Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the war between Electus Matari and PIE Inc started when -EM- pilots destroyed a slaver vessel in The Bleak Lands?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 2v2 T1 Cruiser Tournament *Grab Your Guns: The sequel: the shootening*  (Read 2929 times)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums

The rules he has to abide to unless he wants to be fast tracked to writing an application to another corp maybe?  :D

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

What if we invited some loyalists to serve as referees and to ensure everything is on the up and up?

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

The ones in PIE that keep me from kicking everyone's ass. :(

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums

The ones in PIE that keep me from kicking everyone's ass. :(

Who say's we can't come around and pee in some heretics cornflakes? :D

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

True Amarr winning would make a happy Silas, so yes please.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Facing the same issues as many other loyalists, for the reasons that:

1, there is no objective gain from winning the tournament. He is not securing the safety of any people, nor making a significant strike against the Blood Raiders. Money can be acquired through other, easier methods; glory or 'demonstrations of power' are better held, he feels, to the actual battlefield than for playing a Blooder's silly game.

2, Esna isn't keen to risk his crew for negligible gain. In the previous tournament, where there was a high chance that the 'team' would hold the field and allow his crew to escape safely (as did happen), he was eager to take part. In this, however, he's putting lives on the line for (as discussed above) little apparent gain.

So, with those two factors in play, Esna's left apparently playing with other peoples' lives for the entertainment of a Raider with no definitive chance of success, nor any real victory at the end. That's not a chance he'll take.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I'm willing to entertain all options to get you all to participate, so throw me a bone here :P

Lyn Farel

Get Amarrian highborn hostages and threaten to kill them all if all the stubborn Amarrians are still being uncooperative.  :P

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums

The empire does not make deals with terrorists :p

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Plenty of incentive to enter and show the heathens and turncoats how it's done properly.

That and perhaps donate all the proceeds to children and refugees of the Faction War. Good PR about building orphanages in Huola or something...

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

Plenty of incentive to enter and show the heathens and turncoats how it's done properly.

Fights need a solid pretense. Not just a fight for the sake of a fight, which is basically what you are offering. If a loyalist would feel the need to do so, why would he not organize his own tournament rather than joining a heretic-sponsored one?

That and perhaps donate all the proceeds to children and refugees of the Faction War. Good PR about building orphanages in Huola or something...

As said, there are better ways to make isk. And gladiatorial fights tend to create a lot of orphans. I'm with Esna in this. There is little to gain, and much to lose at the moment.

You have to offer something that we cannot achieve in other ways.

Example: you will commit to fight for the 24th Crusade for a month and capture Huola if a loyalist wins and perhaps fight for the TLF if 'a terrorist' wins. That way there is both something significant to gain and to lose. Of course, such an offer has to fit into your own greater agenda. Who know, perhaps you are merely looking for a chance to recover some Blood Raider artifacts in Huola?

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

It doesn't really matter in the end; a loyalist is just simply not the kind of character to jump into a gladiatorial arena run by a space pirate. I think the more 'orderly' characters are just going to have to accept that this event just isn't for them.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Well it's up to you all. I'm trying to organize a fun pvp tournament, and we're going to have a good time. I'm definitely willing to meet you all half way and come up with something you guys can use if you need an RP rationale. 

I'm sure you all can think of plenty of reasons your characters would want or need to be involved if you wanted to, but no worries if you don't.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

May be willing to sink some ISK into the prize pool. Really depends if my current gamble plays out as I'd like it to though.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Don't sink ISK, jump in the fight! :0

Pages: 1 [2] 3