Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 512 times)

Kiro Kathora

• Clonejack
  • Sapere aude.
Hello
« on: 05 Jan 2013, 12:13 »

An old Eve-player and friend of mine pursuaded me to join the game half a year ago. After I got started, it was my main occupation during summer, but due to a busy semester I haven't added game time, so currently my account is inactive.

Anyhow, what I like about it is the vastness of the fictional world and the complexity. You need to puzzle and think. In particular I liked exploration/probing. So far I haven't peeked around in the (fan-based) fiction, though, but perhaps that has to do with the fact I read SF and phantasy in the past, while I now think most of it is shallow and one-dimensional (yes, I am critical).

In real-life I'm into humanities a lot (history, semiotics, philosophy, philology, linguistics, you name it). Ten years ago, for instance, I started building my own language and to write fiction, but I after a while I said to myself it was junk, so I quit. Now, since I have some spare time now and then, and because I like to puzzle, I thought to myself: why not joining a forum like this and use the already provided fictional world to start my 'old project' again? So... we'll see.  ;)
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2013, 14:38 »

Welcome to Backstage, not-so-young player ;)

If your into making languages, there are a section here where there are several that players tinker with. Amarrad for instance. Good stuff.

Make yourself comfy in here and get involved, plenty of stuff you might want to get involved with and converse about.

Also pletny of PF sources you can go read, knowing the ins and outs of the back-ground lore is handy.

*EDIT* Nevermind what I just said in the second line xD
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2013, 14:43 by BloodBird »