Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ladette Russeot is a Gallentean woman who in YC106, at age 17, hacked the code used by deadspace warp beacons that had been proclaimed unhackable just days before.

Author Topic: Anslo So Far  (Read 1284 times)

Anslol

Anslo So Far
« on: 20 Feb 2013, 11:45 »

I want to gauge public opinion of Anslo ICly and how he has thus far presented himself. Most have seen by now that something is up with his arms and chest. Those of you who have interacted with him more in RP events, please don't give anything away, but your opinion would be welcome.

So, opinions? Critiques? If you just come in to say "no he sucks, too much special snowflake," don't waste your time. I started his RP background knowing people would say that and I'm not changing it because some people don't like that. We have unique opportunities presented to us in Eve to craft a great and interesting story around our characters and world and I intend to take those opportunities.

Now if you have critiques about how to lessen what may be seen as blatant snowflake syndrome, I will happily accept those.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Anslo So Far
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2013, 11:54 »

I heard something about you firing cannons one handed?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Anslol

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2013, 12:04 »

I heard something about you firing cannons one handed?

Erm, not one handed....the GEK cannon thing two handed. Anslo isn't THAT augmented. He isn't superman. And he could fire it, but it'd still hurt him.

[mod]Snipped response to a post that was catacombed while you were writing this one. -Morwen[/mod]
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2013, 12:27 by Morwen Lagann »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2013, 13:24 »

Anslo is not someone who I've had much detailed experience with IC. From what I can see of him, he's an alright lad.

He's a bit loud by comparison to some of the more reserved capsuleers, and if I'm understanding this right, he justifies his lack of self-control by saying everyone else is egotistical. I actually like that subtle psychology touch you gave him. It makes his issues believable, because even the character has justified it with something that almost makes sense. Of course, maybe I am misinterpreting.

I haven't noticed anything odd about his chest and arms though. Probably wasn't watching when you mention it in RP.

Anslol

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2013, 13:33 »

Anslo is not someone who I've had much detailed experience with IC. From what I can see of him, he's an alright lad.

He's a bit loud by comparison to some of the more reserved capsuleers, and if I'm understanding this right, he justifies his lack of self-control by saying everyone else is egotistical. I actually like that subtle psychology touch you gave him. It makes his issues believable, because even the character has justified it with something that almost makes sense. Of course, maybe I am misinterpreting.

I haven't noticed anything odd about his chest and arms though. Probably wasn't watching when you mention it in RP.

I was referencing the black and grey bandages he's always wrapped in. Picture something like you'd see on a mummy, thin strips of cloth. Like that.

And thanks for the psychological nod. I did that on purpose. There's so many stuff capsuleers that I thought a laid back one could help make things interesting. Not everyone has to be so uptight D:

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2013, 20:22 »

From appearances, Anslo is very naive. This entertains me OOC but makes my toon roll his eyes IC. It remains to be seen how long it can last and if so, how it breaks, or even how deep it goes.

I'll tell you more when/if I get more impressions/experiences to share.

Anslol

« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2013, 14:43 »

From appearances, Anslo is very naive. This entertains me OOC but makes my toon roll his eyes IC. It remains to be seen how long it can last and if so, how it breaks, or even how deep it goes.

I'll tell you more when/if I get more impressions/experiences to share.

The eyerolls were what I was going for haha. Anyone else?

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2013, 14:48 »

[mod]Friendly thread move, this thread seems primarily to be about your character's development. It's better suited for this forum area than the OOC Summit.[/mod]
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Anslol

« Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2013, 15:07 »

But no one will see it D:....fine..

Wait you move and don't comment? HOW DARE YOU!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2013, 15:39 »

But no one will see it D:....fine..

Wait you move and don't comment? HOW DARE YOU!

And that's why general discussion usually has everything in it on every forum, and not in their appropriate subforum. /rageonlymoderatorswouldunderstand

Also, your character generally exists outside of my awareness so I have nothing meaningful to add.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation