Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the top-heavy, curved, vertical design of the Naglfar was copied from Minmatar totems? Read more in the description

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Erotic Roleplay  (Read 27278 times)

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
Re: Erotic Roleplay
« Reply #150 on: 23 May 2017, 18:36 »

erp until your dick falls off y'all

just don't keep all your RP centered around it and don't pressure folks OOC for it and you're gucci
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #151 on: 23 May 2017, 19:08 »

Most of what I'd want to say has been said, honestly.
I've ERPed. Wasn't in eve, wasn't really a fan. My characters aren't really interested because of that(not relationships, they'd be fine with that if it came to it).

I don't really care if people ERP, provided they don't attempt to pressure people OOC to do it.
I exist sometimes.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #152 on: 23 May 2017, 22:20 »

I thought we are all already engaged in ERP.

I mean, 'getting in real close to the other guy's ship and overheat everything' is an erotic act, isn't it?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Nissui

« Reply #153 on: 23 May 2017, 23:11 »

I thought we are all already engaged in ERP.

Ah, the raw sensuality of the manufacturing queue.

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #154 on: 23 May 2017, 23:46 »

https://i.imgur.com/srGVqpV.png

unf. tell me about your profit margins bby~
I exist sometimes.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #155 on: 24 May 2017, 00:12 »

https://i.imgur.com/srGVqpV.png

unf. tell me about your profit margins bby~

Oh, my. Look at that peak!
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #156 on: 24 May 2017, 02:13 »

It's been a while since I've seen this thread, but while I think most/all of my earlier posts still stand, it's been long enough that I think with all the time I've spent outside of EVE lately that I should probably snag some of what I said on Slack earlier and shuffle it around into a forum post. Tomorrow, though.

« Last Edit: 24 May 2017, 02:16 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Evi Polevhia

« Reply #157 on: 24 May 2017, 06:20 »

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #158 on: 24 May 2017, 08:53 »

I exist sometimes.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #159 on: 24 May 2017, 11:16 »

Well, this isn't something I've thought about for years.

I've had IC relationships where ERP has taken place, and relationships where it hasn't. Depends entirely on player choice, character circumstance, and, frankly, if you've got the patience. It can be difficult to get steamy through text.

As far as it's place in the wider RP community, I actually feel it's somewhat less prevalent than it used to be a few years back. The aforementioned "cyber alts" seem to have died off. What ERP is/might be taking place is staying in the private sphere rather more.

Or maybe I'm just far enough removed from the majority of the community that I don't see it.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Druur Monakh

• Wetgraver
    • Hazardous Goods
« Reply #160 on: 24 May 2017, 11:45 »

While reluctant at first, I found that engaging in ERP (single-sided through blog posts at first, with a partner later on) did help flesh out my character - sometimes in unexpected ways. It's not a focus, but yet it is an essential part of my character's tapestry (and I admit: sometimes it's fun to do just for its own sake).

The IC/OOC barrier is a two-sided sword: On the one hand, it is both hard and important to keep IC and OOC relations separate, and one also has to be conscious about the fact that a full separation is nigh impossible - especially since this is an area where people get vulnerable. On the other hand, some bleed-over can be useful, because (E)RP allows one to explore situations which in RL might not have even occurred to you to do. It can be a way to learn about yourself.

Casserina Leshrac

• Clonejack
  • Causing Trouble As Best I Can!
« Reply #161 on: 24 May 2017, 13:00 »

I have found (E)RP extremely enhancing to character development. Having a 10 year gap for this character means I have the ability to change the direction of the character from when it started until now.

What has also helped is watching my partners (Cass is down to two regular partners) grow and develop as well.

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #162 on: 25 May 2017, 03:53 »

I had a discussion with someone on this topic not that long ago and some of the thoughts are still in my mind. My opinions mostly overlap with the ones already expressed in that it's a matter of personal preference. For myself I have never been comfortable with the practice of ERP. I just can't properly, I guess, dig that far into my soul for character content without the usual real life stuff that makes the situation. I can fake a lot of RP without the actual persons and settings existing but intimate matters are different.I could write smut but I couldn't properly navigate my fictional character through the act. At least, not in real time.

There are those that can, though, and use that ability to explore a facet of their character every bit as important as anger, sadness, greed, or what have you.

I only skimmed a little bit in the thread (sue me) but (and I hope I'm not just parroting someone that made one of the posts I didn't read) I think the contention on the issue is really only the result of peoples' reaction to people who abuse it. People who use RP as a chance to engage in some fantasy, possibly against the will of the other participant (as has happened to me on one occasion), which only serves them as a (to be crass) masturbatory aid. Which, of course, is fine between or among consenting participants. But there have been some people (there will always be such people) who abuse this aspect of the human genre just to get off.

Anyway, I think the rule should be the Bill and Ted "be excellent to each other" requirement and try to use best judgement when engaging in this kind of RP.

Just like how I don't make anyone watch as I lewdly count every new ISK credit as it comes in while I tickle my nipples.
“If your hands aren’t bleeding, you aren’t working hard enough.”

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #163 on: 26 May 2017, 18:34 »

I've done RP online for a lot of years now, since the text-based browser days.
I've run communities and refereed a lot of shit.
I simply do not trust RPers enough to do ERP. You are my tribe, but you are a tribe of Monsters, and you'll stay at pole's reach.

((edit: I'm leaving my unfortunate pun because ::YEAH::))

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #164 on: 30 May 2017, 20:45 »

I don't know, it does provide for character growth in many ways if it's done properly. A chance encounter I had a while ago has turnet into a great source of maturation for Ria, including her becoming less of a bitch. That and some sense of mental comfort in her life.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]