Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Caldari State is made up of eight mega-corporations and has three major political factions?

Author Topic: old cap surrporting guide i got asked to write  (Read 1682 times)

Dame Death

• Very Bitter Vet
  • Wetgraver
old cap surrporting guide i got asked to write
« on: 18 Apr 2010, 03:00 »

may need a bvit of updating but im lazy. wrote this ages ago.

Cap supporting 101

This is a guide for sub capital (Convents) pilots I will make a Cap pilot guide later.

I will refer to Capital FC a lot during this. A Capital FC is a FC clear by God aka Gilgamesh to use Capital Assets Capital Assets should never be used without clearance from a Capital FC preferably with said FC being on the field. Hopefully Gil will make a list of Capital FC's soon.

Dreads (DD)

If there are Dreads on the field then your job is simple. Protect the big guns while they do their job. Remember when a dread is In siege mode (IS)  it cannot be Remote repaired (RR'd)  warp move or jump out this means its complety vulnerable and relent on its support fleet to kill incoming small stuff as a IS dread has a scan res of about 30 with a sensor booster (Sebo) The cycle time of the Siege mod is at the time of writing ten minutes. When a dread leaves siege goes OOS (Out of siege) the Capital FC will make the choice weather to reside or not.

What you do during this time is dependent on situation.

During a small scale capital fight you keep your points and nuets on targets and follow primary letting the dreads do their job there is times you may be asked to nuet capitals yet fire on convents so listen to orders closely.

I wont go into large scale capital fights at this time.

During pos hits its simple. You bunch up around the dreads (unless your a sniper) and add your pitiful damage per second (DPS) to theirs to help the job get done faster and get the Capitals off the field asap.

Let me make this clear unless your told other wise by the Capital FC you are never ever to leave the dreads alone. Their may be times the capital FC is not the fleet FC but the choice to abandon caps is for a cleared Capital FC alone to make.

Triage Carriers (CT)

This is the type of cap that you will probably see the most often Triage Carriers are meant to support Battle ship (BS) and Battle cruiser (BC) fleets.

When in Triage (IT)  the same rules apply as a IS dread the difference being while IT a carrier has 0 dps but can rr a lot better, lock faster then Koffies Phobos and cant be jammed. The time of the cycle at the time of writing is ten minutes. Once again the Capital FC alone will make the decision to enter/re-enter triage.

If you have Triage in fleet and need armour or shield or cap (depending on Carrier Nids will have Armour and shield as will most Thannys Archons will have Armour and Cap and I'm yet to see a triage chrim.) you use your broadcasts you DO NOT scream “I'm going down rep me” on vent you broadcast once and wait for the loving.

Your job during this isn't just to sit there and have a ubar tank. It is to kill the targets by following your orders and listening to primary's. I suggest you orbit the carrier but always always stay within 45km (this is lvl4 rr range)

Once again you never ever leave the carrier unless the Capital FC orders you out. Most Triage pilots know that pressing the button normally means the end of their caps but still apply.

Non Triage carrier (CC)

Non triage carriers are used when you need both rep and dps.

Same as above but they have lock time so bear this in mind and broadcast early.

They may now and then assign fighters to you if they do these will appear in your drone window. If the carrier is not on gate you watch them and as soon as they start taking damage you return control.

Just same as above follow orders stay close to the carrier and never ever leave it without the Capital FC saying so.  And stay within 45km.