Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Evanda Char once stole a priceless artifact from Admirals Tharrn's office and made it into ear rings precipitating a year long war?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Erotic Roleplay  (Read 27270 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: Erotic Roleplay
« Reply #30 on: 07 Mar 2013, 23:59 »

As with humour so it is with ERP - it's very subjective and context is everything.

Sex is part of the human condition. If we're trying to create little human beings then some thought has to be given to their sexuality - even if it's never explored beyond that point.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #31 on: 08 Mar 2013, 03:44 »

I have to say, I love all the explanations and reasons for engaging in ERP.

I agree though about the public stuff. I don't like people that try to ERP in public. Sure, having two characters kiss is fine if they are a couple, but if it's going to turn sexual, that needs to be private.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #32 on: 08 Mar 2013, 06:46 »

Not something I have any interest in doing and I'm just as uninterested in hearing about it from other players. I suppose what happens between, uh, two consenting players is their business, but as it was evidenced in the 'space lesbian' thread I think a problem (or eyeball rolling at the least) arises when a character's sole defining feature is their sexual nature.

Succinctly speaking I'd rather focus on my actual sex life.

This.

Anslol

« Reply #33 on: 08 Mar 2013, 07:49 »

If you do it, fine. If you don't want to do it, fine. Just don't do it in public or rag on others for doing it at all just because you may think it's silly.

Relationships build up in different ways, bottom line. If some ERP sessions ends with someone together with someone else ICly, that could lead to (like said earlier) jealousy, or fights, or a whole story arc appearing.

Zakar Shazih

« Reply #34 on: 08 Mar 2013, 10:00 »

What two people do in private is their own business.

I play Eve to do things I cant do in real life. Like shooting people.  :yar:

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 08 Mar 2013, 11:19 »

So, since we're on the subject, I had a question...

A lot of people have been saying that as long as things stay private it's fine... but has anyone ever had another character walk in on them by accident? Like things start to get hot and heavy in a semi-private channel... then someone else logs in, has their character make an entrance and OH HEY!

Anslol

« Reply #36 on: 08 Mar 2013, 11:26 »

A lot of people have been saying that as long as things stay private it's fine... but has anyone ever had another character walk in on them by accident? Like things start to get hot and heavy in a semi-private channel... then someone else logs in, has their character make an entrance and OH HEY!

Go on...

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #37 on: 08 Mar 2013, 11:42 »

Sidetrack, but that's the nail on the head on the big reason I'm still carrying a small candle for the walking-in-stations thing. It provides more locality. Because the locations a large part of roleplay takes place in are basically secure channels, there's no such thing as truly accidental meetings, or overheard conversations, or, yeah, that.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 08 Mar 2013, 12:07 »

I recall hearing about [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] getting it on completely in certain public but little-used channels in the Keep, but never had the (mis)fortune of walking in on them. Would have been immensely and hilariously awkward.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #39 on: 08 Mar 2013, 12:12 »

Yup. Had it happen on SWG once. :D

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #40 on: 08 Mar 2013, 14:53 »

I think I remember a story about dibblebill getting walked in on in the M-M Gardens.

Cynthia Gallente

• Bunnies
  • Wetgraver
  • Bunnies.
« Reply #41 on: 08 Mar 2013, 15:00 »

I am rather open with my character's sexuality.
Sure she gets into somewhat random romantic encounters.
Sure it happens fairly regularly.
But I like for the story to fade to black during the actual "romantic encounter" because nothing is really gained from that part of the story, the fact that these two characters had sex is the important part.
I used to be part of a community where sex was the express intent of everyone involved.  Sure I participated a couple of times, but somehow cyber sex even in the rp context is very icky to me.

As far as doing things in public channels, I think people should be allowed to as long as the channel is groovy with that happening, but really it should be left to private because it really can and does make a lot of people uncomfortable.  I haven't seen much sexy time happening in the public channels here, so I don't think that's a big issue.

That's what I have to say about it.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #42 on: 08 Mar 2013, 15:36 »

Happened to me in a different game too. The intruder just took and seat and encouraged us to keep going.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 08 Mar 2013, 15:38 »

Was once part of a small but (very!) friendly guild in WoW. Logging into guild chat one day I found out the hard way that a Healer and her Tank have an even closer relationship than you might think.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #44 on: 08 Mar 2013, 15:48 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11