Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Scagga once had a bodyguard by the name of 'cuddles'?

Author Topic: Faction/Sub-Faction Discussions List  (Read 1752 times)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
Faction/Sub-Faction Discussions List
« on: 24 Jan 2013, 11:51 »

Just for the record everyone I've shown this video to in the same context thought it was funny...  :ugh:

If you feel Backstage should have such a high standard in regards to political correctness, please apply the same standards to all comments about amarr stuff.

Lyn Farel

Re: Faction/Sub-Faction Discussions List
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2013, 13:49 »

When I read "left disappointed", it ringed like a serious tone in my head. Then I saw the link and it reeked of troll all over the place, especially considering your habit of doing so, coupled with OOC factional fanatism).

However afterwards, what prevented me to send a report was the doubt : internet forums suck at conveying the intended tone and I thought that maybe it was actually just a joke because you found the video funny or whatever, how unprobable it was.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2013, 13:56 »

Meh, "and left disapointed" is a meme thats almost as old as forums on the internet.

I guess I'll just jot it down to "political correctness" and pro mini/gal bias.

Fun fact of the day: When someone alleges that (only) amarr should be homophobic nobody cares...  :psyccp:

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2013, 13:59 »

I seem to recall that particular thread boiled down to "I really dont think any of them should be, including the Amarr, because dear lord"
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2013, 14:03 »

I seem to recall that particular thread boiled down to "I really dont think any of them should be, including the Amarr, because dear lord"

It's still shocking that someone assumes that the amarr RP community wwould be the ones that'd go out of our way to be homophobes.

There was a similar discussion on the PIE internal forums back in 2007 there which basically boiled down to "closed door society", which is imo the most reasonable interpretation.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2013, 14:07 »

Also the Caldari.  You're tunnelvisioning in on criticism of your chosen faction.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2013, 14:10 »

Also the Caldari.  You're tunnelvisioning in on criticism of your chosen faction.

Yep, good point. I guess it's because you do get tunnel vision after reading the 1billionth "bible belt = amarr" "omg amarr is al'qaida!" "slavery = burning witches!" post. Playing an amarr loyalist and reading the igs for 6 years+ seems to lead to PTSD  :cry: