Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: New Faction Contacts and you! Everyone loves mail; send them some.  (Read 7621 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

I've argued above that if you don't know what to write or are just coming up with topics like "How's the weather?", you're probably doing the actors a favor if you don't write. :) So, no worries.

Also, I'm not jaded, I'm merely realistic, I don't think that the specifics of LFs suggestions have much impact on the point I made. Also, I think it's in most cases a good thing that CCP isn't doing what the (majority of the) players want(s).

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"

A contact for the Society Of Conscious Thought has been added.

Lyn Farel

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

I'd say the best relationship with one of the faction contacts is a professional one. If you have something useful to offer to the faction, you'll have a good time talking to them. Waste their time with idle chit-chat or semi-useful fluff and you won't get much in return. Aldy has mailed one of the contacts on orders from his CEO with a particular goal (forming solid bonds of communication with useful individuals) in mind.

Remember, these contacts are there to facilitate live events and to help direct faction-aligned corps influence the story line through in-game action. They're not going to be doing /sip RP, this is srs bsns blow shit up RP. If you're not going to be in that or be helping that, don't bother, I suppose.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2012, 18:47 by Aldrith Shutaq »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I'd say the best relationship with one of the faction contacts is a professional one. If you have something useful to offer to the faction, you'll have a good time talking to them. Waste their time with idle chit-chat or semi-useful fluff and you won't get much in return. Aldy has mailed one of the contacts on orders from his CEO with a particular goal (forming solid bonds of communication with useful individuals) in mind.

Remember, these contacts are there to facilitate live events and to help direct faction-aligned corps influence the story line through in-game action. They're not going to be doing /sip RP, this is srs bsns blow shit up RP. If you're not going to be in that or be helping that, don't bother, I suppose.

Taunting. Don't forget the glorious, glorious taunting.
 :)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

Fired off a message to the SoCT contact. First time in years I've been bothered to RP, feels like...

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

... sex?  :oops:

Lithium Flower

• Omelette

Dunno... I wouldn't send a message for taunting. Of course, sometimes I can go wild on taunts in local, but just mail someone to taunt? :roll:

Meanwhile I'll continue to pester my faction contacts with other crazy evil ideas  :P Maybe I'll get lucky and it will cause a live event  :lol:

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

... sex?  :oops:

Sigh, if you insist. *unzips*

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Dunno... I wouldn't send a message for taunting. Of course, sometimes I can go wild on taunts in local, but just mail someone to taunt? :roll:

Meanwhile I'll continue to pester my faction contacts with other crazy evil ideas  :P Maybe I'll get lucky and it will cause a live event  :lol:

My favorite reply so far was precisely from a mean-spirited taunting mail I sent to the RKN representative.  Deriding his King and Kingdom, etc.  :(

Lithium Flower

• Omelette

Sigh, if you insist. *unzips*
Lol, no, put that thing away!  :lol:

My favorite reply so far was precisely from a mean-spirited taunting mail I sent to the RKN representative.  Deriding his King and Kingdom, etc.  :(
Now you are seducing me...

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?

Cool.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]