Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "Perfection ain't all it's cracked up to be" is an Angel Cartel saying? (Region Description)

Author Topic: Ancient Races  (Read 1825 times)

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Ancient Races
« on: 05 May 2010, 05:22 »

So now we know a lot about the sleepers, has there been any new stuff surfacing about the other ancient races? Most Notably the Takmahl, Talocan and Yan Jung. Evelopedia is decidedly lacking. I've read a few bits whilst browsing the market about how race abc was a master of xyz, but this really isn't very helpful.
Additionally, whilst on this topic, who the frak are the Enheduanni? I've not read EA, and don't intend to so feel free to throw spoilers at me. From what I can tell they seem to be some kind of galactic illuminati.

Ta'
-Milo

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Ancient Races
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2010, 07:03 »

I don't recall much about Enheduanni (sp?) in TEA. I think they're in Theodicy, though.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2010, 07:57 »

So now we know a lot about the sleepers, has there been any new stuff surfacing about the other ancient races? Most Notably the Takmahl, Talocan and Yan Jung. Evelopedia is decidedly lacking. I've read a few bits whilst browsing the market about how race abc was a master of xyz, but this really isn't very helpful.

Of these, the only one that is directly related to the 5 main races is the Takmahl, who are an offshoot of the Amarr empire. This places their "fall" much more recently than the other three lost races, who I believe are said to have died between the collapse of the EVE gate and the large-scale reexpansion into space by the four younger empires.

Additionally, whilst on this topic, who the frak are the Enheduanni? I've not read EA, and don't intend to so feel free to throw spoilers at me. From what I can tell they seem to be some kind of galactic illuminati.

Ta'
-Milo

'Space illuminati' is a good way of putting it, although I prefer the term "giant freaking plot device".
We don't know much about the Enheduanni, aside from that that can A, teleport evidently anywhere they want without being traced, B, they can excersize a limited form of mind control or subconscious suggestion, and C, are capable of creating sleeper agents which are indinguishable from normal human beings aside from being absolutely loyal to the Enheduanni and carrying some sort of FTL beacon which evidently tells the Enheduanni whn the sleeper agent's job is done (exactly why the Enheduanni don't just teleport there and watch the job get done isn't clear).
What's less outright clear but extremely heavily hinted at is the Enheduanni being incorporeal as well
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2010, 12:10 »

There's next to no mention of most of the ancient races outside of the COSMOS constellations.

Sleepers and Talocan there's a bit more about, from wormhole space stuffs.

Takhmal were from Amarr Prime, and were exiled somewhere around 2000 years ago

Yan Jung were original Terran/Milky Way side colonists. One of the gallente cosmos missions mentions this, and talks about "the middle kingdom", which puts them as Chinese or colonists from a Chinese settled world.

\o/