Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Contest] Inspiracy Grand Opening Contest! Poll up!  (Read 8990 times)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

Twisted metals shapes of at least ten other ships floated in space, creating a curtain of melted broken metal.

The powerful form of a Raven class Battleship surged through the wreckage, completely unharmed from the carnage surrounding it.

The scence flashed white, and was gone.

“Well done Lieutenant, that’s the highest score in that scenario recorded in the last ten years”

The crisp form of Senior Instructor Ryaln Vilberin stood over the simulator and the crew that operating the simulated Raven.

They all snapped to attention and saluted in thanks.

“And you, Engineer Utalola, that was an extremely impressive display of your knowledge and capability of defensive systems.”

“Thank you sir’

“Good enough to attract the attention of certain Capsuleer parties.”

He smiled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Chief! We have fires on decks five and seven!”

“Deploy emergency nano-repair systems, give me direct control of all defensive systems on this blasted ship!”

“Sir yes sir!”

Now, to save this stupid capsuleers arse and make sure we all live to see the next station.
Did I mention I hate armour systems?.

His hands flew across his command centre, routing and re-routing defences to pre-empt and repair incoming damage, the armour nearly buckling but the overheated repair systems working to the powerful projectile rounds from shearing apart the great golden hull of the Paladin.

Sweat poured down his face as the armour slowly whittled away to nothing, straining himself to bring even the most minute amount of efficiency out of the repair systems

Come on you bastard! Get us out of here!

The readout for the armour hit zero and his heart missed a beat.
“NO NO NO NO!”

Then there was nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Engineer Utalola?”
“What, where am I?”

The large form of a Khanid man, mearly a foot taller than the others in the room, stood at the end of his bed?

“Am I with the Ancestors now?”

A soft chuckle from the large man which, to his ears was surprisngly soft and warm.

“No, you are still alive and it seems I have you to thank for keeping myself and our crew alive.”

“Our crew?”

“Yes, I am your Capsuleer and I am offering you a full time position as my Chief Engineering Officer”

It took a moment to sink in.

He smrked a little before replying “It means more armour systems doesn’t it?”

The Khanid laughed openly “Yes, I suppose it does.”

Arkiras sighed then nodded “I’ll do it”

The Khanid offered him a hand, which he took and shook firmly

“Welcome aboard then, I’ll see you in Hangar 13-b, Theta level”

“Thank you sir.”

The large man shook his head before he walked out “No, thank you”

[I hope I wasn't too late! C'mon now eh eh eh? :D]
« Last Edit: 19 May 2010, 20:58 by Mathra Hiede »

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

Contest is closed (has been for a little more than 24 hours).

If judges will go ahead and pick. I think I'm going to reduce the number each judge picks to 1, given that there weren't as many entries as expected.  :)

Once all the judges post their picks here, I'll start a poll for a week to pick the winners.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: [Contest] Inspiracy Grand Opening Contest!
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2010, 05:23 »

"Suosio Songenshi." The knot-tailed Civire woman who took a seat on the only empty chair in the room was short, young, in ridiculous good shape and very blonde.

My pick.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki

Crew chief Marcob Zammer pressed his hands against the console, staring into the holo screen, watching his daughter skipping rope at their house on Amarr Prime.

My choice

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
Re: [Contest] Inspiracy Grand Opening Contest!
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2010, 20:25 »

Oh, hey there, good morning.  Name's Haakon.  Good to meet you.  

You're not... the guy are you...?  

Okay, good.  I didn't think so, but sometimes those pod jockeys go out of their way to blend in.  You never know.  

My pick.

One cubic centimeter of refined tritanium.

Yea, it's all part of the contract, but we drew the smiley face on it.  The boss' idea...

Not exactly sure why, but this was really funny to me. :P

EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
Re: [Contest] Inspiracy Grand Opening Contest! Judging phase.
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2010, 16:30 »

Crew chief Marcob Zammer pressed his hands against the console, staring into the holo screen, watching his daughter skipping rope at their house on Amarr Prime

Definitely my pick.

Though as it was already picked if we are looking for contents of a poll as compared to the judges simply picking a winner, my second pick to fill out the poll would be this:

When I set out to buy and sell livestock I didn’t think I would need to hire someone specific. However, after the minor incident with the GSC and nearly four thousand head of cattle, I realized that some specific talent was needed. So that night during the largest beef cookout ever to happen in Amarr space, I looked for someone that would be willing to handle the, usually, live cargo.

Because Stacker's little blurb was hilarious and made him somewhat endearing. I actually felt bad (although laughed) to find out he liquified himself.

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #21 on: 02 Jun 2010, 12:00 »

Thank you for the nomination!

When is the judging complete?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #22 on: 02 Jun 2010, 12:10 »

It's complete now, I'll have the poll up later today  :)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Re: [Contest] Inspiracy Grand Opening Contest! Poll up!
« Reply #24 on: 09 Jun 2010, 18:13 »

Congrats, Shalee Lianne!  :D

Three way tie for runner-up?!

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #25 on: 09 Jun 2010, 19:59 »

Alright, Shalee is the winner. I've put it up for another week for second and third to be decided among the remaining 3.  :D

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #26 on: 15 Jun 2010, 21:20 »

That wraps things up! Vieve and Ken will be getting their money. The folks that volunteered to donate can send the ISK to me if they'd like, as I've already sent Vieve a lump sum, and will be doing the same with Ken as soon as I can remember his IG actual character name.

Edit: And money sent to Ken too.  :D

Next time - and there will be a next time - I will try and promote it a little better   :)
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2010, 21:22 by Silver Night »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #27 on: 15 Jun 2010, 21:41 »

Ooh, flashing wallet--thank you two other people who voted for me!  8)  Silver Night, I'd be happy to put up 100m ISK to help sponsor the next, even more widely promoted, contest.

Vieve

« Reply #28 on: 15 Jun 2010, 22:15 »

Yay, monies!

Thank you to everyone who voted!
Pages: 1 [2]