EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Erotic Roleplay

(1/33) > >>

Saede Riordan:
Okay, so we've had a fairly respectful discussion of "space-lesbians" and I actually think that give that we may be able to have a conversation about something that, while rather closely linked, is probably deserving of its own thread.

That topic is ERP, or cybering, or erotic roleplay, or whatever you might call it. The act of roleplaying your character having sex. ERP is something a lot of people have seemingly strong opinions of. Its often mocked by those who disagree with it, and treated silly, but is there anything wrong with it in and of itself? If both players want to do it, is it okay? Please keep the conversation respectful, I understand this is something people have strong opinions about. Lets avoid doingitrong.

Lasairiona:
I have had Lasa engage in ERP. Personally, I don't see an issue with it. It's not something that she does all the time (contrary to popular belief, it seems  :roll: )

Safai:
Not something I have any interest in doing and I'm just as uninterested in hearing about it from other players. I suppose what happens between, uh, two consenting players is their business, but as it was evidenced in the 'space lesbian' thread I think a problem (or eyeball rolling at the least) arises when a character's sole defining feature is their sexual nature.

Succinctly speaking I'd rather focus on my actual sex life.

Lasairiona:
Haha, Safai....my regular sex life is awesome, lmao! :lol:

Safai:
Oh, I wasn't asserting anyone who engages in erotic roleplay thusly has a bad sex life. I was speaking personally.

To elaborate a little: if one has a hole in their life, I feel that EVE is a poor place to fill it (heh, insert penetration pun) because it is merely gratification through simulacrum. This applies not only to the topic at hand but how we treat the game and our lives in general.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version