Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE capsuleers do not only supply their comrades with spiced wine, but also with dark, maltey ale and fine brandy from their planetside holdings?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Discussion: Capsuleers / Cyberization / Walking terminators  (Read 8881 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

I imagine if a capsuleer was involved in an operation they'd be far more useful in an R2D2 capacity, plugging in to computers and security systems and using their expensive brains to do awful things to enemy systems.

This is basically how I RP my character. Hacking and nerdery. I don't see any reason why you can't RP your character as a complete cyborg, as long as you don't try to use that to gain some huge RP advantage. Saede might be mostly machine, but that doesn't make her immune to bullets, or make her a walking armoury or anything of the sort. I think you have a lot more leeway in what you can get away with as long as what you're doing is flavour and not your attempts to 'win' at RPing. Saede's modifications are flavour, she'd still probably get her ass kicked in a fistfight, whereas if I played her as a cyborg supersoldier who could throw people through walls with one hand, it would probably be looked at more negatively.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2013, 13:53 by Saede Riordan »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

if I played her as a cyborg supersoldier who could through people through walls with one hand, it would probably be looked at more negatively.

I have little doubt there are rare individuals of similar capabilities sprinkled throughout New Eden, but I don't think they are capsuleers. My opinion, though.

Ridiculously expensive cyborg soldiers would likely be super great as bodyguards or small commando teams, but I don't suspect they'd get much action on the front lines of major engagements considering the lethality and numbers of giant death machines in use. 

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing

A conversation Synthia had with Gosakumori Noh led to this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It is a far more logical shape, when cybernetics can replace things.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

A conversation Synthia had with Gosakumori Noh led to this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It is a far more logical shape, when cybernetics can replace things.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I prefer the sassy Queen Mother Brain from Captain N :)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod

I would love if there were a few floating brain in a vat type capsuleer RPers floating around.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

They couldn't undock. The existence of a X's frozen corpse would directly contradict their RP background of being a disembodied brain.
\o/

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod

They couldn't undock. The existence of a X's frozen corpse would directly contradict their RP background of being a disembodied brain.

What if the top of their head unfolds and the brain can come out and float around?

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press

Look look look, you people are asking "Why arent we playing brains in jars".  The correct thing to realize is that you are. :twisted:
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

any non-standardness would be revealed by examination of the frozen corpse.

even the relatively trivial things, like someone being half sebiestor half krusual (or so they say). Doing a dna analysis would reveal that to be inaccurate.

it's a bit :s
\o/

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette

By that logic all characters are pasty white and have identical builds because there are only two possible images for the frozen corpses of capsuleers.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod

even the relatively trivial things, like someone being half sebiestor half krusual (or so they say). Doing a dna analysis would reveal that to be inaccurate.

The best solution to that is just to message the person whose corpse it is and (hopefully if they're cool) give you information on the character they could glean off of that. If someone had one of Saede's corpses I'd be happy to go along with this. Karmilla's right, you have to make some leeway for RP. Remember you technically can't leave the CQ mechanically either.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile

Not sure I quite follow you there on that last bit.

Arnulf is a mix of two tribes (Sebiestor and Brutor) but his info lists him as Sebiestor because that's who conducted his Voluval. I'm sure similar rationals could be devised for other mixes of the known bloodlines.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

The best solution to that is just to message the person whose corpse it is and (hopefully if they're cool) give you information on the character they could glean off of that. If someone had one of Saede's corpses I'd be happy to go along with this. Karmilla's right, you have to make some leeway for RP. Remember you technically can't leave the CQ mechanically either.

+1

In the past, I've sent OOC messages to people who've podded my characters saying "Hey, let me know if you decide to do an autopsy."

It's resulted in some pretty interesting RP (and surprisingly little crap from non-RPers).
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2013, 19:19 by Vieve »

Hamish Grayson

I RP that Hamish could be a super cybernetic terminator like guy if he was inclined.   However, he's (on occasion) a multi-billionaire and he has people specifically for that sort of thing. Tens of thousands of people.   

Doing his own wetwork would be an illogical and inefficient use of his time and resources.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2013, 20:41 by Hamish Grayson »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7