Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Author Topic: Some assistance with faction discussions  (Read 1789 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Some assistance with faction discussions
« on: 08 Apr 2013, 19:40 »

I would like to request the help of the community making one of our stickies a bit more useful. This one here.

The idea is basically to have a general discussion thread for each faction and sub-faction. That thread can have links to useful articles, and even other (more specific) threads involving that faction. I managed to put one together for a few of the Megacorps, for example.

Couple of current issues:

1) We don't have discussions for a lot of the factions and sub-factions. If people - particularly people involved with those factions - want to start threads like that, that would be awesome.

2) The ones we do have (in particular the ones I started) leaned heavily on news articles which don't seem to exist anymore. If there are other resources we can link in those threads, that would be awesome.

So, I don't have time to research and start new threads. I would be very appreciative of anyone who wanted to tackle even just 1. The main thing is to keep them very general, sort of clearing houses for broad discussion, links to other threads, and links to resources on the faction/subfaction in question.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Some assistance with faction discussions
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2013, 13:06 »

Alright, if noone else wants to volunteer (and I don't blame you), can I get some suggestions on which ones I should look at first if I do some new threads?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2013, 16:14 »

I don't have the time now to look for them but didn't we have similar threads in the past already ? I remember clearly having participated with Scagga in creating an Ammatar thread.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2013, 17:37 »

I can chat with Koro about setting up an EoM info portal/discussion thread, that'd be cool.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2013, 17:38 »

I don't have the time now to look for them but didn't we have similar threads in the past already ? I remember clearly having participated with Scagga in creating an Ammatar thread.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1913.0 That one? That is linked on the page I'm asking people to help out with?  ;)

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2013, 19:16 »

Sorry I didn't respond. I'm actually working on something at the moment, I'll send you the details privately. It may, or may not, help with this project.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2013, 19:20 »

I worked on a writeup to the Amarrian religion... then it got too much work for me, really. Don't know if that's something for the boards, though.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2013, 03:23 »

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1913.0 That one? That is linked on the page I'm asking people to help out with?  ;)

Woops.