Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A request  (Read 15162 times)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
Re: A request
« Reply #45 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:25 »

First: The quoted segment refers to your moderator position in OOC, not the Summit.

I was never a moderator in the OOC.

That's irrelevant, and I have little reason to believe it is true.

Uhm, if I was ever a moderator in OOC, you wouldn't be able to ban me. Also, let's play with the paradox there.

Leopold Caine was banned from OOC whilst being a mod (somehow) for being afk whilst his corpmate called an OOC moderator thngs they weren't happy to hear. Like for example:

You're right, I never kicked you from the Summit. It's also probably the first bit of actual genuine truth that I've heard out of your mouth in months, so good job on that.

At the same time, Leopold Caine was removed from the Summit moderation because for some reason OOC = IC, or it should be and if you ask any questions about it, you will get banned to *end quote*

Now let's get back to page 1 of the topic if I'm wrong and someone please answer my question without morwen's  tautological plot hole ridden bullshit,  sil vous plait?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #46 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:41 »

Don't even try that.

If you were a moderator in OOC at one point, you either removed yourself or were removed by Graelyn. You haven't been one for a while, but because YOU did not ask to have it fixed, nothing was done.

You weren't AFK in the slightest. You actively contributed. You responded to the original comment by Shino within twenty seconds of him saying so and proceeded to do so for two minutes, along with Salena.

You were removed from Summit moderation many hours later by Graelyn after HE had reviewed logs and reports from that morning. I had nothing to do with that, nor did I even know about it until afterwards when Tib was having trouble getting the MOTD to work right - in fact I had been out for dinner and was coming home when it happened.

You have your answer to the question, multiple times from me and Tib. You even have it from Graelyn:

>80% of all complaints to Summit/OOC Staff come from grudges that have nothing to do with the channel.

Still waiting to hear what Leo did to cause such a complaint.

No one complained this time, actually.
I got 4 mails going
"OMG Morwen just kicked Leo! Here are the logs! See? That's nothing! Fuck Morwen!"
My response after reading said 'defenses' was "Uhh, that's not nothing, and I sure won't have mods behaving that way."

I got another copy of the logs from the other mods. They matched. Welp.

I checked with myself to make sure I agreed. Yup.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:49 »

Perhaps everyone who is pissed at each other can take this shit elsewhere? I know we all got points to make but I don't see any of the statements or responses bringing any resolution to anything.  A few more pages of tit-for-tat circle jerking isn't going to mend any fences here. Do it behind closed doors.

But:

1. Let's not antagonize despite when we feel we've justification to do so.
2. Let's HTFU just a smidge on all sides.

I think I'm friendly with most involved here so:

Leo has some cause to be pissed, but probably didn't go about his response in the most productive manor.
Morwen got called some names, might have been better to handle it immediately but privately and stave off public drama

It's all good though.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #48 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:58 »

This thread needs to be sterilized.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #49 on: 18 Oct 2012, 13:01 »

That's not because that place it dedicated to the Summit/OOC that it has to level down to its standards. I think we are still on backstage and mudslinging contests are not welcome last I remember.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 18 Oct 2012, 13:09 »

Sticking my head in to just neutrally confirm that yes, mods can de-mod (and then ban) other mods.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #51 on: 18 Oct 2012, 13:39 »

1. Let's not antagonize despite when we feel we've justification to do so.
2. Let's HTFU just a smidge on all sides.

Prettymuch exactly what I've been thinking as I read this thread.

e; I'm not going to be contributing much to this thread—most know who my friends in game are and I'm not here to be biased—but I can't help but take this as a sign that the community as a whole needs thicker skins.

Just my opinion though, make what you will of it.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2012, 13:53 by Safai »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #52 on: 18 Oct 2012, 13:43 »

At the same time, Leopold Caine was removed from the Summit moderation because for some reason OOC = IC, or it should be and if you ask any questions about it, you will get banned to *end quote*

Now let's get back to page 1 of the topic if I'm wrong and someone please answer my question without morwen's  tautological plot hole ridden bullshit,  sil vous plait?

Facepalm.

Your actions in OOC reflect on your privilege to be a moderator at all. If I was a channel mod, and I saw someone behaving like you did, even in a completely unrelated channel, I would take issue with it, because it is just not the sort of behavior that is acceptable for a moderator to display. Your actions in OOC represented a gross lack of conduct. Period. IC never came into it because in this case IC does not matter. Summit moderation is both IC and OOC. You messed up OOCly and face the consequences of it. The fact that your character didn't do anything ICly to warrant demodding doesn't matter in the slightest. You were demodded for OOC reasons, based on your OOC actions. Attacking morwen, and attacking Tiberious, and attacking Graelyn, doesn't change the facts. There is no loophole or technicality to fit through, you are not going to argue your moderator status back, and the fact that you refuse to even see what you did wrong reflects extremely poorly on your character, and if anything, is hurting your chances of ever being a moderator again.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 18 Oct 2012, 14:02 »

If leo broke rules and gots to go, then so be it. However Moderators will appear to have cleaner hands in the matter by not speaking in such sanctimonious tones.

A few of the dispensers of justice in these proceedings will engender more love and less friction by toning it down.

The person executing the sentence should not necessarily take joy in executing the sentence; it should be seen as a failure to speak reason to someone breaking the rules, not as vindictive behavior.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #54 on: 18 Oct 2012, 19:54 »

[mod]Generally moderation of this sub-forum is mostly left to actual moderators of the Summit (Graelyn, largely). However, given how far off the rails it is, I'm going to lock it. He can review and unlock it if he would like.[/mod]

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #55 on: 18 Oct 2012, 23:30 »

Good by me.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]