Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raiders are part of an ancient cultist faction called Sani Sabik, which first appeared on Amarr Prime thousands of years ago? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A request  (Read 15158 times)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
Re: A request
« Reply #30 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:31 »

First: The quoted segment refers to your moderator position in OOC, not the Summit.

I was never a moderator in the OOC.

Shino Gekai

• Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:36 »

Well now i know it isnt  acceptable  :D I dont need to be unbanned i already understand your message. I will try and find another group for me and my friends.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #32 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:56 »

Shino mad, bro.  :|

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #33 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:05 »

I do think there should be a channel where other people new to RP can learn and ask questions that will get answered about how to get into RP

There is something I had hammered into me the first time I was in EM.

There is no such thing as 'someone should'. There is only 'I will' or 'I won't'.

If you think another channel is needed, make one.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Shino Gekai

• Clonejack
« Reply #34 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:10 »

:D Well i can't make a channel to ask questions in and have them answered if i myself do not know and am new to rp  :oops:

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #35 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:16 »

:D Well i can't make a channel to ask questions in and have them answered if i myself do not know and am new to rp  :oops:

Best way to learn is to teach  ;)

Shino Gekai

• Clonejack
« Reply #36 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:23 »

This line of thinking is very strange to me. How can you teach something you know nothing about ? Wouldnt that be the same as me teaching people how to use Russian when i dont know any russian ? :s

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:35 »

This line of thinking is very strange to me. How can you teach something you know nothing about ? Wouldnt that be the same as me teaching people how to use Russian when i dont know any russian ? :s

It's the same idea as 'practice makes perfect'. By RPing a lot, you will get better at RP over time.

Shino Gekai

• Clonejack
« Reply #38 on: 18 Oct 2012, 11:39 »

Rp'ng and getting better i agree with  but that requires an understanding of RP to initiate not to mention other people asking me questions i could never answer until i had done it and ofc gotten banned from somewhere else  :oops:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #39 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:01 »

First: The quoted segment refers to your moderator position in OOC, not the Summit.

I was never a moderator in the OOC.

That's irrelevant, and I have little reason to believe it is true. There's no reason you should've been an exception given that every other moderator was an op in both channels when Graelyn added all of us. The onus was on you to have it corrected, and because you never seemed to bother trying to do so, it was expected that you didn't care - given that it's common knowledge that the mod lists were intended to be the same for both channels, you can't claim you didn't know. It was your responsibility to ask Graelyn to fix it. Not ours to fix it for you - or for us to care.

Your moderator privileges were removed in the Summit as a result of your behavior in OOC, the sister/companion channel. What you do in one channel affects your status as a moderator in the other, regardless of whether or not you're a mod in both channels.

Shino: English not being your first language is no excuse. You'd spent a little under a week in the channel as far as I could tell, and not only had I answered some of your questions, I had also politely informed you that calling someone "impotent" for no reason was inappropriate and that you should take more care with the words you use. You've also been in Stillwater for two months, and it is no secret that Leo and the other moderators do not get along at all. If I travel to a foreign country and break a bunch of social rules, I'm not going to get a ton of wiggle room from the locals. The internet is no different.

So exactly what am I supposed to think when I'm presented with the situation from yesterday? I logged in, and hadn't said anything at all before I saw you calling me a cunt, followed by your two corpmates - Leo included - joining in instead of telling you that it was inappropriate. That it was all in good fun? No. Too much adding up to say it was deliberate and meant to be insulting, even with language barriers.

Even in the unlikely situation that you were told to say that and genuinely didn't know what it meant, you still had the option of saying "No" and not doing it. But you did it anyway, and your actions had consequences.

I do understand the catch-22 situation with the channel stuff. There aren't any other large discussion channels for the RP community where you can ask other people with experience to give you advice to practice, and it is silly to try starting a channel to help teach about things you don't have any experience with. That's probably why Tib is offering to speak with you. Of all the options you have available to you right now, that one is probably the most likely to get you somewhere. I would suggest taking it.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #40 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:09 »

Rp'ng and getting better i agree with  but that requires an understanding of RP to initiate not to mention other people asking me questions i could never answer until i had done it and ofc gotten banned from somewhere else  :oops:

You will only get banned if you misbehave. And by that, I mean blatantly break the rules. If you are unsure of the rules, just ask. The moderators are not there to ban every single person who makes a mistake, they are there to keep the channel civil and on topic.

As Tib said on the last page, you can absolutely contact him or any of the other moderators about your banning, and talk it through with them. Unless you are completely unrepentant, or are just out to be a nuisance I sincerely doubt you will have any trouble getting back into the channel (I'm not overly sure if you were banned from the summit or OOC).

All you really need to do is just remain civil, and there won't be any reason for you to be banned. This will hold true in more or less any channel you ever join.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #41 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:13 »

Regarding the bans from OOC:

A line of profanity was spewed at a mod that someone was apparently upset with. Two other people joined in on the mocking.

In case this isn't blatantly obvious, insulting a mod - let alone with the kind of language used here - is one of the fastest ways to earn yourself a ban.

It is our job as moderators to keep OOC and the Summit a calm, reasonable place where players new and old can interact without fear of being flamed, cursed at, or otherwise. We are not suppressing anyone who disagrees with a cabal of elitist mods - even in the bannings discussed here, people openly questioned the bans and were not muted, banned, or anything of the sort. Why not? Because they did so without involving pointless mocking of the mods, insults, or bursts of crude language.

[more explanations to come as I sift through some logs]
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #42 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:15 »

- If you can't or won't play by the rules, the door is over there. You can choose whether to be a productive member of the channel or not. But if you choose not to, you're going to end up going through that door eventually anyway - either under your own power or ours. We don't really care which.

:roll:

So the RP Civil War has begun.  Its about time.

I think Morwen (aka Miss Chatlog 2010), has fairly well summed up the attitude of the whole “Summit / Backstage” system. 

You do it our way by our rules or piss off.  Now it is their channel, notice the.. THEIR.  So they can do what they please.  I left Summit / OOC channels a long time ago so no loss to me.   

Oh yes and while I am at it, SUPPRISE Boss Man "G", your moderators are human and they have their own little personal grudges. 

Now I do appreciate the effort it takes to run a channel and a forum such as this.  But RP requires a community and to be honest I just don’t think that’s “your” motivation. 

Morwen invited us to leave; personally I think we should take her advice.  :idea:

It’s a damned shame.  I actually liked this forum.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #43 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:18 »

Ya'll need hug this out, post haste.

Quit cooking up these Hater-Tots

No more washing down with gallons of hator-aide.

I see this as a great case of everyone on all sides needing to chill the hell out.

I've found private conversations with rule-breakers tends to work really well before implementing kicks/bans as well.

While not as satisfying as dispensing immediate justice, it often saves the issue of people getting their appearances hurt with a public kicking, and generally lets people diffuse a situation far from the peanut gallery of opinions.

I have an internet crush on you now Silas.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #44 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:22 »

So the RP Civil War has begun.

lol

Edit:

I don't think I made myself clear enough the first time, so I'm adding this
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2012, 12:34 by kalaratiri »