Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Minmatar Arc 2.0  (Read 2671 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Minmatar Arc 2.0
« on: 15 Feb 2013, 13:49 »

Relevant kick starter : Minmatar Tribal Leaders have a field trip to Matar

For this thread, please focus on the storyline material as your center point. If you must cite events, try to keep it limited to their relevancy to the story. In general, posters should expect to talk about the Minmatar ongoing story arc and not the results of players for one particular event.

"Oh yeah they said something about a Tribal cultural bit here," is fine.

"Nah some people just bump griefed the freighter the whole time," can go in another thread.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Minmatar Arc 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2013, 14:00 »

does someone have a log of what Shakor said in his speech ?
\o/

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2013, 14:52 »

does someone have a log of what Shakor said in his speech ?

Here - http://pastebin.com/3bhLmx05

Im to lazy to delete the rest of the spam between the lines

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2013, 16:01 »

Well, a Minmatar meeting place is known as a "caravansarai", which were sanctuaries, watering holes, and meeting-places for wandering merchants and nomadic tribes across the middle and near east, and along the Silk Road.

Interesting.

So, perhaps, that hints to a society which is still more or less nomadic by nature.

Very interesting.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2013, 16:14 »

It's interesting that the delegate for the Nefantar seems to be religious while his new chief seems to be a hard-line tribalist.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2013, 16:31 »

Well it seems that Shakor had a role in the selection of the chief. So it makes sense that a tribalist would be selected. I don't know where you saw that they were a hard-liner. I only saw that he had facilitated transport of tribalists out of the Mandate. That could mean he was just a sympathizer in a position of power.

I wonder if the capsuleer representatives were selected by the tribes themselves. If so that could suggest that a significant number of the nefantar  in the Republic, (or at least of their leadership), are members of, or tolerant of, the Amarr faith. Or alternatively it could just represent a struggle for identity within the tribe.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2013, 16:32 »

It's interesting that the delegate for the Nefantar seems to be religious while his new chief seems to be a hard-line tribalist.

Probably a political appointment. Much like with Presidents choosing opposing VPs, the delegate was chosen to appeal to the other half of the constituency.

That is, of course, assuming that kind of thing is important in Minmatar governing.
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2013, 16:34 by Samira Kernher »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2013, 03:54 »

I do not find it so surprising to see hardliners getting along with religious types.

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2013, 05:39 »

One thing to remember is that each of the ships were carrying delegations, not delegates. There was more than just the capsuleer piloting it aboard going to the council meeting.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2013, 06:07 »

Question: what is the likely outcome here.  The Minmatar get a new government and then what?

Example: When the US invaded Afghanistan and kicked out the Taliban, the Afghans formed a new government (took a looooong time) and didn't really work well with the Coalition troops that were trying to continue to fight the insurgent Taliban. 

Is it possible that the Minmatar and the Gallente will go their separate ways?
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2013, 00:49 by Isis »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb 2013, 12:24 »

Adding new and relevant News articles: http://community.eveonline.com/news/newsFromEve.asp?of=true&newsTitle=wave-of-enthusiasm-sweeps-minmatar-space

Wave of enthusiasm sweeps Minmatar space
reported by CCP Eterne | 2013-02-20T14:04:48Z

Pator – Following the historic commencement of the Tribal Council, enthusiasm and excitement is at an all time high inside the Republic. Opinion polls have found that people are more optimistic about the future of the Republic than at any other time in its history, including the previous high shortly after the naming of Maleatu Shakor as Sanmatar in YC110.

“We are marching toward a unified future,” said Tobias Efrit, a former parliamentarian for the Krusual Tribe who has been placed in charge of overseeing the tribe's trade assembly. “The tribes shall always remain distinct, but now we are moving towards unity under a Tribal Council that shall enable us to govern efficiently without conflict and political backbiting.”

Kyrak Stollyk, secretary of the Trust Partners Council of Caravans, agreed with those sentiments. “There were four tribes working together before with three tribes returning to the fold. There have been difficult hurdles to overcome even in getting to this point, but we overcame them. The Minmatar people have overcome so much, it is impossible to believe we won't overcome these last few disagreements to make ourselves the greatest nation in New Eden.”

“Already there is much progress across the Republic,” said Olaufin Jastl, a religious advisor to Starkmanir chief Jeoran Setul. “Tolerance and acceptance between the tribes is greater than ever. We can now begin the task of rebuilding what generations of infighting has destroyed. Schools, hospitals, churches... We must bring these to even the most impoverished of areas, not just the core worlds.”

“We must not forget that many of our brothers and sisters remain enslaved,” reminded Domash Kroil, a member of the Nefantar tribal delegation. “Once the Tribal Council has closed and our new government is underway, we can finally begin a concerted effort to free them from the chains we so recently cast off.”

Sebiestor spiritual leader Vuld Haupt added that he has seen a religious invigoration among his tribe. “In the past few days, I have heard more young people talking about becoming shamans and adopting our great customs than ever before. It is a wondrous time to be Minmatar.”
An elder leader of the Brutor Tribe, Raelan Kahoku, was also impressed by the cultural leaps the Minmatar have been taking. “I know the Brutor do not have the reputation as artists, but I have seen many great things in the past few days from my tribesmen. Photography, song, dance, even a few sculptures. There is an outpouring of pride in being Minmatar.”

But perhaps best summing up sentiments was Yuce Velkhamme, a member of the Vherokior Tribe's mercantile board. “I am proud to be Minmatar.”

God dammit, I was hoping for fist fights in the parliment  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2013, 12:32 »

That one's a few days old, though the enthusiasm has seemingly been reverberating throughout the capsuleer community as well. TLF has been winning in the Amarr-Minmatar front ever since the Minmoot. <.<

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2013, 13:27 »

EVE has conditioned me to look at all the different things the different reps want to foster, and wince. ;)

But yes, having movement on this plotline is fantastic. I can hope that there'll be a bit of a chance to work things out in more peaceful ways for a while (before the nigh-inevitable riots about those Starkmanir building their churches in our Sebi neighbourhood).

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2013, 16:45 »

In other news, Shakor was seen riding off into the sunset on the back of a unicorn...
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 25 Feb 2013, 08:49 »

It seems like CCP has stopped inventing new random names for popvox commentary. All of the names in that article, including Chief Setul, have appeared in previous news arcs.
Pages: [1] 2