching storyline. Given past experiments with direct community interaction it would seem prudent to remain as mysterious as possible in the process. People tend to take advantage when given such an opportunity.

Yoshito Sanders:

--- Quote from: Casiella on 09 May 2010, 09:43 ---And expounding on how the Sleepers created the rogue drones would help me, too, since I thought they resulted from a Gallente lab security breach...

--- End quote ---

They didn't create the rogue drones. Dunno why anyone thinks they did. The origin of the rogue drones has been clearly spelled out a few times. No where other than one person's idle speculation (not Dropbear's) did the connection even get made.

Casiella:

--- Quote from: Yoshito Sanders on 10 May 2010, 16:01 ---They didn't create the rogue drones. Dunno why anyone thinks they did. The origin of the rogue drones has been clearly spelled out a few times. No where other than one person's idle speculation (not Dropbear's) did the connection even get made.

--- End quote ---

Probably because the Rogue Drones Chronicle says they did, followed by the news story on Spectrum Breach... I don't doubt that there's more to the story, but I can't understand why you'd dismiss those of us with that impression out of hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version