"Still, I'm glad you care about the fate of the channel. I really am always looking for ways to improve." ~Graelyn
"If you don't like the rules, you can leave the channel. It's really really easy to do." ~Morwen
I'm starting to see why so many people have issues with you, Morwen. I'm honestly disappointed.
I honestly don't give a shit whether you're "disappointed" or not. Here's why:
Your reaction to the moderator response to two displays of clearly
inappropriate behavior was "omg they did nothing wrong" (they did) and "but it was actually funny" (it wasn't) and "the mods are humourless dicks," (we aren't) rather than "dude, not cool" (it wasn't) and "reporting the problem to Graelyn" (I'm guessing you didn't).
Your reaction to a rule that has been in place for almost (over?) a year that has helped reduce senseless, stupid drama and pointless work for the moderation team, is that it is "retarded", when in fact it is not. It is a rule against a particular behavior, not against the discussion subject. People can discuss slavery all they like, and the moderators only step in when people start going for blood. Bringing slaves on screen has always caused more of a ruckus, and oddly enough the majority of people who spent inordinate amounts of time complaining about (or breaking) the rule are precisely the people who have an affinity for creating pointless drama.
You are constantly giving Tiberious shit for no reason other than his membership in a corporation that you have bad history with that he was never involved in
, even when he tries to help you. It was over a year ago and if you haven't figured out by now that nobody cares anymore
then there's really nothing we can do.
- Don't like a particular rule? Ask nicely and provide a good reason for it to be removed rather than calling it retarded. We can't promise we'll actually change the rule just because one person asks, but you'll get past the "no, you're
retarded" entry barrier at least.
- We aren't going to tolerate that kind of behavior from anyone in either channel. It doesn't matter if you think it's funny, and it doesn't matter if you don't like the mods. If you call someone a cunt, expect to be kicked in yours. End of story.
- If you can't or won't play by the rules, the door is over there. You can choose whether to be a productive member of the channel or not. But if you choose not to, you're going to end up going through that door eventually anyway - either under your own power or ours. We don't really care which.
Addressing the posts missed while I've been typing:
- Typically, when someone is misbehaving and breaking rules in a repeated fashion, moderator action against that individual tends to ramp up as well. This does not make it personal. It makes it in response to misbehavior and rule-breaking. Don't like it? Don't misbehave.
- You can say you could do a better job all you want, but your actions the last few days really don't indicate that.
- Having a grudge, and actually acting on it, are two wholly different things. Are there people who use the channel that various moderators don't like? Hell yes - there always have been. Do we single them out for moderation on that alone? Never. Why then, do some of those people find themselves being moderated anyway? Because they break rules.
Leo: You have your explanation in my first post above. You can take it or leave it - but don't pretend people haven't given you an explanation.