Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Caldari Arc  (Read 20229 times)

Desiderya

Re: Caldari Arc
« Reply #60 on: 27 Feb 2013, 14:19 »

Rawr. Nice.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #61 on: 27 Feb 2013, 16:47 »

And people said it was crazy for the Chairwoman of a Kaalakiota affiliated PMC to call into question the management of the company by its CEO.

Desiderya

« Reply #62 on: 27 Feb 2013, 17:21 »

She only did that to get imprisoned in the greasedome, though.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #63 on: 01 Mar 2013, 13:48 »

Home Guard and State Peacekeepers attack defenseless protestors. CONCORD intervenes too late.

Apparently the protestors' security opened fire first during the planet-side riots. The freighters and their passengers however did not undertake any violent action.

Heth has distanced himself and says he's going to launch an investigation.

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
« Reply #65 on: 01 Mar 2013, 14:45 »

Home Guard and State Peacekeepers attack defenseless protestors. CONCORD intervenes too late.

Apparently the protestors' security opened fire first during the planet-side riots. The freighters and their passengers however did not undertake any violent action.

State Peacekeepers open fire with "non-lethal" fire first.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #67 on: 01 Mar 2013, 22:29 »

Aquila Shadow

• Totally not a spy
  • Clonejack
« Reply #68 on: 01 Mar 2013, 23:46 »

State Peacekeepers open fire with "non-lethal" fire first.

Live rounds are a bit of a step up from less then lethal.

Vikarion

« Reply #69 on: 02 Mar 2013, 04:34 »

I'm participating in this as much as I can, with as much goodwill as I can muster, but I do confess that I still expect that it will just turn out to be CCP doing their best to wreck the State some more.

I know that some of my fellow Caldari RPers were encouraged by statements such as "we understand that the factions haven't been portrayed fairly" and etc, but I would suggest that they consider the distinct possibility that CCP thinks that they've portrayed the Caldari too well.

As well, I would have them note that CCP has constructed the fiction such that, no matter the efforts on the Caldari side in FW, the consequences of our fighting are portrayed as bad for the State. For example:

When FOOM took some of Black Rise for the Gallente, then lost it -> CCP lore states that the Fed conducted a scorched earth retreat, leaving BR a wasteland.

When Caldari took all systems -> Megas foolishly invested in those systems, then lost everything when systems were retaken 8 months or so later -> recession in the State. No positives for the State.

When Gallente took all systems -> more trouble for the State, Megas suffered more losses, etc. Caldari Prime situation becomes more precarious, Heth consolidates power, begins campaigns against State citizens on the ground.

Since we've taken most systems -> Tibus Heth going (more) nuts and killing State citizens for fun and...well, not profit.  :P  Gallente get rock concerts and continue to plan the retaking of Caldari Prime.

I think it needs to be clear to Caldari RPers that we should not be expecting positive outcomes for our faction. It may happen, but prior history and current story suggests that we have been and will continue to be the designated villain, continuing to perform standard villainous actions for the benefit of the heroes of the setting. I'm not trying to be negative, so much as I want to caution against enthusiasm. Even if we somehow get rid of Heth, our faction is not going to be portrayed positively, and the most we can hope for by our actions in FW is to constrain CCP from a litany of continual defeats in the news, due to incongruity with in-space actions.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #70 on: 02 Mar 2013, 09:01 »

A stupid noob question, what are: State Peacekeepers? I found Expert Intervention, but havent found them here. :cry:

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.*/State is the coldest of all cold monsters.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
« Reply #71 on: 02 Mar 2013, 09:12 »

A stupid noob question, what are: State Peacekeepers? I found Expert Intervention, but havent found them here. :cry:

They're a regular NPC corp that you can't join at all (even in DUST). Look it up in game. It's doesn't have a description though.

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.*/State is the coldest of all cold monsters.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #72 on: 02 Mar 2013, 14:49 »

So now Heth is saying that the State can just take the territory the megacorporations paid for before in the auction?  And they are "investigating legal alternatives"?

I sincerely hope that is code for "figuring out how many nuclear weapons it takes to turn Tibus Heth's headquarters into a fine mist" or I'm going to be very upset. The State's enforcement authority for this is...what? Even if Tibus Heth was legally in the right, the State government doesn't have the force to back up a giant landgrab. :P

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #73 on: 02 Mar 2013, 15:50 »

So now Heth is saying that the State can just take the territory the megacorporations paid for before in the auction?  And they are "investigating legal alternatives"?

I sincerely hope that is code for "figuring out how many nuclear weapons it takes to turn Tibus Heth's headquarters into a fine mist" or I'm going to be very upset. The State's enforcement authority for this is...what? Even if Tibus Heth was legally in the right, the State government doesn't have the force to back up a giant landgrab. :P

Holy shit. Here it comes.

The Megas are turning against Heth. Even Lai Dai has issued a statement against him!

Vikarion

« Reply #74 on: 02 Mar 2013, 19:45 »

Holy shit. Here it comes.

The Megas are turning against Heth. Even Lai Dai has issued a statement against him!

What do you mean, "even Lai Dai"? The Patriots hate Heth, probably more than any other State faction. (According to the state of the cluster document released after FW started).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12