Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the top-heavy, curved, vertical design of the Naglfar was copied from Minmatar totems? Read more in the description

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need a cute little RP newbie  (Read 3277 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: I need a cute little RP newbie
« Reply #15 on: 31 Jan 2013, 20:29 »

Missed self-moderation by a few minutes. Oh well.

Isis, are there any other EVE news sites that can provide what yours do?

Also, for the record: Humor is a very subjective thing. What some might think is very witty humor, others might and can take offense to. Keep this in mind for the future.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #16 on: 31 Jan 2013, 21:14 »

I don't write for any other Eve news site.  Therefore, I feel no obligation to even be close to objective.  In all sincerity, our coverage was the industry best for Asakai.  We have amazing writers, amazing editors and well, The Mittani (*swoons*) to lead us.  We are and will continue to be the best place to get gaming news related to Eve Online.  (We even cover other games that Eve players like to play: WOT, LOL, MWO, PS2, etc.)

I have a horrible sense of humor.  It's what keeps me from jumping off a bridge.  *Shrugs*  It's the nature of humor that someone is gong to get offended.  I'm sorrie if that happens, but I'm not going to change who I am for someone else.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 31 Jan 2013, 22:18 »

Missed self-moderation by a few minutes. Oh well.

Isis, are there any other EVE news sites that can provide what yours do?

Also, for the record: Humor is a very subjective thing. What some might think is very witty humor, others might and can take offense to. Keep this in mind for the future.

What exactly is offensive about somebody taking pride in their own social group? Even if you believe their pride to be completely misplaced, as long as they're not being directly derisive toward anyone else, what is there to be offended about? To me it seems like the equivalent of taking offense at somebody's firm conviction that their favorite sports team is "the best".

Finding it silly, even irritating, is perfectly understandable, but offensive? Come on.

Isis hasn't actually been rude to anybody in here, as far as I've seen. Certainly not in this thread. Why can't the same be true in reverse?
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 01 Feb 2013, 01:19 »

The two last lines of my last post are not related to each other, they cover two different topics.

I asked Isis first if there were any other sites out there that cover EVE related news and this was "answered" now by Isis by not providing an answer at all. That's fine. If I cared enough I could go and look, see if there was any other site out there I could read for EVE-related news. In the meantime Isis can be as happy as can be with the one site we have been told of, as proud of it as is desired, and as infatuated with Mittens as is desired. Neither that nor the details about that site is what I asked for, but it's what I got. That's fair enough.

The second and entirely unrelated part was a simple objective statement of fact - humor is subjective and differs from person to person, and some might take offense where others find it quite humorous - I reminded Isis to keep this in mind for the future. That was all. I did not ask for anything to be changed in any way, least of all Isis' sense of humor.

This misunderstanding should now be cleared up.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 01 Feb 2013, 01:37 »

The only other eve news site is EveNews24.com

For comparison:
Their breaking news: http://evenews24.com/2013/01/27/breaking-hbc-eve-vs-goonswarm-and-co-brawl-going-on-right-now/
Their after battle write up: http://evenews24.com/2013/01/28/battle-report-video-super-sunday-kicks-off-a-week-earlier-as-the-biggest-eve-fight-in-years-explodes-in-asakai/

Our breaking news: http://themittani.com/news/breaking-massive-super-fight-asakai-lowsec
our writeup: http://themittani.com/news/asakai-aftermath-all-over-cobalt-moon
Video post: http://themittani.com/media/pretty-lights-video-battle-asakai
Interview with CCP Veritas: http://themittani.com/features/asakai-post-mortem-interview-ccp-veritas

The CCP Devblog over the Battle of Asakai (And the RvB Frigate helldeathmurder): http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74227

And that's the last time I'm ever giving Riverini hits.  Ever.

Not only should you read each article, but read the comments.  I hope this answers your question regarding Eve news sites.
I'd be interested to know your opinion of each after you have read the links.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2013, 01:40 by Isis »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #20 on: 01 Feb 2013, 02:30 »

I keep telling myself not to post in any of your threads... but I'll do it this one time, again.

Isn't this a bit off topic? Isn't this thread supposed to be about a newbie, not the merits of mittani.com versus EN24? Methinks it's been derailed.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 01 Feb 2013, 02:36 »

I keep telling myself not to post in any of your threads... but I'll do it this one time, again.

Isn't this a bit off topic? Isn't this thread supposed to be about a newbie, not the merits of mittani.com versus EN24? Methinks it's been derailed.

...and that was my bad, sorry. Regardless, the message is send, right? If a young-ish RP'er sees this they will get the message.

I hope.

BTW Isis, thanks for the links. I was strangely under the impression there was more than just 2 sites for EVE news. Weird.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 01 Feb 2013, 02:47 »

Soo she wants indoctrinate that newbie to behave ass her  :bash:

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 01 Feb 2013, 03:06 »

Eh, not totally.  It's not a stretch that a newbie would not know about any of the eve news organizations and a bit of overview as to what TheMittani.com is would be beneficial.

Soo she wants indoctrinate that newbie to behave ass her  :bash:

Actually, I believe that anyone should be able to play with any style they wish.  That is where some of the conflict comes from.  Some people have their set idea of how RP and things should happen . . . and I don't care.

I will happily give advice to anyone, but unless it's just pants on head retarded, like someone saying they are the empress's daughter or some weird poo poo, I'm not going to tell them they are doing it wrong.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2013, 03:10 by Isis »

Uraniae

• Wetgraver
« Reply #24 on: 01 Feb 2013, 14:38 »

If I still actively played I might actually throw Uraniae's name in for the running, if she even qualified.

I may have a bit of a dislike and suspicion of all things moderately related to the Goons, but this does sound like an interesting and worthwhile little endeavor.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 01 Feb 2013, 14:48 »

If I still actively played I might actually throw Uraniae's name in for the running, if she even qualified.

I may have a bit of a dislike and suspicion of all things moderately related to the Goons, but this does sound like an interesting and worthwhile little endeavor.

Well, you're cute, but sadly not a newbie :(

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 03 Feb 2013, 05:12 »

I'm not sure such notoriety would be a positive thing. :/

It's tempting, though.

Jev North

« Reply #27 on: 03 Feb 2013, 05:28 »

I'm not sure such notoriety would be a positive thing. :/

It's tempting, though.
Dooo eeeeet. ^,..,^

Nick Shale

• Clonejack
« Reply #28 on: 06 Feb 2013, 13:48 »

So this is were all you old vets come to play?
If the offer still on I'm up for it.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2013, 14:13 by von Khan »

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #29 on: 06 Feb 2013, 14:19 »

So this is were all you old vets come to play?
If the offer still on I'm up for it.

replace old with bitter and you have a bingo!  I have filled the current newbie slot needed for this article.  If I have any more need, I will repost it.  Also.  Poetry.  Write more.  Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 [2]