Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PIE Inc. (also known more formally as Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris) is the oldest pod-pilot corporation loyal to the Amarr Empire? Read more here

Author Topic: Complete Utter and Total Bravo Sierra  (Read 908 times)

Alizabeth

• Egger
Complete Utter and Total Bravo Sierra
« on: 18 Feb 2013, 21:09 »

So, someone makes a character, claims a distant (really distant: cousin 9th removed).  In practical terms, this means nothing.  My 5 greats uncle was the vice president of the CSA.  I'm also descended from William Bradford.  Does this mean anything practically?  Nope(.jpg).

Yet, the first thing someone posts is a "I checked in the records" (which a player cannot do!) "and you're not there."

If someone is claiming to be the daughter of Heth, or the Empress or any other key character, fine, yes, call BS.  But for a relation that removed?  That sort of thing, in my completely unhumble opinion, is godmodding.   

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
Re: Complete Utter and Total Bravo Sierra
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2013, 21:11 »

Actually, claiming such a heritage is godmodding as well. Reasonable godmodding, sure, but godmodding none the less.

Then again, 90 % of any character's given background is godmodding, as none can proof to be what they claim. So I don't really see it bad to claim to be what she claims to be.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2013, 21:14 »

There are plenty of people that claim to be a minor part of the Sarum family, or Kador or what not.  Assuming that the character is not claiming that their background means they get to speak for the Sarum family or what not (I'm the Empress's favorite niece! or so such) then, what's the problem?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2013, 21:26 »

[mod]Calling another player's RP bullshit, however incorrect you feel it is, is not not allowed. Feel free to re-post constructively. How you (and your character) might handle it if someone said something you felt wasn't supported, that kind of thing. Please review the FAQ for some tips on posting constructively.[/mod]