Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I roleplay Seriphyn now?  (Read 4114 times)

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
Re: How do I roleplay Seriphyn now?
« Reply #15 on: 09 Jun 2010, 12:56 »

@Shae - Good question. He is a violent character that uses aggression more often than not to get what he wants. He might be able to do the responsible thing with the support of others, but I like the sound of overprotective parenting...however, Anette is a character I actually RP, and would be a shame to discourage people RPing with her by Seri scaring them off xD
See, that's where it gets interesting: Overprotective parenting -> rebellious child. Doesn't even have to be the emo-dress-in-black-do-drugs rebellion. Could be the little things, like finding a way to get out and go wandering without Seri noticing. Have the kid turn up in a RP channel somewhere asking people not to tell dad she was there, then after she's gone, a frazzled Seri turns up frantically asking if anyone's seen her. It doesn't really require a lot of effort; just a free evening every once in a while.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: How do I roleplay Seriphyn now?
« Reply #16 on: 19 Jun 2010, 17:42 »

That's definitely something to be used I think, Shae :)

An example of Seri's current behaviour is his increased aggression towards the State. While Seriphyn is not an outright racist (being mixed blood puts that in a difficult position), he does not like the State's aggression to his homeland, and would happily see the megacorporations be declared insolvent. He has said in the past "You can blotch out the State and not twitch an eyelid over the loss of world culture...you couldn't do the same for the Amarr Empire, though". Culturecide is probably more close, as he could care less about the people. If, however, there was no war, his aggression would be focused on, say, the Angels or Serpentis instead.

This is primarily due to the fact that Nation are proving an adversary that is hard to directly act against, so his hate is directed at the State, the other foe of the Federation. Of course, he could see Nation as the extreme of unquestioning collectivism. It was founded by a Caldari after all.

It gives some foundation to his borderline fascism anyway.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2010, 17:44 by Seriphyn »
Pages: 1 [2]