Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sansha Kuvakei was an industrial mogul before founding his Nation? Moar here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A request  (Read 15173 times)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
Re: A request
« Reply #15 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:24 »

>80% of all complaints to Summit/OOC Staff come from grudges that have nothing to do with the channel.

Still waiting to hear what Leo did to cause such a complaint.

No one complained this time, actually.
I got 4 mails going
"OMG Morwen just kicked Leo! Here are the logs! See? That's nothing! Fuck Morwen!"
My response after reading said 'defenses' was "Uhh, that's not nothing, and I sure won't have mods behaving that way."

I got another copy of the logs from the other mods. They matched. Welp.

I checked with myself to make sure I agreed. Yup.

I'm sorry, Morwen never kicked Leo from The Summit.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #16 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:25 »

I can see why you might assume I have a grudge with Tib if you know my history with TS-F (god damn you all <3), which certainly isn't the case. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you'd have reason to assume that my complaints are bullshit. If you thought so, you could've told me, and I'd have stopped wasting my time.

No, not till I saw your only ever posts suddenly weighing in on the same thing your mail did.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2012, 09:30 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #17 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:35 »

>80% of all complaints to Summit/OOC Staff come from grudges that have nothing to do with the channel.

Still waiting to hear what Leo did to cause such a complaint.

No one complained this time, actually.
I got 4 mails going
"OMG Morwen just kicked Leo! Here are the logs! See? That's nothing! Fuck Morwen!"
My response after reading said 'defenses' was "Uhh, that's not nothing, and I sure won't have mods behaving that way."

I got another copy of the logs from the other mods. They matched. Welp.

I checked with myself to make sure I agreed. Yup.

I'm sorry, Morwen never kicked Leo from The Summit.

You're right, I never kicked you from the Summit.  [Edited - Hey, cut that out. -g]

What I did do however, was kick you - twice in the space of 24 hours - from OOC. Your moderator position in the Summit was removed separately, and it was done by Graelyn. I had nothing to do with it, and neither did any of the other moderators.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2012, 09:43 by Graelyn »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #18 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:37 »

I was called an asshole in there not that long ago by some nameless crazy, with mods around, but nothing happened. I can brush that off, but it's important to show consistency when penalising users, otherwise you end up looking like an idiot, and lose their respect. I was also banned from the summit on the whim of someone I'd never said a word to, having remained silent in there for the best part of a quarter, not that long ago. Moderation of summit/ooc has always been fueled by personal grievance, from what I've experienced. I think that's maybe why we're seeing things like this happen. I've written to Graelyn about it frequently, but despite his reassurances, nothing seems to change. Since the consensus appears to be "deal with it or leave", I'd expect to see alternative channels (and forums, since posts are being deleted) surface, if they haven't already. Shame.

Hi, what?  I dealt with that issue myself, the second I got back from work.  Do you happen to remember that conversation?  It was prefaced with a lot of people saying "Talk to Tib", and you saying "Pfft, like he's going to be unbiased".

Then I talked with you and sorted out the issue.

Short memory?
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:44 »

You're right, I never kicked you from the Summit. It's also probably the first bit of actual genuine truth that I've heard out of your mouth in months, so good job on that.

I'll just leave that there and giggle.

What I did do however, was kick you - twice in the space of 24 hours - from OOC. Your moderator position in the Summit was removed separately, and it was done by Graelyn. I had nothing to do with it, and neither did any of the other moderators.

I think this is what you are all missing. I was never a moderator of OOC, I got my roles in Summit revoked. I'd like to understand the IC explanation behind it, that's all.

Shino Gekai

• Clonejack
« Reply #20 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:52 »

I'm pretty sure Leo there isn't an IC explaination. Actually im almost positive there isnt since you havent been IC in the summit for a little while. It could be about "your slaves are showing" haha

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #21 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:56 »

In the entire time you have been a moderator in the Summit, I and other mods can only remember you actually doing your job once, and that was within the last month. The rest of the time you're pushing your luck and trying to piss people off.

Call it failure to meet the terms of your contract.

The two channels are paired companions. You should have had moderator access in OOC, and in fact did at one point. Things you do as a moderator in one can (and will) affect your status in the other channel as a moderator, and that's how it's been since Graelyn decided to unify the two mod lists. There are only two reasons you wouldn't be on the list in OOC but on it in the Summit: someone removed you from the list (Graelyn, if anyone) or you removed yourself.

Given a perceived lack of noise on Graelyn's end for a good while regarding moderation, the assumption that you had done it yourself was a reasonable one, and so we didn't feel like "correcting" it. If you felt you should've had access in there, the onus was on you to do something about it. You certainly didn't seem to, and that really only made it seem even more like the right guess.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:57 »

Ya'll need hug this out, post haste.

Quit cooking up these Hater-Tots

No more washing down with gallons of hator-aide.

I see this as a great case of everyone on all sides needing to chill the hell out.

I've found private conversations with rule-breakers tends to work really well before implementing kicks/bans as well.

While not as satisfying as dispensing immediate justice, it often saves the issue of people getting their appearances hurt with a public kicking, and generally lets people diffuse a situation far from the peanut gallery of opinions.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:04 »

You should have had moderator access in OOC, and in fact did at one point.

No, I was never given any rights regarding OOC.

Given a perceived lack of noise on Graelyn's end for a good while regarding moderation, the assumption that you had done it yourself was a reasonable one, and so we didn't feel like "correcting" it. If you felt you should've had access in there, the onus was on you to do something about it. You certainly didn't seem to, and that really only made it seem even more like the right guess.

Ok, let me get this straight. Are you know trying to faux things to make it look like I resigned as a Summit Mod?

Shino Gekai

• Clonejack
« Reply #24 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:04 »

Who's to say that i wouldnt have apologized for my comments on OOC if someone said they werent comfortable with the things i said? Never hurts to  convo people when they break the rules IMO.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #25 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:12 »

First: The quoted segment refers to your moderator position in OOC, not the Summit.

Second: Not in the slightest. Failure to meet the terms of your contract has the implication that you were fired. Which, as it happens, you were. Try to spin it all you want by quoting things and responding to them with incorrect context, but it won't change anything.

Shino: I had already warned you the day before to watch the words you use. You pretty clearly didn't pick up on it, and I wasn't the one who made the decision to make your ban permanent. All I did was send logs to another moderator, and then dish out the responses they suggested. As I told you before you were banned, you need to take it up with Tib (or Graelyn) if you want it reversed, because I'm not going to.

The idea of you apologizing - and actually meaning it - for that stunt yesterday is pretty laughable, really, given the timing and content.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Niraia

• Clonejack
« Reply #26 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:14 »

Hi, what?  I dealt with that issue myself, the second I got back from work.  Do you happen to remember that conversation?  It was prefaced with a lot of people saying "Talk to Tib", and you saying "Pfft, like he's going to be unbiased".

Then I talked with you and sorted out the issue.

Short memory?

Which event are you referring to?

If the former, I remember you showing up and asking us to stop shitting up the channel in your cute authoritative way. Unless you think calling someone a cunt is worse than calling someone an asshole, there's room for improvement in the channel moderation's consistency, don't you think?

The latter.. I don't recall saying that, though it would've been in jest if I did, and hopefully worded so that it would've been clearly interpreted so.

"Short memory?" - this is why I don't like you. You come across as arrogant and unpersonable most of the time. That's useful in some areas, but not when it comes to internet spaceship community moderation.

I honestly don't give a shit whether you're "disappointed" or not.

I know that. Just saying :)

You are constantly giving Tiberious shit for no reason other than his membership in a corporation that you have bad history with that he was never involved in, even when he tries to help you. It was over a year ago and if you haven't figured out by now that nobody cares anymore then there's really nothing we can do.

It's a stretch to say I'm constantly giving him shit. This is about as delusional as the rest of the quote. See my last post for clarification. People will like you more if you don't assume you know everything about the intentions of others, especially others you've spent about 5 minutes talking to over a year or more.

- If you can't or won't play by the rules, the door is over there.

Does this mean that discussing or commenting on the rules is forbidden? Or that you just don't like it when it happens because you think your word should be final?

- You can say you could do a better job all you want, but your actions the last few days really don't indicate that.

Because I'm questioning whether you're doing a good job or not?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I appreciate that, even though it seems like Morwen won't.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #27 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:17 »

Who's to say that i wouldnt have apologized for my comments on OOC if someone said they werent comfortable with the things i said? Never hurts to  convo people when they break the rules IMO.

For the record, calling someone what you did, especially in an aggressive way, is going to make the person you are calling a name uncomfortable.  You should expect that this sort of thing will be dealt with in the future.  So, are you apologizing?
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Shino Gekai

• Clonejack
« Reply #28 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:23 »

Well thats your opinion. I am ok staying out of OOC. I don't believe in staying where people dont want you. I do think there should be a channel where other people new to RP can learn and ask questions that will get answered about how to get into RP especially for people like me and other Japanese that will be instantly banned for our poor understanding of english  whimsical comments, inuendos, and whatever that other word i called. It's pretty clear i cant mesh with  this westerner group of people.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #29 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:27 »

Hi Shino,

You should contact me so I can let you know that, no, calling people things such as you did is not acceptable.  Then you can apologize to the offended, and we can get your permaban sorted out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4