Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That in Norse mythology, the "Naglfar" was a ship built from the toenail and fingernail clippings of the dead?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Capsule / Ship / Capsuleer Interphase  (Read 1640 times)

Jace Carithias

Re: Capsule / Ship / Capsuleer Interphase
« Reply #15 on: 07 Dec 2012, 10:27 »

I've always assumed that it was much like flying a ship without a pod, just much faster and seeing your environment around you much like the interface we see in the game. That may seem slow and unwieldy from our scifi perspectives, but if you were to compare how quickly, despite orbit automation etc, we can control the ships with the interface to how slow it would be for a whole crew making the decisions it is still pretty impressive.
    And to me, that doesn't really rule out the more "demigod"-ish aspects. If you were to assume that the interior of your ship had cameras as well, you would also be able to view them in non-combat situations just like we see the space around our ship. And you could get minutia detail via logs, much like we see combat logs go scrolling by.
     How effective you'd want to make your egger at receiving that information quickly and in it's totality I suppose would be up to you. You can watch combat logs go by and get a gist for what is happening, but most of us will fully read them after the battle is over to get a complete picture.
Pages: 1 [2]