Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Electus Matari lost over 400 members at the start of its war with PIE Inc?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Andreus Writes Everyone A Christmas Present - "The Convention"  (Read 9661 times)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

Alright, so here's the idea. I want to make a Christmas present for all of you showing how much I appreciate you all, so here's my idea. It is an established fact in EVE Online PF that capsuleers have fanbases. Capsuleers in general have billions of fans, enthusiasts and wannabes. Specific capsuleers can have fanbases ranging from hundreds for relatively new faces to hundreds of thousands or millions for well-known, established figures. Every post ever made on the IGS is intensively analysed and scrutinised by the public, and there are message boards in which there are long-running arguments about the long-running arguments we have on message boards.

And what do fandoms do? Fan fiction. Fan art. Cosplay. Conventions. Gallentean society in particular is chock-full of these things, but I would imagine that fandoms exist in all four empires - after all, even the Amarrians have the Paxistas, which is a fandom for print revisions of a theological essay. So what if capsuleers actually went to a convention based around their own fans? What sort of hijinx would ensue? This is primarily an exercise in comedy, and people should be aware of that going into it, but the concept of a collision between capsuleer fandom and reality is very interesting to me.

The basic story conceit is that Andreus has proposed, mostly for his own amusement, an incognito excursion to a large and prestigious capsuleer fandom convention (on a relative scale, think Comicon or Anime Expo), most likely held in a mild low-sec system for "authenticity." The concept is to have a few "wingmen" capsuleers sign up as known guests of honour, while the rest attend under pseudonyms and false identities just for giggles.

This will be at least a partially collaborative effort, since I'll often need to consult with you on how your characters would react to certain situations. The canonicity of this little short is entirely up to you guys, but I'd prefer to write it with an eye to something that at least could have happened, so nothing too whacky or out-there will occur.

N.B. If your character is going dressed as another character, I'd generally like you to get the permission of that character's player first, just to avoid any potential drama.

Current Involved Characters:
Andreus Ixiris (incognito, dressed as himself, under the name "Anatonen Sarabaki," which is a Caldari calque of his name)
Arnulf Ogunkoya (incognito)
Ava Starfire
Bai'xao Meiyi
Graelyn (openly)
Grideris (incognito)
Istvaan Shogaatsu (openly)
Kalaratiri (incognito, dressed as one of the Republic Fleet Firetails)
Katrina Oniseki
Lyn Farel (incognito)
Myrhial Arkenath (incognito, dressed as herself)
Norrin Ellis (openly, and how!)
Pieter Tuulinen (incognito, dressed as Verin "Stitcher" Haktain)
Saede Riordan
Sid Afraldir (openly)
Stitcher (incognito, dressed as Pieter Tuulinen)
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2012, 19:20 by Andreus Ixiris »

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn

I for one, am still deciding whether I should go dressed as Verone, or Norrin. More ideas are welcome.

EDIT: I've decided. I will become the Norrin.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2012, 08:17 by Grideris »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Oh this looks awesome on so many deep and fulfilling levels. This is even better then our characters playing IC D&D. I so want to get involved in this.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain

Ava will likely attend dressed as a "Sid Afraldir" fangirl.

This will be fun.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Morwen would probably get a laugh out of attending this.

Not sure if she'd go as someone else, "herself", incognito, or actually herself, though.

If she went as another capsuleer I can think of one or two she might be able to pull off, though. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

Kat would walk up to a bunch of blonde girls wearing their hair perfectly kept back in white suits. They all watch her carefully.

She stares at them
They stare at her
She stares at them more... narrows eyes.
They narrow eyes back at her.
She frowns.
They frown.
"Katrinas."
"Katrina.""Katrina.""Katrina.""Katrina.""Katrina.""Katrina.""Katrina.""Katrina.""Katrina."

Kat throws her arms open and says, "YOU GUYS ARE GREAT", and they all hug, get some drinks, talk about what life is really like, etc.

Jev North

I'm trying to imagine Jev fangirls and -boys. It's hard. I suspect most of them would be rebellious teenagers of some description..

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

Ahah, sounds bril, I'm in.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

Ahah, sounds bril, I'm in.

And what, pray tell, will you be doing? Making yourself known, or going incognito? And if so, as who? :P

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

There are times and places for incognito, but this isn't one. As for what I'll be doing... surprise me :F

Lyn Farel

Sounds fun. Why not, incognito should do it.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

I laughed so damn hard reading this.  Excellent idea!

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

I shall have to bring my very finest plain brown robe.

(openly, sir!)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Ooo! Ooo! Pick me!

Kala would go dressed as one of the Republic Fleet Firetails :D

Louella (I think, it was definitely one of the nuns. Could have been Synthia though xD) invented them, a group of women in the Republic fleet who all have red hair and all fly Firetails. They also have their own show, and Louella wondered if Kala was one of them. I've been sort of running with it ever since :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain

Ooo! Ooo! Pick me!

Kala would go dressed as one of the Republic Fleet Firetails :D

Louella (I think, it was definitely one of the nuns. Could have been Synthia though xD) invented them, a group of women in the Republic fleet who all have red hair and all fly Firetails. They also have their own show, and Louella wondered if Kala was one of them. I've been sort of running with it ever since :)

Oh, awesome... and player created fiction that should be PF. Firetails... that is win!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6