Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fedos are spongy creatures about the size of a cat that smell horrible and are sometimes used for waste disposal on ships? More here!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Retribution PF updates  (Read 2420 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Retribution PF updates
« on: 03 Dec 2012, 14:46 »

CCP seems to have updated with quite a few new items in preparation for the release of Retribution: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Fiction_Portal_credits

Discuss here, or feel free to create discussions of specific new items and I will link them in the op here.

Demographics of the Caldari State

Vuld Haupt
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2012, 22:15 by Silver Night »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: Retribution PF updates
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2012, 15:33 »

I've been reading some of these in between things at work, and they are p. cool!
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2012, 16:11 »

Looking forward to read it thru more, looks nice so far
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2012, 07:58 by Demion Samenel »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2012, 16:47 »

The Amarr one was awesome, especially for cultural relativism (also related, the Amarrian Modern Period article is pretty cool, especially for how the Empire has radically changed after Vak'Atioth and under Heideran, to the point of repeatedly being called an "empire of peace").

Will read the others as soon as I can.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2012, 16:56 »

Slightly dissapointed at the relative lack of Minmatar based information (again :l ) but good stuff overall. The article on the Sebeistor spiritual leader was particularly interesting, especially the bit about his (and by extension some Sebeistor's) attitude to cloning.

Yay :3

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2012, 16:57 »

I like the ambigious nature of large elements of this new stuff, fitting in with the nature of EVE. So much to talk about, really...guess we got a lot of info to go through as Backstage!

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 2012, 17:03 »

I like the ambigious nature of large elements of this new stuff, fitting in with the nature of EVE. So much to talk about, really...guess we got a lot of info to go through as Backstage!

Yeah, that's why I'm suggesting separate discussions for some chunks of it (There was a lot of Gallente stuff, a lot of Amarr stuff, etc).

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 03 Dec 2012, 17:38 »

my jaw dropped 3 stores down.....finally a full description of gallente democracy and government mechanics!!!!

If i ever go to fanfest, i'll give a box of 3 premium chilean wines to the author of that article (ccp abraxas in this case?)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 03 Dec 2012, 17:57 »

I'm still dipping into this but it looks like the (partial?) fruits of Abraxas' lore project, even including information about Amarrian wheat that was mentioned in last year's EON article on that project. I'm torn between fangirl "Squeee!!!!" and bittervet "Meh, it's EVE". :) There's some excellent stuff in there. I would have loved this a year ago. *rueful*

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #9 on: 03 Dec 2012, 18:41 »

The True Power article was very good. I am however leery at the non-chalant PF dump about Sansha's Kuvakei's brain scan being used to direct the True Slaves. That needs some further explanation/removal, as it is it points into several different directions.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #10 on: 03 Dec 2012, 22:17 »

CCP seems to have updated with quite a few new items in preparation for the release of Retribution: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Fiction_Portal_credits

Discuss here, or feel free to create discussions of specific new items and I will link them in the op here.

Vuld Haupt

And just like that, I have a huge load of stuff to read.

Thanks for pointing this out. I am sure I would not have spotted it if it was not brough to my attention, and as a RP'er I want to be as informed on this as I can. ESPECIALLY is it's the kind of things my toon(s) should know about.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #11 on: 04 Dec 2012, 03:42 »

Upon reading more it appears none of the four major nations in Eve are actually nations as we might consider, even if the terminology is used for sake of ease. The Fed was never founded as a nation to begin with because it saw itself as something to transcend them, so it's a "community" of democratic nations under a central economic/military hegemon. The Amarr Empire is five kingdoms that are a product of one civilization's outward expansion. The Caldari State is no more a state than it is a band of eight rebellious megacorporations. Not sure about Minmatar. Concord refers to them as nations because of bureaucracy.

I like it. Gives each its own unique flavour, not earth style nations in space

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 04 Dec 2012, 20:41 »

One of the things I love about these new releases are the increadible debts they go to in most cases - I'm perhaps half-way done reading about the Fed so far, Amarr Empire next, but here's an example;

Gallente-Caldari war. Great details about it's beginning, causes, continuation and eventual end. I especially loved it that all the conclusions I had made based on the available PF so far was proven correct - I had an argument on these very forums once about the supposed 'genocide' of the Caldari - claiming that it wasn't one on an OOC level and hoping more players would agree on this because it seemed few bothered to argue it IC, supposedly just assuming that it was intented to be one.

And here I was proven absolutely correct, on pretty much every point. At some time there is likely going to be a tread about the Fed's history and everything else related to it now available to us as players. I'll save any arguing or conversing about this for then.

Besides, there is so much more to read about...

Publius Valerius

« Reply #13 on: 05 Dec 2012, 14:20 »

Vuld Haupt

Yeep they are really, really great.... still reading tru them.. cant wait. So far a big Huge to the immersion team and abraxes.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Fiction_Portal_credits

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 05 Dec 2012, 20:46 »

Yeep they are really, really great.... still reading tru them.. cant wait. So far a big Huge to the immersion team and abraxes.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Fiction_Portal_credits

THIS^

I don't know if anyone of the people who contributed to this will ever read this, but thanks; this is perhaps the greatest addition to the PF universe I've seen in one-go, thank you so much - you have rocked my world for the last few days reading this, and it WILL help on my (and likely many more people's) RP for years to come.  :cube:
Pages: [1] 2