Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers resurfaced in YC106 to protest the monopoly then held by the empires on deadspace warp beacon technology.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: EoM topic  (Read 4369 times)

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
EoM topic
« on: 16 Oct 2012, 14:06 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=163603

Excuse me,

Are people so seriously pissed off that they were not included in some actual RP in space that they have to shit up this thread? All the calls for "it didn't actually happen." Including shit on twitter, well it's just seriously disappointing. Yes, there are 10000 reasons why in game this could not have happened, chief among them being "we can't land on planets." Yes, everyone knows this, yeah you can use every one of those mechanics to point out how this is just a fake and blah blah.

How about instead, everyone focus on what if this did happen, what if it was possible, what if shit like this did go down. Everyone and their mother seemed (two topics ago that I read) wanting to oust Stillwater as a Angel Cartel loyalist corp. Hey, don't look now, but this is the PERFECT CHANCE to do just that.

Hey they mentioned some virus, maybe you could scan the crash site, and deliver a report, or send a team in to help survivors. Or find out that the death toll is less than 3 million (but here's a pro tip, let's not short change the event people by going from 3 million to a few hundred okay? thanks.).

Guess what, we can't actually in game, get out of our pods and meet up with other capsuleers, but we all do it in chat channels. Holy crap that must all not be real either. Some intrepid folks are out there creating content for you to RP with and the first thing that comes to mind for some of you is to instead of diving in and RPing, is to, through THIN OOC/IC lines, claim that it isn't real? If you don't think it's real, ignore the RP and let other people go about their business.

Okay, I'm done, move this off to the catacombs for someone to create a similar topic who isn't so utterly disappointed.

:bash:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: EoM topic
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2012, 14:11 »

I also tend to give much much more leeway to people willing to suicide expensive assets and throw down ISK for RP plots.

Kudos to EM and Stillwater

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2012, 14:11 »

I don't think I claimed that it never happened, but I'm stopping commenting on the thread now anyway. Kala just really doesn't like either the EoM or Stillwater, and as she's a bit snippy right now I didn't really see any reason for her not to take a few cheap shots. Anyway, I'm not getting her dragged into any big discussion, so as I said I'm stopping now.

Sorry.

As for the 'go and do it in space' bit, I have a few problems with that right now  ;) IGS is basically the only medium open to me.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2012, 14:18 »

Mucho props for RP in space, I see no problem with this.

+1 Leo/Boma

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2012, 14:19 »

I also tend to give much much more leeway to people willing to suicide expensive assets and throw down ISK for RP plots.

Kudos to EM and Stillwater
These two people are doing it right, also Kala you didn't and I understand you aren't able to get online, so not referring to you two <3
Or John

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2012, 15:07 »

I think the saddest part of the whole thing is the fact that people usually cursing and whining that Eve's RP is lacking are suddenly trying to prove the thing never happened.

I'm sorry, RP doesn't always happen the way you want it to. Just hop in, and play along with it, If you're going to go :morwen: or :aldrith: on it, contact Boma. No really, do what I said.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2012, 15:10 »

Actually the reason why Aldrith is turing his nose up at the thread is the same as Kala's; he really doesn't like either Leopold or the EoM and wants to discredit them in any way possible.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2012, 15:13 »

I really should pay Astroyka. She does all the PR for for the Amarr for free.

Love your event, EoM/Stillwater. Sorry all the stupid RPers are Stupid RPing all over it.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2012, 15:21 »

Love your event, EoM/Stillwater. Sorry all the stupid RPers are Stupid RPing all over it.

Thanx Grae, and don't worry, we got used of it in time.

Anxiang

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2012, 15:44 »

Does this often happen to player made live events or are they just being a quivery bag of dicks to stillwater and Seekers of a Silent paradise?

Cause consistency would be nice at least, even if it is the IGS circle jerk.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2012, 15:52 »

Certain groups are harassed more than others for OOC reasons, unfortunately.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2012, 15:57 »

I'd say just have fun with it and let the naysayers naysay. Haters gonna hate.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2012, 16:31 »

My only hope is that there will be no response from CCP in any kind of way that verifies what is claimed here - none at all.

While I can respect people's RP arcs and having fun about it if this is 'legitimized' in any way things will be taken to absurd levels by anyone interested in doing so.

Carrier crashed into planet killing 3 million, instantly topping PF like Gal-Cal war and Malkalen? Excusable, being somewhat small-scale, but if this take off.

"Hi we off Goonswarm would like you all to know we were bored today so suicided a few hundred capitals into random planets in low-sec. All your people are now extinct and we await the news from CCP's actors to announce how we won EVE shortly. Thank you and have a great day."

Again, props for the RP acting and playing along - I half-way expected Boma to show up and deny the whole 'being captured' thing - but if my toon was commenting it would be along the lines of 'bullshit until verified by authorities', sorry.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #13 on: 16 Oct 2012, 16:39 »

Oh my god, I just don't understand that stance Bloodbird or the way Aldrith handled shit for this event.

Honestly Leo and Boma +1 for trying to get an event off the ground.

Here's what I would have done to discredit.

1. Suggest that the death toll is MUCH lower than indicated by Leo. Use that as a method of discredit. In the thousands, mostly ships crew, instead of millions.
2. You know that CCP won't be "joining the story" but shit tons of RP happens without CCP say-so. IE U'K "mission" to run supplies to the Angel site. Ease the devastation as it were. Off hand I can think of 5 mechanics that makes that impossible. Didn't see anyone bitching there. Instead on this event one could have found some other avenue of interaction, or if you don't want to be involved, then just act like it didn't happen(happens all the time).

It's responses like these that make it so hard for anyone new, or any new idea's to get into our RP as a whole, because some section of "us" are going to loudly stomp all over something they don't agree with. Makes it pretty hard to do anything fun that involves more than just your direct circle of RPers

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2012, 16:48 »

Pretty much what Bloodbird said. Three million dead is a national tragedy that would make headlines all over the cluster. It's all fine and dandy to be epic in your RP, but realsim is also a factor in allowing other players to buy into it. Until this picks up pace expect many people IC to not swallow the story.

1. Suggest that the death toll is MUCH lower than indicated by Leo. Use that as a method of discredit. In the thousands, mostly ships crew, instead of millions.

Exactly what I did:

Either the death toll is exaggerated or extreme ineptitude was exhibited in the handling of this event. Even if it is true I suspect that if the story is now being used to illicit sympathy for the ‘noble’ Cartel protectors of Akila. Leopold’s crocodile tears may fool some, but not I.

Now quit acting all butthurt. If someone can take creative license by smooshing a few million people so can we by refusing to believe it.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2012, 16:53 by Aldrith Shutaq »
Pages: [1] 2 3