Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The nation of Jin-Mei is the latest addition to the Federation? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [Idea]A corporation for Oiritsuu loyalists  (Read 6618 times)

Hamish Grayson

Re: [Idea]A corporation for Oiritsuu loyalists
« Reply #15 on: 05 Dec 2012, 08:14 »

Pondering this idea further, there really is a difficulty in the fact that the level at which this sort of corporate politics functions in Kaalakiota is with its shareholders (familial and institutional) and that there is no current in-game means to engage with those characters added to the fact that even though there might be grave disagreement with the reforms of Heth within Kaalakiota, it would not mean that it would lead to outright violentdisagreement. Such matters are again, the concern of the shareholders and the expectation would be to carry out the expected duties in the public arena, especially for those who consider themselves military professionals. The means of dissent would be kept in private to such an extent that externally, the corporation would remain indistinguishable from any other loyal subsidiary of KK.

Oh my god, somebody who gets it!

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #16 on: 05 Dec 2012, 08:45 »

Pondering this idea further, there really is a difficulty in the fact that the level at which this sort of corporate politics functions in Kaalakiota is with its shareholders (familial and institutional) and that there is no current in-game means to engage with those characters added to the fact that even though there might be grave disagreement with the reforms of Heth within Kaalakiota, it would not mean that it would lead to outright violentdisagreement. Such matters are again, the concern of the shareholders and the expectation would be to carry out the expected duties in the public arena, especially for those who consider themselves military professionals. The means of dissent would be kept in private to such an extent that externally, the corporation would remain indistinguishable from any other loyal subsidiary of KK.

Oh my god, somebody who gets it!

+1 to Hamish and Veik.  Gotta agree and the new wiki stuff really does open the doors to all this double speak politicking, while still allowing us to be productive citizens of the State. 

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 05 Dec 2012, 08:52 »

+1 to Hamish and Veik.  Gotta agree and the new wiki stuff really does open the doors to all this double speak politicking, while still allowing us to be productive citizens of the State. 

Years ago, I was trying to walk a fine line between Patriot and Provist on IGS; the subtle difference was lost on most or I didn't portray it very well.  I think John and the folks at I-RED picked up on it and we had the long time shadow war of words.  It is a tough spot to be in.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #18 on: 05 Dec 2012, 09:08 »

Years ago, I was trying to walk a fine line between Patriot and Provist on IGS; the subtle difference was lost on most or I didn't portray it very well.  I think John and the folks at I-RED picked up on it and we had the long time shadow war of words.  It is a tough spot to be in.

I think what I've found both difficult and rewarding in portraying a Caldari character is that in many respects the State has a very rich and subtle undercurrent of corporate politics, social protocols and unwritten cultural norms that almost demands the ability to wear a lot of different masks dependent on context and situation.

There's all kinds of angles that need to be played and factors to be considered and what a Caldari says in public can often differ from their own private views. There was a reason why I enjoyed the old verbal sparring matches with Dex on the IGS years back because he was an intelligent Patriot who understood the State game and was always a challenge to pin down or deploy the Fed Spin against. :)

I like being in a tough spot though, some of my best RP shenanigans happen in them and it should be fun to see how the use of the infamous Deteis silver tongues work out in the interests of Kaalakiota.  :lol:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #19 on: 05 Dec 2012, 09:36 »

I'm trying to play Kat a bit more two faced lately, and she even exhibits qualities of a Patriot at times. I've also been working on that silver tongue.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #20 on: 22 Dec 2012, 09:26 »

I found a copy of the art work ken did for me  :D

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 23 Dec 2012, 00:11 »

The thing I like about this idea is that it doesn't totally abandon the concept of loyalty to the State, instead working on what the group's vision of the State is.

I don't mean to poke at anyone elses RP, of course, but for me the idea of playing a Caldari who was anything but devoted to the ideals of the State would be to be stripping away the third dimension and embracing a rather more flat characterisation in which simple drives come to the fore.

And it feels like that would be missing the point. It's the semi-altruistic aspects of the State that throw the harsher stuff into sharp relief and provide some justification for them. Otherwise you're just putting the boot in so that you can pad your own bank account - and that seems boring to me.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #22 on: 24 Dec 2012, 23:54 »

The thing I like about this idea is that it doesn't totally abandon the concept of loyalty to the State, instead working on what the group's vision of the State is.

I don't mean to poke at anyone elses RP, of course, but for me the idea of playing a Caldari who was anything but devoted to the ideals of the State would be to be stripping away the third dimension and embracing a rather more flat characterisation in which simple drives come to the fore.

And it feels like that would be missing the point. It's the semi-altruistic aspects of the State that throw the harsher stuff into sharp relief and provide some justification for them. Otherwise you're just putting the boot in so that you can pad your own bank account - and that seems boring to me.

I've sometimes thought that for Caldari there exists no such thing as perfection, only varying degrees of imperfection. There is no black or white, only varying degrees of grey.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #23 on: 30 Dec 2012, 14:34 »

I see what you did there.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 Dec 2012, 17:04 »

<snip>
However, I'd like to notice, that my opinion is very very highly biased to the fact, that I personally really hate ideas of treason, thievery and criminality in common. So you might as well just ignore me >_>

And while you are ignoring me, I'd like to remind you, what one Stormtrooper said: "Die, rebel scum!"  :P

To paraphrase that old Nipponese parable on being a good Samurai, if it works it isn't treason. It is, in fact, meritorious by virtue of having worked.

Also, consider the fate of the aforementioned Stormptrooper.  :lol:
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #25 on: 10 Jan 2013, 18:23 »

Perhaps it has already begun;)

As to whether or not the loyalties of Gesakaarin-haani lie with Heth or Oiritsuu, well, women always have their secrets don't they?

Certainly, it's a fun time to be a Caldari Patriot.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #26 on: 10 Jan 2013, 18:25 »

whether or not the loyalties of Gesakaarin-haani lie with Heth or Oiritsuu

Neither is good for a Wiyrkomi corp.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #27 on: 10 Jan 2013, 19:07 »

Neither is good for a Wiyrkomi corp.

Quite the apt observation.

Desiderya

« Reply #28 on: 11 Jan 2013, 06:31 »

What can possibly go wrong, eh?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 11 Jan 2013, 09:02 »

What can possibly go wrong, eh?

Distant anti-Heth Patriots interrupt the internal audit with a buy-out?  WHG can't be that expensive ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3