Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Zegerth Kelja is the eccentric Sansha Underseer of True Slave Foundations?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 2v2 T1 Cruiser Tournament *Grab Your Guns: The sequel: the shootening*  (Read 2927 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

We will do this after the winter update so we can use shiny new cruisers! Yay!

2v2 Cruiser Tournament. Tier 1 new cruisers!

No big spectacles, we will run 'ladder' style, so you'll know who your opponents are for each fight ahead of time, and have about a week to get your matches in, rinse wash, repeat.

So say team 'We come for our People' has 3 other teams in their group, they'll have a week or two to fight each other team per the rules we set up on their own schedule.  Different points for different outcomes, and top point teams advancing to next rounds.

+ Premade and dedicated teams / partners, so you know who your partner is and who your enemy is before you fight. 

+ Shiny new cruisers to play with, and lots of new fitting strategies for old ships. Lots of possibilities.

+Money. Did I say money?  Participants will have an entry fee, goes into a pool. Winners will get paid out % from that fee pool. 
The more that participate, the more you can win.

+No restrictions on teams per group.  So we can have 3 teams from PIE and 2 teams from True Slave Foundations, etc.  We will make all efforts to ensure teams from same organizations do not face each other until absolutely necessary.  Blatant throwing of matches and you are out, no debate.

Anyway we'll toss this up on IGS soon, think about who you want to fly with! 

ALSO I will be asking for 'neutral' referee volunteers to observe fights.  No drama, no shittery required.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

+Money. Did I say money?  Participants will have an entry fee, goes into a pool. Winners will get paid out % from that fee pool. 
The more that participate, the more you can win.
Can space poors join?  :D

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

We'll make this affordable, probably 50-100m to join, probably about what the ships will cost to buy and fit.  Anyone who is that short on isk I will be happy to front.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

If we make it too low, the prize pool will be miniscule and not attract participants, if we make it too high we cut out a lot of potential participants.  Something in the range of 50+ seems about right to me.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

fitted crusiers are about 30-40m  :P

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums

Bah, too bad you're a terrible heretic and that we don't endorse "duelling"  :(

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Bah, too bad you're a terrible heretic and that we don't endorse "duelling"  :(

I don't see any reason why PIE would not relish an opportunity to showcase the superiority of Amarr ships and tactics?

If you need an RP bone to join let me know and let's get you all involved.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press

Already posted with a way to break your contest >.>
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Already posted with a way to break your contest >.>

Not at all! I've participated in these exact events before, and it hasn't really been an issue.   This is for fun so anyone we suspect of intentionally shitting on the event is kicked, end of story.   This isn't alliance tournament with billions in prizes so there's not enough on the line to make people be particularly nasty, and like I said we just won't put up with that kind of thing anyway.

Teams signing up will be expected to have an open day or two during the week or weekend, and will register with those availabilities. 

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

Do you have a somewhat more RP-flavored sauce to go with this?

I mean, why would those who are aligned against you RP-wise would want to enter this 'competition'?

Gladiators violentia sounds a bit barbaric and would suggest that only people who like bloodsport should participate.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I mean, why would those who are aligned against you RP-wise would want to enter this 'competition'?

Gladiators violentia sounds a bit barbaric and would suggest that only people who like bloodsport should participate.

I would be happy to try and figure out something to get some of you prim and proper types to join (especially you, Merdaneth!) I think I had a 'decent' trope with the 'civilians in danger' last time but don't want to recycle.

Non-RPers will also likely be participating.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

I would be happy to try and figure out something to get some of you prim and proper types to join (especially you, Merdaneth!) I think I had a 'decent' trope with the 'civilians in danger' last time but don't want to recycle.

Non-RPers will also likely be participating.

There is precedent in Amarr loyalist tradition for tournament style duels being used to decide disputes. However, we do need a proper dispute/matter that needs to be decided for it. I don't think PIE will join since they have a general rule against duels (although broken by Rodj in the past by duelling with Evanda: bad Rodj!), don't know about the other prim'n'propers.

They are toning down the ancillary boosters, right? Hope we can avoid ancillary booster mirror matches....

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

Must... change... rules!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Well I want you all involved, so let's make it happen!

ASB's are getting a big nerf but they will still be viable. Not OMFG winsauce but probably competitive with other modules.

What rules, Aldrith?

Pages: [1] 2 3