Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (The Burning Life, p. 59)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Caldari Arc  (Read 20366 times)

Hamish Grayson

Re: Caldari Arc
« Reply #120 on: 08 Mar 2013, 06:45 »

That's really a cool idea.   Although I rather see the State funding the Gurista and the Fed the Serps.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #121 on: 10 Mar 2013, 10:39 »

http://community.eveonline.com/news/newsFromEve.asp?of=true&newsTitle=provists-arrest-at-least-five-executives-supposed-federation-operatives

[spoiler]
Provists arrest at least five executives, supposed Federation operatives
reported by CCP Eterne | 2013-03-10T03:09:00Z

New Caldari – Five executives, two of whom had recently resigned from their posts as part of a State-wide protest against the policies of State Executor Tibus Heth, have been arrested by the Caldari Provincial Directorate under charges of espionage and treason. The executives were all arrested shortly after 13:00 EST in a coordinated raid.

Two of the executives, former-Wiyrkomi vice president Ikane Hadonei and former-Sukuuvestaa CTO Genkarhaadan Nineven, had resigned as part of the mass-resignation that occurred last week. Nineven in particular had been exceedingly harsh in his denouncement of the Heth regime following his resignation, telling reporters in an interview, “The State is no longer the place I was born into. The 'meritocratic reforms' are a lie. Leaving my position was an incredibly difficult decision, but when I saw others doing it, I knew I couldn't sit by any more. If the cowardly CEP is happy to let our culture and way of life be destroyed, then I am tired of yelling into deaf ears. Better to take my wealth, go somewhere else, and make a better place for true Caldari.”

Nineven was reportedly arrested following a raid on his suite which left three members of his security staff hospitalized. Ikane Hadonei was arrested in the middle of an interview with Zoar and Sons. The other three executives, Mecantile Club Chief Procurement Officer Okkala Sahola, State and Region Bank's Chief Commercial Officer Sandere Lourdhen, and CBD Sell Division's Public Relations Officer Evvlynne Deermin were arrested in their corporate offices.

The Provists initially refused to release any statements on the arrests or even acknowledge their occurrence, but shortly before press time issued a short bulletin saying, “These high-profile individuals were identified by our investigations as having ties to Federation intelligence and being involved in a prolonged plan to destabilize the State government.”

CBD Sell Division released a statement saying, “We take accusations of treason and espionage very seriously. We will cooperate fully with investigators to uncover the full truth.” Meanwhile, both the Mercantile Club and State and Region Bank have put their full support behind the arrested executives, promising the weight of their legal divisions in defending the accused.

Rumors have claimed that others, particularly those involved in the mass resignations, have been arrested, but none have been confirmed.
[/spoiler]

Everyone who is against Heth may now be accused of being a Spy for the Federation ?
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #122 on: 10 Mar 2013, 12:35 »

Great purge ?

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #123 on: 10 Mar 2013, 12:36 »

Saw that one coming from a mile away.

Probably like how anyone advocating peace with the Caldari in the Federation is going to be nominally labeled as well. Odd parallels, eh?

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #124 on: 10 Mar 2013, 16:20 »

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #125 on: 10 Mar 2013, 17:09 »

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #126 on: 10 Mar 2013, 18:18 »

I read that Svetlana's character on IGS pointed out Heth's politicization of the State as one of his many character faults. The truth is though -- and the reason behind me referencing Monty Python -- is that everything is political. Everything is the Way It Is because it comes down to human interaction and consensus. A state doesn't need to be a democracy for this to be true.

I think it's pretty cool.  :D

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #127 on: 22 Mar 2013, 10:01 »

Those of you posting the logs from local chat for this event on IGS, are awesome.  :cube:

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #128 on: 25 Mar 2013, 18:38 »

Oh look Ishukone are the "heroes" again.

It is to be expected, those collaborating Gallente-loving half-breeds.   ;)

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #129 on: 25 Mar 2013, 18:42 »

Ishukone: Cool Dudes & Dudettes

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #130 on: 25 Mar 2013, 18:52 »

Oh look Ishukone are the "heroes" again.

It is to be expected, those collaborating Gallente-loving half-breeds.   ;)

Now now, don't be jealous...

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #131 on: 25 Mar 2013, 21:07 »

Oh look Ishukone are the heroes again.

Yep.  :D

Vikarion

« Reply #132 on: 25 Mar 2013, 21:12 »

*grumble*

(It's expected of me)

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #133 on: 25 Mar 2013, 23:03 »

Saving Intaki from the resource rapesquad at the cost of near bankruptcy has it's advantages.

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #134 on: 25 Mar 2013, 23:07 »

Well, good.  Ishukone exists solely for the twin purposes of negotiating rationally with the Federation and giving Hyasyoda an ass to kiss.
Formerly Simon Coal.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12