Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?

Author Topic: Regarding Corp Offices  (Read 697 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Regarding Corp Offices
« on: 29 Dec 2012, 02:11 »

So, recently we in SYNE started to wonder about our physical HQ, where and what would it look like specifically.

We took a look at our station, suggested things but none of us were really sure if we were overstating or understating:

Putting it simply, we were unsure of just how big stations are and if segments larger than an a few rooms could be owned by capsuleer corporations. One problem specifically raised was that if it were the case, surely there'd be no room for baseliners in a place like Rens BTT?

Also, it is said (TonyG) that capsuleers inhabit the tops of stations, but is this open to interpretation? Given that alot of stations are very asymetrical, is this literal of metaphorical, i.e. capsuleer areas are sectionned off and very much nicer.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: Regarding Corp Offices
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2012, 02:26 »

Regarding tops of station, most likely metaphorical. That is particularly true in the Burning Life, Capsuleers exist in their own little super-secure bubble on stations.

I imagine corporate office space to be something that can handle Capsuleers for their rare and infrequent 'in person' meetings. Corporate hangars, on the other hand, are a very curious grey area. In particular, I love exploiting Station Warehouses in corporate hangars for RP locations. Self-contained super environments that can house artificial assemblies quite happily.

All my personal Sansha facilities and such tend to be in them as it by-passes the drama of dealing with station ownership / evasion of security.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: Regarding Corp Offices
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2012, 14:56 »

Space in offices/hangars is clearly an abstraction. As for a physical office, this is something WiS could have answered - though probably they would have, for technological reasons, been smaller than envisioned.

All Aseyakone offices are supposed to have a module hosting guests and personnel staying in the office, and another module for manager accommodation and meetings space - essentially habitation modules (as we can see them in some missions and sites in space) adapted to be transported from station to station, put into corporate (or even personal) hangars and connected to the capsuleer sections of the station. Our main office (distinct from HQ) is probably very crowded (we should probably spread out all of those militants a bit).

We do have one interpretation of capsuleer hangars - namely from The Rite chronicle. Assumably, what with the corp providing habitation module(s) and (as part of the rent,) upkeep, Aseyakone offices should be probably slightly more organized. Though occasionnally, our "livestock" gets misplaced - I still have no idea how that mercenary pilot got stored with the nukes (and ten exotic dancers).