Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ships in EVE have crews?  Really.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: "Space Lesbians"  (Read 27428 times)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
Re: "Space Lesbians"
« Reply #240 on: 26 Apr 2013, 18:52 »

Can we all just agree at least that "Space Lesbian" is an utterly stupid meme and we should work as a community to stop using it? Its crap. I understand the stereotypical bad roleplayer that you're attempting to call out with it, but there are better ways that don't marginalize all lesbian characters or make lesbian players feel uncomfortable about playing their own orientations.

On this you and I can certainly agree.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #241 on: 26 Apr 2013, 18:54 »

See, you've got to make use of the shift key, to make it clear, Jade. "Space Lesbians", not space lesbians. Don't want to confuse Space Lesbians with lesbians in space...

Am I the only one who's reminded of this, suddenly?
Sure sure, we're taking the piss out of S P A C E  L E S B I A N S
Not SERIOUS SPACE LESBIANS OR LESBIANS IN SPACE which are quite different things... clearly.

Though I think I'd like another term to describe SPACE RELATIONSHIPS with men playing women and women playing pretend lesbians while actually both parts are kinda hetro though the chap is dressing up like a lady and the women pretends she doesn't know. Is there a word for that?

Awkward.

e/ Oh god you marqueed it. Take me now.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2013, 19:01 by Sofia Roseburn »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #242 on: 26 Apr 2013, 18:55 »

See, you've got to make use of the shift key, to make it clear, Jade. "Space Lesbians", not space lesbians. Don't want to confuse Space Lesbians with lesbians in space...

Am I the only one who's reminded of this, suddenly?
Sure sure, we're taking the piss out of S P A C E  L E S B I A N S
Not SERIOUS SPACE LESBIANS OR LESBIANS IN SPACE which are quite different things... clearly.

Though I think I'd like another term to describe SPACE RELATIONSHIPS with men playing women and women playing pretend lesbians while actually both parts are kinda hetro though the chap is dressing up like a lady and the women pretends she doesn't know. Is there a word for that?

Roleplay?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #243 on: 27 Apr 2013, 22:19 »

[mod]I had originally just snipped a couple posts off of this thread, but reading back it pretty clearly went off the rails before that. Assigning motives to other posters and making assumptions about the validity of the RP is generally pretty off-limits. Locked.[/mod]
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]